PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2020 TE/PTP Thread

I want the Pats to double up on TE in the 2020 draft. I love the two TE offense the Pats used to run. Gronk’s first few years with the unnamed one, and 8 games with Bennett, those offenses were insane when healthy. I really like Colby Parkinson from Stanford and of course Albert Okwuegbunam from Missouri. If they drafted those 2, this offense would be insane.

I share your hope's along with a wr.....;)

Just been watching some vids of okwuegbunam he looks the part so would be worth a pick...will keep watching

I'm for moving Harry to the Hernandez role

2 very unique and diffirent players

Hernandez a versatile TE that could line up inside, outside, or in the backfield

Harry a Dez Bryant like outside option, excels on jump balls and breaking tackles

I think if there is a tight end who can fill the Hernandez type of role it would be hunter bryant out of Washington. I think if he falls to the fourth round we should consider taking him. He runs well and pretty good at jump balls as well. I think the biggest con with him is his blocking and he has a problem with drops. But I like him in the middle rounds.

Weak TE class to me, Kmet is my TE1 with relative ease

Not a huge Kmet fan, more of a Kyankee fan. Sorry for the bad joke, I’ll show myself out.

All joking aside, I’m not a huge Kmet fan. Seems to have zero explosiveness. Honestly, I’d be thrilled if the Pats take ANY TE in the first 3 rounds, but Kmet is lower on my list than most folks lists. I bet he will be the #1 TE going into the combine.

Did Houston miller declared for the draft.

My top two guys at this moment in time from watching a bit of film is Brycen Hopkins and Hunter Bryant.
Neither in my view are worth a 1st and are more likely 3rd rounders and later.

Hunter Bryant might be the closer thing to AH, in his ability to run routes, speed for a TE. He’s not the gronk in blocking terms but he puts in effort and does his job.

Hopkins reminds me of Kelce. Mismatch nightmare. (Continue)

Will Randy Moss’ Son Thaddeus be in this draft? If so where does he fall?

Not sure, little undersized but blocks like hell and is a capable receiver

Day 2 pick to me, maybe falls to early Day 3

What’s this guy’s story? Looks like he was basically a special teamer with minimal work on the D-line?
Exactly, I was just passing along the info to OJ. Basically he was a decent recruit, had a bunch of offers but chose TT. He loves KK & reading between the lines makes me think he was told something others weren't. I doubt he goes before day 3, I'd be shocked but I bet a little birdy told him someone likes him & will eventually get picked up. Again reading between the lines but I don't think he's a happy guy at TT.

He's eligible so he can. I'd say day 3 but he's one of the better blocking TEs in the class.
Not sure, little undersized but blocks like hell and is a capable receiver

Day 2 pick to me, maybe falls to early Day 3
Idk 6'3/250 & he's still growing into his body. I think he's good in that area.

is Kmet worth taking in the first? Because I do not think hed be there in the second

is Kmet worth taking in the first? Because I do not think hed be there in the second
Honestly I think you'd have to love him. Love his bully attitude though. We definitely need a physical presence on offense.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back