PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bengals FA RB Rex Burkhead at Gillette Stadium visiting Patriots 3/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Burkhead..

I want Burkhead..

Not on offense. Bolden is the Chuck Knobloch of the NFL. Fumbles, drops passes and couldnt run through a lane if Moses parted it for him

Did anyone watch the Patriots ST play especially in the playoffs? Constantly pinning good teams within the 20. My guess is BB see's the value and Bolden is back.

His highlight films from last year are impressive. Runs inside and outside, hit the hole quick, gets through small holes and cuts well at speed. Finished runs well. Looked like a RB who was determined to show out after being essentially overlooked.

Did anyone watch the Patriots ST play especially in the playoffs? Constantly pinning good teams within the 20. My guess is BB see's the value and Bolden is back.
No one should question his ST value. That's not debatable.

Why wouldn't we want one of the best ST players on the team on the field?
I want him on the field on special teams where he's been consistently excellent and contributed the 4th highest snaps per game available. On offense playing RB for significant snaps in a contested game? Not so much, nowadays.

Even though he didn't burn up the turf, in his first two years, 2012 & 2013, he actually contributed quite a bit as the #4RB:
111/545 and 5 TDs rushing, + 23 of 31 receiving for 163 yard. And zero fumbles.

Since then, he's not really been involve much in the offense, probably not even in practice. And that kinda showed up when he had to take over as the #2 RB in the letter half of 2015 (probably why a lot of fans dislike him).

IOW, if you see Bolden in at RB with the offense it can only mean that the rest of the RB corps has serious issues.

Not on offense. Bolden is the Chuck Knobloch of the NFL. Fumbles, drops passes and couldnt run through a lane if Moses parted it for him

Knoblauch - 12 years in the bigs / 4 time All-Star / career batting average .289 / 98 homers / 615 RBI / stole 25 bases 10 of his 12 seasons / total steals 407 . Just sayin.

Knoblauch - 12 years in the bigs / 4 time All-Star / career batting average .289 / 98 homers / 615 RBI / stole 25 bases 10 of his 12 seasons / total steals 407 . Just sayin.

Sorry.

The dude forgot how to throw to 1st base. Just like Bolden forgot how to play offense

I would be okay with 3 years, 6-7 million, 4 guaranteed. Split the Guaranteed between this year and next, 2 million each season.

Throw in a performance bonus if he can replicate what blount did and break a 1000 yards

That would be a lot for and RB on this team. I don't think that the entire Pats RB corps had made much more than that combined over the past 3 years.

Is he a 24/7 -round the clock worker? Blue collar-type, bring his hard hat everyday?

Cuz you know hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard......
He's a real meat and potatoes type of guy. And would look good in a Gronk/JE/Dola team shot all wearing "CRUSH EVERYTHING" tshirts. Hide your daughters.

Never heard of him of course but essential to the 2017 cause and a must sign IMO.

I've never seen so many meaningless cliched euphemisms in one post in my life.
You either are in the "know"..or have never listened to Gruden or Kiper discuss any white position player ever in the history of the NFL draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
Back