PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick subpoenaed in divorce case

Status
Not open for further replies.
BelichickFan said:
There was a thread about this a few months ago, this is just new information.

A month ago it was just a "possibility".

It is now a "total fact" since he has been served!

Big difference IMHO.

MoLewisrocks said:

Actually, that describes the poster, the content of the thread and my reply.....

A distraction? Please. Most of the world didn't even know he was seperated from his wife until about 6 months after it happened and he had won Super Bowl XXXIX. If we had known before that the chicken littles would have been screaming "he's not going to be focused they're going to lose." His father died last year and I don't think it was a distraction. I seriously doubt telling his lawyer/accountant to get the necessary paperwork together and then possibly testifying, if he can't do it by video/or deposition, will distract him from game planning. He'll testify during the day and stay up all night if that's what it takes. Does anyone doubt this?

NEM said:
Thats very typical of certain people....however, this article , IMO, really doesnt belong in this forum. Just my humble opinion.

NEM,

Actually I read the article in the NY Post Monday, but refrained from posting due to the "sensitivity" of the subject matter to certain people. But when the Boston Herald published the article yeterday, I decided to post the links.

I also deliberated whether to put this in the "Football" or in one of the other forums. But I thought this event could have potential devastating impact on the team, which is why I posted the links in this forum.

flutie2phelan said:
If you don't like the message
just shoot the messenger.

That's a very good idea. Any volunteers?

DefenseRules said:
B I only have one question. What does this have to do with football discussions?

I wonder if this will become a distraction? I think BB is so amazingly disciplined that it won't be one for him, but I bet it's being talked about in the locker room. If the straight and narrow BB had an affair, it could expose his human side! Depending on how it plays out, it could affect how players feel about him one way or another. Also, the Pats have little tolerance for bad off-field behavior, and to the extent that story turns into a scandal, it could create all sorts of problems. That said, my suspicion is that the most interesting part of the story exists in the imagination, not in the facts.

I can't speak for any of the other mods, but much as I wish this story would go away, if something affects BB's day/schedule, etc. it has some type of effect on the team, be it training schedule, coach film study, etc. If BB had to make an emergency six hour trip to the hospital for his son's tonsilectomy, that would affect the team's preparation. When Izzo had to leave the team for a few days due to his father's death a couple of years ago, or Seymour with his grandfather's death, those were relevant threads. If BB has to take several hours during a game week to research, consult legally and give a depo, then that would be relevant to the team's preparation. Obviously, if it has to take place during a bye week, the relevance is far less.

Maybe the other mods feel differently, but in this case I have to reluctantly agree that the thread is relevant in this forum.

JMHO.

The judge granted the request a month ago. The Post waited until Sunday before the Jets game to print it. BB may have already testified for all we know.

Given BB's recent demeanor -- laughing & telling jokes at press conferences and interviews -- it really does seem like he's distracted.

Last edited:
Hoodie said:
The judge granted the request a month ago. The Post waited until Sunday before the Jets game to print it. BB may have already testified for all we know.

Given BB's recent demeanor -- laughing & telling jokes at press conferences and interviews -- it really does seem like he's distracted.

He could be whistling through the graveyard so to speak. But I agree with most of the posters on this board. To paraphrase the band Talk Talk, it's his life. ;)

If what BB is being accused of is true, he made a series of bad decisions. As long as he limits his bad decisions to his personal life and off the football field, I'm happy.

PATSNUTme said:
That's a very good idea. Any volunteers?

Maybe our "minutemen" could use the overtime!;)

Hoodie said:

Beat me to it. We are 2-0 and on WEEI Monday he sounded as relaxed as you will ever hear him. How many times does this man have to prove to us he is the master of compartmentalization? :rolleyes:

While I agree that Belichick's personal life should be left out of this discussion, this unfortunately does affect the Patriots. If Bob Kraft has a problem with all this, then we all have a problem. If Kraft's ideal is to have all his employees of high personal character, it doesn't look good if Belichick is immune from such scrutiny. Unfortunately, if more details about this become public, one might wonder what Kraft will do if it becomes something he simply cannot ignore.

