PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bengals resting starters

Thats a major development for us. Im not sure who I prefer but playing cincy may keep us off Monday night?

That is terrible for the Pats. We don't match up at all with their offense.

Plus, Mixon is already ruled out with COVID. For the Browns, Baker is out for surgery.

So I guess it will come down to who has the better practice squad.

That is terrible for the Pats. We don't match up at all with their offense.
On the other hand, taking your foot off the gas often comes with a hangover effect in the following playoff game. I mean, it makes sense to rest someone with a minor injury. Resting someone who is healthy just to assure that he stays healthy often backfires, though.

On the other hand, taking your foot off the gas often comes with a hangover effect in the following playoff game. I mean, it makes sense to rest someone with a minor injury. Resting someone who is healthy just to assure that he stays healthy often backfires, though.
Sure but I would have much rathered the Bills with Allen most likely throwing us a couple of picks. Burrow is just like Brady.

I wonder if this has more to do with him limping at the end of the game on Sunday that getting him rested for the playoffs. Maybe the rest is actually a necessity instead of a luxury.

I wonder if this has more to do with him limping at the end of the game on Sunday that getting him rested for the playoffs. Maybe the rest is actually a necessity instead of a luxury.
Was just going to say his knee is something to watch. He said it's sore but he could play on it.

After looking at the snap numbers last week against Jax, it seemed as though they were giving some of their stalwarts time off, particularly on D..

Resting players has a negative impact much more often than a positive one.
Football is unique and taking a week off of football often gets you out of sync. I don’t think it’s the game as much as it is the preparation. Players that play a half seem
to be less impacted because they prepare the whole week then just sit out part of the game.

Burrow is legitimately banged up.

Sure but I would have much rathered the Bills with Allen most likely throwing us a couple of picks. Burrow is just like Brady.
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

This is a bad move as their seeding is not locked up. This happened to New England in 2005 taking out their starters week 17 and giving up their #3 seed in their loss to the Dolphins.

Even though it's a meaningless game for CLE, I think they'll be more motivated to end with a win, jobs/careers may depend on it.

CIN has no motivation to win, other than pride, and maybe a somewhat better future match up.

Now if the NFL didn't expand the playoffs they could be playing for a bye, no?

Burrow is hurt.
Bengals say hes fine. Nonetheless i'm ok resting him if he needs it.

Resting starters on a veteran team makes sense.

Resting starters of a young team does not.

Not gonna matter we're gonna play at Buffalo wildcard weekend. Destiny.

Reactions: sb1

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back