PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

belichicks new team building approach

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will never solve race relations while playing race and identity politics. The situation is not sustainable
Which is exactly what happened here A potentially nice thread turned into some crazy racial thread by some lunatic with an agenda.

Which is exactly what happened here A potentially nice thread turned into some crazy racial thread by some lunatic with an agenda.

He simply made a statement about his personal preferences and views. Others here could have simply said to themselves, "Huh, that's interesting, hadn't thought of it that way before" but instead argued with it. That's where the thread went off the tracks. And, that's one reason why minorities often don't say anything in situations where the majority is the majority, because their views can't be allowed to stand without challenge. And then they get blamed for disturbing the peace (or "turning a thread into some crazy...") which is nothing more than having views which make the majority uncomfortable.

We're about to have a conversation on race relations featuring the input of predominantly middle-aged or older white dudes, I'm sure this will be the key thread to solving racism in America.

I'm calling the cops on you for reverse racism

"Please" doesn't change reality. Black men and women use the term "Black" to refer to themselves all the time in America. I'm reading a book right now called "Why are all the black kids sitting together in the cafeteria" and the author - a black scholar - makes the point that "Black" is a totally acceptable reference to African-Americans, even though their skin really isn't "black" - just like "White" is a totally acceptable reference to Caucasians, even though their skin isn't "white".

So I don't know where you're getting your ideas from. Not by being in the company of blacks or by reading scholarship by black authors.

You've completely missed the point and are now arguing a strawman-- pay attention to what you quoted next time: I stated that mainly White people use the term "blacks," not "Black". The difference is what I am arguing.

This pretty much negates your entire premise and purpose in this conversation...

In the future, you'd do well to actually read and comprehend what people are saying instead of rushing to the reply button and preserving your ignorance for future generations to see on the internet.

Appreciate the read but I really hate when people refer to Black people as “blacks”.

The word black is an adjective, meant to describe something. You wouldn’t call people the “talls” or the “strongs”. This term is not only offensive, it’s grammatically incorrect.
Including crucial, important educational information in Pats threads is informative and gratifying.

From the 50's, the WWII generation refers to "them" [not us] as "the blacks".

Because, blacks are NOT people. We're not allowed to mention politics, so I will just point out that a certain cult with the logo of an elephant treats "them" as something that begins with the letter "N".

Tom Brokaw's "Greatest Generation" ["Greatest Racist Generation"] has veterans who fought for their traitorous little racist selves. IF they had fought for us, Americans, then they would be the first to raise a gloved fist at each and every performance of our national anthem, in protest of the treatment of fellow American citizens who just happened to be born with skin a darker color than theirs.

Including crucial, important educational information in Pats threads is informative and gratifying.

From the 50's, the WWII generation refers to "them" [not us] as "the blacks".

Because, blacks are NOT people. We're not allowed to mention politics, so I will just point out that a certain cult with the logo of an elephant treats "them" as something that begins with the letter "N".

Tom Brokaw's "Greatest Generation" ["Greatest Racist Generation"] has veterans who fought for their traitorous little racist selves. IF they had fought for us, Americans, then they would be the first to raise a gloved fist at each and every performance of our national anthem, in protest of the treatment of fellow American citizens who just happened to be born with skin a darker color than theirs.

So now my Dad is a racist because he fought in WW2? I’m sure him and his best friend, who was black, and who are both dead now, would be thrilled to be enlightened by such a great human being as yourself. All those times when they both stood with their hands on their hearts, little did they know what horrible human beings they were.

No, it cannot be used as a noun to refer to people.

What IS a black? Answer this question and I will concede the point.

I think color descriptors are dumb in the first place— I’ve felt this way ever since I was 11 years old and found out people are “different”. I made a poem about it back then, for a writing contest that I won. Firstly, I’m half Asian so the description doesn’t fit in the first place, but I’m not “Black”, I’m brown. But I digress, I’ve accepted the term Black American/person, begrudgingly. I also ask other Black people not to refer to White people as “whites”. Blacks and Whites creates an ‘us vs them’ dichotomy when speaking, denoting otherness, or even worse, opposite-ness.

However, it’s almost always White people that use the term “blacks” and this term (plural, Black) derives from Blackie or Blackies, which is a racist term.

And here it is ... one of the worst traits in our society ... I'm offended! Wahhh! Did I take the time to try to assess whether or not it was intentional, or even intended? No - that requires thought. I'll just assume the worst.

And here it is ... one of the worst traits in our society ... I'm offended! Wahhh! Did I take the time to try to assess whether or not it was intentional, or even intended? No - that requires thought. I'll just assume the worst.

You've oversimplified my original statement in the thread, and that may as well be a strawman argument.

Put simply, I stated an opinion. That's what a forum is for, or did you think only one kind of opinion exists, being in the echo chamber that is this forum? You are aware that you're stating your opinion as well, with the ironic bit being that you're 'Wahhh'ing' to my (perceived) Wahhh. Further, you criticize me for "not taking the time to try to assess whether or not it was intentional" except you didn't give me that same credence of taking the time or try to assess whether or not my stance has any merit.

I would actually argue that the worst trait in our society is what you've eloquently demonstrated in less than a paragraph-- the failure of people to understand anything critically. Did I actually state "I'm offended"? I think I used the term offensive in an educational sense, that something can be offensive. I'm certain that the person that I was speaking to (hint: it wasn't you) understood that I was asking him to think critically about what that term means. I'm also certain that if he used the N-word (hard R) and I asked him to think critically about why using that term is a bad idea, there'd be no problem...or maybe there would be, considering the responses to my statements in this thread. Consider that we are all football fans, and like it or not, there's a certain respect you must have for Black/African origin people (otherwise this sport would fall flat on its face).

I realize that I'm one of the few (half) Black people that patronize this forum, and that New England as a whole is less than friendly to people like myself. I don't usually bring this kind of thing up-- actually, check my post history on any platform (I'm something of a big YouTuber, just Google my name): I never talk about this stuff, because by and large, racism is not something I believe I face enough to talk about. I know that wasn't the intention of the person who used that term-- I simply shared an opinion with him about the usage of the term "blacks"-- the proof is that I explained my position without pointing fingers or calling anyone racist. Your reaction is the one that is comically over the top. What, Black people can't express an opinion on how they feel about the way they're called on this forum? But you can express yours though, right?

Hmm...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back