What I hope for is for all this to be settled quietly and quickly, and that includes between Kraft and Belichick. The last thing we need is for this to drive a wedge between Kraft and Belichick.

Bob G

bobgeorge said:
While I agree that Belichick's personal life should be left out of this discussion, this unfortunately does affect the Patriots. If Bob Kraft has a problem with all this, then we all have a problem. If Kraft's ideal is to have all his employees of high personal character, it doesn't look good if Belichick is immune from such scrutiny. Unfortunately, if more details about this become public, one might wonder what Kraft will do if it becomes something he simply cannot ignore.

What I hope for is for all this to be settled quietly and quickly, and that includes between Kraft and Belichick. The last thing we need is for this to drive a wedge between Kraft and Belichick.

Bob G

For this to be something Kraft simply cannot ignore BB would have to be arrested while attempting to axe murder the idiot ex. Or coach through back to back to back losing seasons.

Kraft brought BB in with the caveat that he could build a championship caliber team without resorting to filling out the roster with a bunch of "thugs and hoodlums". He was leery of Bill's ties to the Parcells formula. He never stipulated that either he or his players be candidates for sainthood.

I'm sure Kraft is already more informed on this situation than anyone other than Bill.

MoLewisrocks said:
For this to be something Kraft simply cannot ignore BB would have to be arrested while attempting to axe murder the idiot ex. Or coach through back to back to back losing seasons.

Kraft brought BB in with the caveat that he could build a championship caliber team without resorting to filling out the roster with a bunch of "thugs and hoodlums". He was leery of Bill's ties to the Parcells formula. He never stipulated that either he or his players be candidates for sainthood.

I'm sure Kraft is already more informed on this situation than anyone other than Bill.

Well put, MoLewisRocks. Personally, while I think marital infidelity is a horrible thing, I am sure BB regrets it and has moved on. I am not sure what kind of relationship he has with his kids or ex-wife, but that is far more important than this exmistress and her estranged husband - who by the way may be looking for a payday. I think BB and Kraft are well past this and have 'compartmentalized' the issue. The Pats are not saints, but they do it better and cleaner than anyone else. We are not like the halfway houses of Miami and Denver.

AJain said:
I am not sure what kind of relationship he has with his kids or ex-wife

BB's not divorced. He and his wife were separated but our favorite gossip rag, the Herald, reported they were back together. As for the kids, we know where they are. On the sidelines every Sunday with their dad. Brian holds the clipboard.

DefenseRules said:
B I only have one question. What does this have to do with football discussions? :confused:

Somehow, someway, this subpoena disrespects Tom Brady.

Earth to mikey no one gives a crap nor wants to hear it. This is football season, to talk football, not divorce cases.

Maybe Mikey is a member of The View or Lifetime Network message boards and got them confused with this one.

Unless we KNOW that it has any effect on the Patriots football team or we KNOW it is effecting his relationship with Bob Kraft, I don't give a sweet **** what the ACCUSATIONS may be be in someones divorce.

The big story the last time it came out was that the Herald, in their wisdom, chose to make this a front page story. That was the only thing that I thought was worthy of posting on this board.

Last edited:
People need to lay off Mikey. He did nothing wrong. Take a chill pill, already.

Is this news? Yes.

Is it football news? Yes. Last time I checked, the name 'Belichick' is associated with football. Without his BB's association to a $1.2 billion football team, this story wouldn't be out there.

And what's with this double standard? Where was the outcry against members posting about Clarett's arrest, or Dungy's son's death?

But how dare anyone post factual information about Bill Belichick!

Last edited:
pats1 said:
People need to lay off Mikey. He did nothing wrong. Take a chill pill, already.

Is this news? Yes.

Is it football news? Yes. Last time I checked, the name 'Belichick' is associated with football. Without his BB's association to a $1.2 billion football team, this story wouldn't be out there.

And what's with this double standard? Where was the outcry against members posting about Clarett's arrest, or Dungy's son's death?

But how dare anyone post factual information about Bill Belichick!

We will have to disagree on this one - not a problem.

BTW, your discount pass on the Homerville express has been revoked.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents