PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bettor places $1.5M on Rams straight-up (won on $1M Eagles bet last year)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Cons: My high flying confidence about the game is gone

Pros: I’ve had trouble hating the Rams, and now all my hatred can be focused on this turd. Also I’ve said about 10 times I hate that all the money is on the Pats. This puts a huge dent in that.

who is this guy?

Because hopelessly rich people have never in history made stupid mistakes with their money!

I mean I can understand if the guy pays the refs under the table or something or has inside information but it shouldn't have an affect on the outcome of the game. Wasn't there some guy who bet big on the Falcons in SB51?

I mean I can understand if the guy pays the refs under the table or something or has inside information but it shouldn't have an affect on the outcome of the game. Wasn't there some guy who bet big on the Falcons in SB51?

Part of me always suspects that a lot of massive sports bets are just money laundering.

Probably just pocket change for this guy.
Obviously a billionaire.
That's like one of us *ahem* regular folk throwin' down a couple g's on the Pats.

I give him kudos for making a money line bet. More conviction than taking points.

Regards,
Chris

I don’t understand. How is a bettor going to affect the outcome of this game?

It doesn’t. It suggests someone is that confident in the game.

The sharps spent the opening days betting the Pats. The general public is who dumps money into it at the end.

If I were to throw down a mil or 2 on the pats straight up would it make some of you superstitious folks feel better?

Lol...no I think people misunderstand why I say this hurts my mojo. Heavy betting against the Pats, especially from the sharps on 42, 46, and 52. Of course it won’t effect the outcome or the game and doesn’t mean there is anything like a guarantee. It’s just the person who - thus far - has been willing to put out the biggest bet, is picking the Rams. And I’m guessing a bet like this is pretty damn scrutinized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe