PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick to Co-Host NFL Draft on the Pat McAfee Show

Kinda funny seeing Darius Butler sitting by him. Didn’t he get in Bill’s doghouse here? Guy kinda fell off the map here after his rookie year.
Didn’t he go on to have a decent career in Indy? I’m sure it’s water under the bridge, he was done a favor to leave NE.

Didn’t he go on to have a decent career in Indy? I’m sure it’s water under the bridge, he was done a favor to leave NE.
No he did, more just saying he fell off the map here.

Kinda funny seeing Darius Butler sitting by him. Didn’t he get in Bill’s doghouse here? Guy kinda fell off the map here after his rookie year.
He was having fun on Twitter with people who thought they were talking to Malcolm Butler after that interception :D

1714157296986.png

1714157316573.png
1714157344637.png

1714157379777.png

1714157397198.png

You and I will love all of those stories, but the average football fan under 30 years old. It doesn’t give a crap about Harry Carson, Mark Bavaro, or Kevin Falk.
You may be right. I loved all the old
Gil Brandt stories which were about players and football experiences before my time. Segregation barriers, players working jobs in the offseason. Scouting then vs now, how the combine started etc. I think there is a little history buff in a lot of these new fans.

You and I will love all of those stories, but the average football fan under 30 years old. It doesn’t give a crap about Harry Carson, Mark Bavaro, or Kevin Falk.
He can probably tell a story about every great player he's gone up against. I think he probably has a fairly endless amount of stories he could tell.

Going to be fun to here some of the stuff he gets into about playing against Manning when they have him on.

Have you ever heard him tell the story of Ed Reed making one of the best plays he's ever seen. I bet Ravens fans and football junkies loved it.

Anyone think Arthur Blank is having buyer’s remorse after giving Kirk Cousins 100M, they’re going to lose a draft pick for tampering, and then drafting Penix with the 8th overall pick?

Anyone think Arthur Blank is having buyer’s remorse after giving Kirk Cousins 100M, they’re going to lose a draft pick for tampering, and then drafting Penix with the 8th overall pick?
Not to mention he passed on Bill lol

What did Bill have to say about the selection?

What did Bill have to say about the selection?
He thought it was a reach in the fact that they could’ve traded back and acquired more if they really wanted Pennix. He wasn’t too negative about it and offered up that it’s not a bad thing to have two good QBs.

And he did go on to have a lengthy career elsewhere.

It was kind of funny, you could see the 22 year old kid in Darius Butler when talking to Belichick sometimes

People love stories about players they know and like. Most people don't care about players they don't know.

People love stories about players they know and like. Most people don't care about players they don't know.
Right, but I assume he won’t be telling these stories unprovoked. They’ll be talking about switching up coverage and he’ll go on to talk about the time he did it against the Bills. Do I care about the Bills from 49 years ago? No, but the conversation is still interesting in context.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back