PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bernard Pollard played in the Super Bowl with 6 cracked ribs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it's because of macho posters being impressed with Pollard's latest display of SUPER-machismo.

Altho, there are broken ribs, and there are broken ribs... i entered a hosp a few years ago for some xrays for a non-injury situation, and soon found out that I had 3 broken ribs. I had no idea about them at all, and when asked what the treatment would be, was just given my discharge with no instructions whatsoever (the assumption being they wd heal on their own) Go figure!!
Can you rush the passer?

Sorry, no disrespect to Pollard and/or his toughness, but without actual medical confirmation, I'm doubting this one.

Well I'm throwing the flag and calling bull**** on this report. If anyone reads the article they will see he was out 3 weeks with cracked ribs. I have no doubt that he had cracked ribs 3 weeks before the season ended.

Now I've had cracked ribs several times in my life. It takes a week or two at the most for them to heal. If he had them 3 weeks before the season ended then they should have healed well before the playoffs.

So my take is that he played the SB with 6 formally cracked ribs which should have had no effect on him. The report did not say that he cracked any of the ribs during the game.

According to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun, Pollard initially suffered the injury in the Ravens Week 2 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles and aggravated the injury in Week 14 against the Washington Redskins. The latter caused him to miss the Ravens final three games of the regular season before returning for the playoffs.

Broken ribs take a while longer to heal but the report does not say fractured.

Last edited:
i loved him ever since he was a chief, and i hate the chiefs

he's nowhere close to the good cover safeties in the nfl, but he's a play maker, always has been, ever since blocking punts against my chargers
Funny, but I've hated him since he was a Chief, and I love the Chiefs.

I hate Pollard. But still I'd be all in for signing him. Hell, at least that way he wouldn't keep injuring Patriots players. Well, I suppose so.

Im not throwing Tommy under the bus. I'm merely making fun of some of the posters on here. The play where Tom got hurt, was an example of two guys playing hard. Injuries happen. I've never blamed Pollard for that injury.

QFT.

I've never seen Pollard hit a player cheap or after the whistle. He just hits people really hard.

QFT.

I've never seen Pollard hit a player cheap or after the whistle. He just hits people really hard.
Gronk and his twisted ankle beg to differ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes