PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2023 RUSH/PTP Thread

Believe what you want. Doesn't change the fact that Kraft doesn't involve himself in signing FAs. It's part of the agreement that BB and he made that brought BB to the team. It's known that there the Krafts and BB have moral rules they follow when it comes to players, though they missed it on Hernandez.

Home grown players are a different story. Guys like Bruschi, Light, Wilfork, Brown, Edelman, Brady. Even then, though, Kraft has not gotten involved except on the extremely rare occasion.
The only case I can recall of Kraft getting involved in acquiring a player was the Moss trade, where he insisted on a face-to-face meeting before allowing the trade.

The only case I can recall of Kraft getting involved in acquiring a player was the Moss trade, where he insisted on a face-to-face meeting before allowing the trade.
He got involved with Wilfork's contract at one point as well, but beyond that, he's done what he promised Belichick he'd do. Which was to stay out of the Day to Day football business. One of the biggest issues that Pete Carroll had complained about was the "back staircase" to the Owner's suite and BB ended that immediately. Just like he had the likes of Borges cut off.

The next Terrell Suggs. Broke his Div II sack records.

Played at Matthew Judson’s alma mater before transferring to in-state rival Ferris State.

He will be hungry to prove his worth. Won’t be drag racing while drunk or attacking people in restaurants.

Caleb Phucking Murphy.

Don't know if this falls in the Rush or LB category, but Tennessee's Byron Young made himself some money the past two days; whereas Nick Herbig, OTOH, looked like he didn't belong on the same field with the others.

In preparation to do a big mock draft on Reddit (full 7 rounds each team has a war room of 2-3 guys) I made a current depth chart for the Pats. After doing that it became very clear that the Pats will add one or two edge guys to the squad through the draft.

Right now they have Judon, Wise (who often kicks inside in pass situations), Uche, Perkins and Jennings. I’m not sure Jennings and Perkins make the team and Uche could leave in free agency.

I doubt the Pats spend any of their picks in the first or second round on the position but I could see them double dipping in rounds 3-6. Would love to hear thoughts on who people like at the position in those rounds.

I could see Andre Carter as a target, he didn’t look good at the Senior bowl so he could slip, but a year in the NFL system adding strength and bull combined with his length could result in him developing into an elite guy down the road.

In preparation to do a big mock draft on Reddit (full 7 rounds each team has a war room of 2-3 guys) I made a current depth chart for the Pats. After doing that it became very clear that the Pats will add one or two edge guys to the squad through the draft.

Right now they have Judon, Wise (who often kicks inside in pass situations), Uche, Perkins and Jennings. I’m not sure Jennings and Perkins make the team and Uche could leave in free agency.

I doubt the Pats spend any of their picks in the first or second round on the position but I could see them double dipping in rounds 3-6. Would love to hear thoughts on who people like at the position in those rounds.

I could see Andre Carter as a target, he didn’t look good at the Senior bowl so he could slip, but a year in the NFL system adding strength and bull combined with his length could result in him developing into an elite guy down the road.

I like Isaiah McGuire & KJ Henry as early-Day 3 (4th round+) options... Dylan Horton & YaYa Diaby, among others, later in the day...

Nolan Smith out of Georgia, the undersized but extremely athletic edge rusher, must figure prominently in Bill’s mind. Maybe even at 14. But I’d prefer a trade down.

Uche could very well be gone after next year. And those mobile QBs require athletes operating in space on defense.

Nolan Smith out of Georgia, the undersized but extremely athletic edge rusher, must figure prominently in Bill’s mind. Maybe even at 14. But I’d prefer a trade down.

Uche could very well be gone after next year. And those mobile QBs require athletes operating in space on defense.

Why would Uche be gone next year? Do you think that the Pats won't re-sign him?

Why would Uche be gone next year? Do you think that the Pats won't re-sign him?
They will try. And probably succeed. But who knows.

I like Isaiah McGuire & KJ Henry as early-Day 3 (4th round+) options... Dylan Horton & YaYa Diaby, among others, later in the day...

I take that back regarding YaYa... He definitely won't see the end of the 5th round now, if not the end of the 4th...

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back