PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bennett Situation A Bit Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather keep Hollister as TE3.

If our TE's cannot Block they are pretty Useless...Pats kept a one dimensional Dwayne Allen for that very reason. I would Invest in M. Bennett for a year and Draft a couple of young Developmental guys.

Maybe. But, in terms of "currently under contract" options ...

Allen (27) caught 126/199 (63%) for 1451 yards (11.5 YPC) and 19 TDs during his five seasons in Indy. Even though he's shown next to nothing with the Pats so far doesn't mean that he never will. And we already know that he's a great blocker.

Wille Tye (26) has caught 94 of 138 (68%) for 897 yards (9.5 YPC) during his 2 seasons with the Giants (and a partial 2017 with the Jets). Don't know about his blocking, though.

Jake Hollister (24) is very athletic for a TE, has now established himself as a very good special-teamer, and could still develop.

I think when Gronk goes (sooner or later) the prominence of the TE role in the passing offense goes with him, at least for a couple-three years. I really don't see the Pats merely subbing-in a considerably "lesser version" of Gronk and trying to do the same things as they did with Gronk.

I hope the Patriots are planning on moving on from those ^ scrubs...there is nothing here to see.:rolleyes:

If our TE's cannot Block they are pretty Useless...Pats kept a one dimensional Dwayne Allen for that very reason. I would Invest in M. Bennett for a year and Draft a couple of young Developmental guys.

You are aware that Hollister is pretty much what you get from you developmental guys if you are lucky.. right ? He has been a success for where he came from and the role that was anticipated (emergency catching TE, ST player) from his rookie year.

I honestly think some people around here think that capable TEs are just something you can get in the draft. Which is ridiculous.

Another layer of context for the Dwayne Allen contract discussion

And that is a guy whose only substantial contribution so far was the throw to Foles on that trick play.

Another layer of context for the Dwayne Allen contract discussion

And that is a guy whose only substantial contribution so far was the throw to Foles on that trick play.

Yup

How much would a team be willing to pay Bennet or Allan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents