PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bengals release Lavernues Coles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intersting that no one else has commented on this. I think that Coles could be a fit for the wideout position opposite Moss as long as he passes a physical.

And I expect that he wouldn't be that expensive.

Coles would take the place of Sam Aiken's role as a #4 receiver behind Edelman who should be the #3 and hopefully we find a solid temporary replacement for Welker at #2

Coles would take the place of Sam Aiken's role as a #4 receiver behind Edelman who should be the #3 and hopefully we find a solid temporary replacement for Welker at #2

Coles is all done. He lost his starting job to Andre Caldwell last season.

I was surprised they signed him in the first place he is washed up in my opinion. I suppose we could sign him for a cheap one year contract and see if he can contribute but I don't think he is anything more than a #3 or #4 receiver at best which are positions we already have filled..

Last edited:
Intersting that no one else has commented on this. I think that Coles could be a fit for the wideout position opposite Moss as long as he passes a physical.

That's true.

But we already signed David Patten :confused2:

Coles is all done. He lost his starting job to Andre Caldwell last season.

Anyone is Better than Aiken......Troy Brown would be better than him right now.

Edelman will be the one replacing Welker for the time being.

I like Kevin Walter as the best option, personally. Unless the Cardinals mess up and only tender Breaston as a 2nd rounder. Then I say steal him from them *GRIN*.

Boldin is an option and the Pats could get 3-4 good years out of him. But, he's not worth 9 or 10 million right now. Maybe 6 or 7.

I'll be honest. I wouldn't mind seeing the Pats part ways with Aiken. But that is just me.

I'd rather give the spot to a Special Teams LB than waste it on a WR who can only run 1 route and who has issues catching a perfectly thrown ball.

Absolutely no on Coles. I still am a big Antonio Bryant fan, he would be my top choice.

I also like Breaston or Boldin if the situation presents its self. Those guys are definitely worth draft picks.

I'll be honest. I wouldn't mind seeing the Pats part ways with Aiken. But that is just me.

I'd rather give the spot to a Special Teams LB than waste it on a WR who can only run 1 route and who has issues catching a perfectly thrown ball.

I dont think anyone would care much either, but this guy is a great special teamer. If he doesnt have a role as a WR, he is still a guy that could play a big role on special teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes