PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Ben Coates was basically Gronk before Gronk."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a trip to hear from the younger generation who didn't see Coats. He was an absolute stud and Drew Bledsoe's favorite target on 3rd and long which was pretty much every third down during Bledsoe's tenure. That's not a dis on Bledsoe, he made a lot of great throws on 3rd down. If there was a youtube of every Bledsoe to Coates completion in double or triple coverage over the middle it would probably be 3 hours long.

Brady depends on Edelman, White and Gronk as go-to's on 3rd down.

Bledsoe counted on Coates, Coates and Coates.

Listen to BB talk about Bavaro. He won't say which he thinks is better, but it's clear that he's got Bavaro up there in the Gronk area of the stratosphere.

If you can find his interview with WEEI from this week, you might find that part worth the listen.

I agree. I thought for a few years, Bavaro was the best all-around tight end I'd ever seen- until Gronk.
Bavaro was like the Bo Jackson of tes. All-out, played with ferocity, but injuries cut him short.
And yes, I saw Ditka, Winslow,Newsome,etc.

Coates was a heckuva player but not in the same class as Gronk. Not even close.

I loved Coates. He was Bledsoe's security blanket, the two of them had great chemistry and with Terry Glenn they had a lot of talent.
I also remember really liking Vincent Brisby !

Wish we had him playing this weekend.

Brady depends on Edelman, White and Gronk as go-to's on 3rd down.

Bledsoe counted on Coates, Coates and Coates.
That's an indictment on Bledsoe as well as one on the talent around him.

Is it me or does he look bigger than Gronk with the bigger pads.

I miss the bigger pads sometimes

Listen to BB talk about Bavaro. He won't say which he thinks is better, but it's clear that he's got Bavaro up there in the Gronk area of the stratosphere.

If you can find his interview with WEEI from this week, you might find that part worth the listen.
He has always said that Bavaro should be in the Hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back