PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

belichicks new team building approach

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt this goes back to Bennett.
The team's "Character Coach"????

I worked with a guy that was a running back in college.
He said college sucked compared to high school.
All the different positions practiced and hung out separately.
He said the running backs had their own little group and meetings.
He said high school was much more of a group and team.

He hated it and quit the team.
You can put that entirely on the coach.
How does a douche bag like that get a high paying coaching job?
How can a team like that gel and play as a unit?

Christian Fauria said when he came to the Patriots from Seattle he very was impressed with how the Pats hung out across racial lines.
He said Seattle hung out in segregated groups ie the blacks with the blacks, whites with whites, etc.
He said Mike Vrabel was walking past some black players who were playing dominoes and he yelled "Slap it MF'er!!' like it was no big deal.

The allegations that Bellichick likes and favors white players is just plane horseshit.
As Jim Brown said he does more for black folk than most black coaches...like visiting blacks in prison.
Something that he does on the down low with no grandstanding or attempted recognition.

That's what I love about this team.
It's cool that they win so much, but that's only a part of it.
Winning is a byproduct of doing things so well from top to bottom.
This "character coaching" approach is just another example of how they are light years ahead of the other teams.

This is a level of detail and advancement other coaches and teams will never get to.

Last edited:
Big fan of that read. I do some teaching at an NPO, manage writers and more. Team building is my favorite thing in the world, and whole I've never doubted Belichick's leadership, it makes me happy to see him still implementing new ideas. Especially something that focused on character and team building. A lot of people would ignore that.

Now if only I could get the company I work for onboard with creating a similar environment, damnit.

This is something we can relate to in our own daily lives.
We may never play sports at a high level, but we can see how weird and "clicky" work can get if groups get too segregated.

I work on the oilfield on a 2 week on, 2 week off schedule.
Every now and then it helps for there to be some crossover in shifts to eliminate "shiftitis".
We're all cool folks just trying to make a living.

Appreciate the read but I really hate when people refer to Black people as “blacks”.

The word black is an adjective, meant to describe something. You wouldn’t call people the “talls” or the “strongs”. This term is not only offensive, it’s grammatically incorrect.

Appreciate the read but I really hate when people refer to Black people as “blacks”.

The word black is an adjective, meant to describe something. You wouldn’t call people the “talls” or the “strongs”. This term is not only offensive, it’s grammatically incorrect.

The word "black" can be used as an adjective, noun, or verb

Team building has been around for years it gets forgotten sometimes in sports especially professional sports while it's a team the players are about the money for them for the most part. IMO

Duly noted.
You're not offended I said "whites"?

The word "black" can be used as an adjective, noun, or verb

No, it cannot be used as a noun to refer to people.

What IS a black? Answer this question and I will concede the point.

Duly noted.
You're not offended I said "whites"?

I think color descriptors are dumb in the first place— I’ve felt this way ever since I was 11 years old and found out people are “different”. I made a poem about it back then, for a writing contest that I won. Firstly, I’m half Asian so the description doesn’t fit in the first place, but I’m not “Black”, I’m brown. But I digress, I’ve accepted the term Black American/person, begrudgingly. I also ask other Black people not to refer to White people as “whites”. Blacks and Whites creates an ‘us vs them’ dichotomy when speaking, denoting otherness, or even worse, opposite-ness.

However, it’s almost always White people that use the term “blacks” and this term (plural, Black) derives from Blackie or Blackies, which is a racist term.

However, it’s almost always White people that use the term “blacks” and this term (plural, Black) derives from Blackie or Blackies, which is a racist term.

That is simply not true.

No, it cannot be used as a noun to refer to people.

What IS a black? Answer this question and I will concede the point.

I think color descriptors are dumb in the first place— I’ve felt this way ever since I was 11 years old and found out people are “different”. I made a poem about it back then, for a writing contest that I won. Firstly, I’m half Asian so the description doesn’t fit in the first place, but I’m not “Black”, I’m brown. But I digress, I’ve accepted the term Black American/person, begrudgingly. I also ask other Black people not to refer to White people as “whites”. Blacks and Whites creates an ‘us vs them’ dichotomy when speaking, denoting otherness, or even worse, opposite-ness.

God please make it stop. Wow.

We're about to have a conversation on race relations featuring the input of predominantly middle-aged or older white dudes, I'm sure this will be the key thread to solving racism in America.

We're about to have a conversation on race relations featuring the input of predominantly middle-aged or older white dudes, I'm sure this will be the key thread to solving racism in America.

I know because a predominantly middle aged or older white dude's opinions are crusty, old and therefore have no value.

God please make it stop. Wow.

Exactly. Lol he proved your point in one fell swoop Fnord and that’s not easy to do.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
This effort is impressive, along with not putting names on the back of jerseys during TC.. have to know and remember another team members name... no cue cards.

"Please" doesn't change reality. Black men and women use the term "Black" to refer to themselves all the time in America. I'm reading a book right now called "Why are all the black kids sitting together in the cafeteria" and the author - a black scholar - makes the point that "Black" is a totally acceptable reference to African-Americans, even though their skin really isn't "black" - just like "White" is a totally acceptable reference to Caucasians, even though their skin isn't "white".

So I don't know where you're getting your ideas from. Not by being in the company of blacks or by reading scholarship by black authors.

I thought you liked older white guys?

We will never solve race relations while playing race and identity politics. The situation is not sustainable

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes