PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best and Worst Free Agent Signing, Drafting last 3 years?

Easywolf32

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Just some on top of my head..

Best...Judon, Peppers, Bourne, Henry, Gesicki

Worst...JuJu, Parker, Ty Montgomery (For what exactly?), Lowe

Weird...Elliott,

Dumb to let go...Thuney, Meyers, Mason

Dumb draftin...Tyquan Thornton, Zappe

Good Drafting...Mac, Barmore, Rhamondre, Gonzo, White, Onmenu, Douglas, Baringer, Boutte and Mapu (Time will tell on these 2)

Need: 2 OT's min, stud LB, 1 Stud Slot WR, 1 Great WR, 1 DL

Last edited:
Just some on top of my head..

Best...Peppers, Bourne, Henry, Gesicki, Judon

Worst...JuJu, Parker, Ty Montgomery (For what exactly?), Lowe, Jonnu (sucked here but playing well in ATL), Agholor (sucked here but playing well in BAL)

Weird...Elliott,

Dumb to let go...Thuney, Meyers, Mason

Dumb draftin...Tyquan Thornton, Zappe, Strange

Good Drafting...Mac, Barmore, Rhamondre, Gonzo, White, Onmenu, Douglas, Baringer

Best FA signing: Judon by a mile
Worst FA signing: Juju is giving Agholor some competition here

Best draft pick: Mac and Gonzo were no brainer picks at the time so I won't count them. I'll go with Onwenu. Wish Barmore could stay healthy.
Worst draft pick: Rohrwasser. Also Asiasi and Keene in the 3rd round 2020. Just lol

Picking Strange the player was fine but not in the first round.

Last edited:
You forgot three key mis-steps -- nelson agholor , Jonnu and getting Wynn on 5th year tender .

Last 3 years takes away 2019 which was probably the worst botch job in the franchise history.

And strange drafting in first round also looks bad.. marte mapu time will tell.

All the innumerous late round tackles taken in 2022 and 2023 stand out as poor drafting . That at least is okay because after round 3 it's a crapshoot. But we just haven't hit a single guy via draft yet after Onwenu in the later rounds.

And 2020 tight ends - both whiffed with zero contribution.

The parker trade I thought was ok last year. Got him for almost nothing and he actually did well when he was healthy last year. I woulda been ok going into this season paying him 6m one more year, I didn’t know he was going to regress this poorly. Extending him was dumb AF at his age!! I still don’t know what bb was thinking. I can forgive a poorly calculated signing or draft pick now and then but this will piss me off for a long time.

The jonnu signing too was hard to understand. Even at his best case scenario of production here i cant get myself to justify that contract especially the length and the guarantees that we are still paying.

Best FA signing: Judon by a mile
Worst FA signing: Juju is giving Agholor some competition here

Best draft pick: Mac and Gonzo were no brainer picks at the time so I won't count them. I'll go with Onwenu. Wish Barmore could stay healthy.
Worst draft pick: Rohrwasser. Also Asiasi and Keene in the 3rd round 2020. Just lol

Picking Strange the player was fine but not in the first round.
It's telling. All the media talking heads sports radio host ect. Ect. All were right for once about this team and them not being good this season. The championship era patriots teams relished off of negativity. This team here seems like a bunch of independent contractors.

One "low"light that has not been mentioned around, but it's just constantly on my mind:

Did we really draft not one but TWO running backs last year only to get rid of them 1 year later?

uff

yes, yes, 4th and 6th round picks, whatever, but still...STILL

Worst Free Agents: @PatsFan2 and @Triumph

Both should be put on wavers. We were fleeced by the Jets.
I'd say the worst free agent/poster here was a racist Tebow loving troll that came over with the Tebow wave and joined the board the same time I did 10 years ago. AmericanChampion or something like that. Had the same schtick on the ESPN forums where I was before those closed. I posted a heads up about him and then he called me a liberal and accused me of defamation and threatened me lmaoooo. Made some racist comments cause he couldn't help himself and didn't last much longer after that before Ian banned him. Shocker.

Best FA: Judon.

Worst FA: Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry. They had no business making the most money for TE's in the NFL at the time. Agholor was a strong contender.

Best draft pick: Onwenu.

Worst Draft pick: As @sb1 mentioned, Rorhwasser was beyond stupid. But Cole Strange has to be top worst pick. Bill trades down in the 1st round to take a light in the ass G with the pick.

Best personnel decision: Signing Judon to a bargain deal.

Worst personnel decision: Letting Thuney walk then uses a 1st round pick to try to replace him. JC Jackson was another strong contender. Played well within the scheme, but Bill eventually used a 1st round pick to replace him. Now he's back as damaged goods. Bill is fixing things that weren't broken.

Last edited:
Since 2020, the list of ****-Ups by Little Billy Notgoat, with Little Nicky Cesar & then Al Groh's kid, at both free agency & the draft is simply too long to mention; in some ways one year being even worse than the previous one.

#FireTheGroceryShopperNow

#AndAlGroh'sKidToo

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back