PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick's Comments on Adalius Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure. You do an admirable job yourself trying to eat the cake and have the bakery too. Good try! :D

Let's drop it and enjoy the W. :)

Should be interesting to see how the AT situation plays out. Maybe BB manages to spark him with this insult and he becomes a monster. yeah right...:rolleyes:

:eat3:.........

Perhaps BB asked for volunteers to sit to get Jr on the field? If AT is nicked at all why not sit the vet for 2 weeks then the bye? He is a older vet, BB is known to rotate those guys getting them rest. Point is, we may never know.

Count me in as someone that is worried.
Worried because of the way the defense couldn't stop the Titans from scoring? :D

I think we did okay without him today.

AD will be okay as soon as he gets his crap together. BB is like a parent. Just because you give your kid a timeout doesn't mean you intend to put they tyke up for adoption.

Deion Sanders on NFLN said he spoke to AD about that.Said he is upset about that.The murmured that he doesnt want to get into trouble for saying something but "he is going to work it out with his coach" and he will be back.

FWIW

And it is on your very board Ian that we brought up earlier this week that AD is not playing well right now . . . apparently folks who know a lot more about football agree with us.

I think deactivating AD, and sitting Bodden and Springs were by design.

QB12

It never ceases to amaze when "elders/experts" on this board continue to call out the "knee jerk/know nothings" (kudos: QB12, klinefan, crowell33, PatsBoy12, bbell31) for making suggestions (ie. the play of Thomas, the play of the wide receivers just prior to the wide receiver revolution, the sub par play of Hobbs just before he was jettisoned....) which turn out to be valid. When will everyone learn that no one's opinion here really holds more value than anyone's elses and that a thousand (or ten thousand) posts only leaves you as ignorant as the next guy. Hopefully this will serve to motivate Thomas, but clearly Belichick is unhappy with Thomas' play. The "real" expert has once again spoken.

Last edited:
I dunno, given the problems he's had integrating high-caliber free agent linebacker talent and his success developing drafted linebackers...why hasn't he taken MORE early round LBs in previous drafts?

Maybe it'll happen in this year's draft now that ADT's earned his way onto the bench (in BB's eyes, of course)?

Perhaps BB asked for volunteers to sit to get Jr on the field? If AT is nicked at all why not sit the vet for 2 weeks then the bye? He is a older vet, BB is known to rotate those guys getting them rest. Point is, we may never know.

Jeffbiologist, and please do no take this personally, if you are not in politics you might look to that line of work. We do know the following: In week 6 of the NFL you do not give a player a game off just to give him a game off. It simply is not done. If he has a nagging injury but could play? Then it is possible. Also, if and when we have the division and conference locked up and victories are competitively meaningless, maybe a player plays only a quarter (again if he is working through a nagging injury then he likely gets the game off).
The "we may never know" is unfounded. Short of an injury or family emergency (both of which seemed not to be the case), AT is inactive because BB and his staff think his positive contributions toward victory are less than others. We all should know by now that BB operates unemotionally/like a machine when it comes to such decisions. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Deion Sanders on NFLN said he spoke to AD about that.Said he is upset about that.The murmured that he doesnt want to get into trouble for saying something but "he is going to work it out with his coach" and he will be back.

FWIW
I just saw that segment in the replay, bummer for the Pats, but that's why Bill gets the big bucks.

It never ceases to amaze when "elders/experts" on this board continue to call out the "knee jerk/know nothings" (kudos: QB12, klinefan, crowell33, PatsBoy12, bbell31) for making suggestions (ie. the play of Thomas, the play of the wide receivers just prior to the wide receiver revolution, the sub par play of Hobbs just before he was jettisoned....) which turn out to be valid. When will everyone learn that no one's opinion here really holds more value than anyone's elses and that a thousand (or ten thousand) posts only leaves you as ignorant as the next guy. Hopefully this will serve to motivate Thomas, but clearly Belichick is unhappy with Thomas' play. The "real" expert has once again spoken.

you wait until 3:30 a.m. on Monday morning to sneak in here and blow your own horn..when you don't have to answer for the hundreds of scary mary,chicken little posts you've made all season? Anything to say in a positive vein about FIFTY NINE TO NOTHING , or does that not matter, only YOUR "real expert" crybaby blatherings?There's a team in green 200 miles south that needs all the arrogant ,know-it-all poser fans it can handle...perfect for a egotistical,gutless wonder like you.

you wait until 3:30 a.m. on Monday morning to sneak in here and blow your own horn..when you don't have to answer for the hundreds of scary mary,chicken little posts you've made all season? Anything to say in a positive vein about FIFTY NINE TO NOTHING , or does that not matter, only YOUR "real expert" crybaby blatherings?There's a team in green 200 miles south that needs all the arrogant ,know-it-all poser fans it can handle...perfect for a egotistical,gutless wonder like you.
Your post count indicates you're just another ignorant fanboy - you have no standing to call out a "knee jerk/know nothing." :rofl: I love hit and run whiners.

Your post count indicates you're just another ignorant fanboy - you have no standing to call out a "knee jerk/know nothing." :rofl: I love hit and run whiners.

He's logged in, so im still waiting for his reply to Joker. Should be fun to watch :D

He's logged in, so im still waiting for his reply to Joker. Should be fun to watch :D
He's probably concerned Joker will counter with posts in Latin and mess him up badly.
th_coffee.gif

Blow my own horn? Now that's funny. Listen, clown, you're the gutless, POS that is calling someone out over the internet safe behind your locked door, with you pants around your ankles. Anytime you want to meet, let me know. I made an observation ahole, I didn't toot my own horn. I extended kudos to those who were belittled JO. Now go ahead, as Box has warned, use your extensive knowledge of all things Greek to attack me.

Last edited:
Hey Box, go get a teacher. I think Joker was challenged to a fight after schools out. Nothing like a good playground brawl :D

Hey Box, go get a teacher. I think Joker was challenged to a fight after schools out. Nothing like a good playground brawl :D

What are you talking about? I never challenged him, I was going to send my wife.

This was posted in the response section of a blog about AD on PFT...

"I heard he was benched because he wouldn't drop his protest of Ed Johnson being released because he wouldn't drop his grievance against the Colts even though there's no evidence for any of it. And no, I won't reveal my source unless Florio reveals his source!"

Maybe BB is just sick of opinionated player reps...Vrabel gone, AD benched. We will never know I guess.
My theory: Funny how this benching coincides with the return of Seau. Clearly BB felt a need to bolster the midsection of the LB corps. I see it more as filling a leadership void. AD may have become a lockerroom lawyer voicing his displeasure with Seau's arrival... and BB just let him know it will not be tolerated. Consider AD's choice of words with Deion Sanders on NFLN ...

said he spoke to AD about that.Said he is upset about that.Then murmured that he doesnt want to get into trouble for saying something but "he is going to work it out with his coach" and he will be back.

Sounds like attitude issues.

Last edited:

"I heard he was benched because he wouldn't drop his protest of Ed Johnson being released because he wouldn't drop his grievance against the Colts even though there's no evidence for any of it. And no, I won't reveal my source unless Florio reveals his source!"

Maybe BB is just sick of opinionated player reps...Vrabel gone, AD benched. We will never know I guess.
Interesting, but I'm puzzled as to why a NE player would even be linked to a dispute between Indy and a former player?

Nice find. AD will probably sit down with BB, and hash it out. I doubt he's going anywhere.

What are you talking about? I never challenged him, I was going to send my wife.

you're going to send your left palm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick