PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2018 NFL DRAFT/PATRIOT-TYPE THREAD

Guy was a legit difference maker when he was playing.

Check out @PFF's Tweet:

I remember last year when he was getting torn apart around this time.

Check out @StillRyanFive's Tweet:

Could have just told me to go **** myself. Less words.

To be clear I love Engram as a blocker ..... in the right alignments/situations ect.

Yes he can block inline but I think making him a traditional Y could be a mistake.

Don't overthink it. His game, exactly how it is, translates.

Manning is the only quarterback in the history who has been able to routinely defeat the New England Patriots.

I thought this was absolutely hilarious.

Manning = Patriot Killer!

Copied from the steelcurtain.

Couple of Duke highlights. His technique needs some work. Pad level, recognizing blocking assignments are two that are fixable and would make him an absolute monster.

6'4/270. Great motor, quickness/speed and loose hips. Hands are good also. Lines up inside on occasion.

Check out @mcclainfan59's Tweet:

Very good route runner and obviously can jump.

He's fierce. His cuts are animal-like. Great initial burst. So aggressive and runs so hard.

Check out @WurthDraft's Tweet:

Richie James another sudden, running back with the ball in his hands guy. He's a talented guy. Def worth checking out. Very interested in his missed tackles this year.

Great tracking ability. Can take a hit. Go up and get the ball (Not the biggest guy around 6) and has some burst to him

Barkley and D.G. gunna be going back and forth all year. Both amazing backs that look like top 10-15 picks.

Both have nasty cuts.

At times Obo just shoots off the l.o.s. Low & Fast!

Last edited:

Fire Hydrant type with built in leverage and great power. Motor doesn't stop and not a bad word to say about him.

These 2 are fun to watch. Barkley has elite lateral cut ability, will hurdle, spin and can break a tackle. Derrius is just beast running the ball. Hes a wild man. Reminds me of Zeke a lil bit. Both have that effort 2nd gear. No idea how this class looks depth wise but there will be a ton of top heavy talent to choose from days 1 & 2.

Richie James is a guy everyone will know around this time next year. Gives you a lil bit of everything you want from a guy his size. Menace to tackle. Can't wait to see how many missed he has.

Wrote a lil bit about Darnold on the 1st page and this type of throw comes up a lot. Just has a knack for putting the play in a spot only his guy can get to. You don't teach that. This guy has a great arm but Leftwhich-like delivery. When the ball is set he can get rid of it very quick but it needs to be cleaned up.

Last edited:
Arden Key had a day vs Ole Miss. He said he put on weight. Which is much needed bc he needs it in order to put OT's behind him with his rip move.

He's a relentless animal that is already pretty advanced in terms of rushing the passer.

1) First play of the game is a simple bull rush. He takes 3 steps and explodes into the linemen. He makes his point. Kelly is moved off his spot. Better hand placement will give him better leverage and added weight will help when he extends his arms (hopefully all the way) Allowing put that T on skates, if not throw him back all together.

2)Shows some nice hand strength with a snatch and pull. Again this will be much easier @255lbs. He almost kills Kelly. Should have been an INT.

3) Reads the play well and doesn't bite. Doesn't over pursue. He finishes as well. I'm big on finishing.

4) He's going to cause a lot of these penalties this year and at the next level. He just fakes the T out on a hesitation move and gets the inside lane. If you look around @34's the T's ass/back is facing the sideline and his QB is the middle of the field. Big no-no. As a T you always want to be "mooning" your QB. Front and back end work together and you want to follow your QB with your ass. Causes the T to take down Key with no hope out of position.

5) Greg Little never had a chance here. He's beat out of his stance and off the ball. Key takes one full step before Little gets into half his slide. He's a deer in the headlights, stops he feet to adjust while Key is already turning the hoop. Key hits him with a nice club/swat before he blows by him. Again finishes.

6)Again Little has no chance and really no idea what hes doing. He's afraid of Keys speed, which will cause him to back up and give Key more space. Of course not using his hands hurts even more. Key just does what he does and gets after the QB. Not sure if it was designed or not but Key takes the lane given and pressures Kelly.

7) This was designed but you would think they would go away from him? Anyway the leave Engram and a back to block. Engram does a decent job before Key is able to convert his rip and put Engram behind him pressing the QB into an INT.

8) Just look where he is when the ball is out. He finds it quick and scores a TD. Finish.

9) If he develops a spin move he'll be unstoppable. It's tight. It needs work but its there. Get the icepick down and he'll have a great inside counter. Shows great pursuit and chases down his guy. Something hes going to be doing a lot of at the next level.

Last edited:
This is shaping up as a much better draft. Much better.

1) Multiple QB's with plenty to work with. At least 4 in the 1st round. Darnold, Rosen and Jackson could all go top 5-10.

2) RUSH, QB, RB are talented up front & as deep(er) than this class. I'm sure other positions will pop up. DB/WR are extremely interesting.

3) Tons of unique talent at different positions. Very exciting.

Pro/College should be great.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back