PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick should be GM of the Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PYPER

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Oh, the irony…

Blasted on the airwaves and on boards such as this by the ignorant and misinformed for his performance as GM, Belichick has constructed the deepest roster in the NFL. After dominating a decade with a veteran team, he is now going to his 3rd straight AFC Championship Game with the 2nd youngest roster in the NFL. All this despite an abundance of injuries that wiped out the seasons of, I don't know, maybe 7 of our best 8 or 9 players. Its amazing that a GM as inadequate as Belichick allegedly is could accomplish such a thing.

I've heard it said by many pundits, that depth is no longer possible in today's NFL, yet the Patriots, led by the league's worst GM (sarcasm) have assembled a team that apparently can overcome any or any amount of injuries.

How about we just stop with the stupidity and acknowledge the incredible job Coach and GM Belichick have done in turning over the roster while competing for Super Bowls every single year. Belichick should be GM/executive of the year and it shouldn't even be close.

How about we just stop with the stupidity and acknowledge the incredible job Coach and GM Belichick have done in turning over the roster while competing for Super Bowls every single year. Belichick should be GM/executive of the year and it shouldn't even be close.

and he'll get two or three votes...heh....krist, Goodell would get more votes if you left it in the hands of some posters on this board.

Don't sell Caserio short. The drafting has been much better since he was running the show.

I imagine it would be Caserio, not BB. But they're not going to win, nor should they.

Additions this season who contributed significantly this season -- and that is presumably the criterion -- are mainly:

• Blount -- great pickup
  • Various DTs -- nicely done, but JAG level.
  • Various WRs -- they all got injured, limiting their contributions, and Welker had a fine year for Denver
  • Backup DBs -- specifically Ryan and Harmon
  • Allen -- nicely done, but he's a punter
Edit: I should have included Collins.

That's certainly a good job, but not an award-winning one.

Shhhh don't tell Felger that.

He could have drafted another tight end, but, he will most certainly do that next year.

This is why MVP's and these awards are dumb. It's just a bunch of biased dumb asses casting a vote to satisfy their subjective perceptions and secret agendas.

If Manning's MVP awards were reliant on him defeating a post season defense in the 4th quarter, he would have 0 of them.

Belichick doesn't give a crap that award, but you're dead on in your post despite it!

Oh, the irony…

Blasted on the airwaves and on boards such as this by the ignorant and misinformed for his performance as GM, Belichick has constructed the deepest roster in the NFL. After dominating a decade with a veteran team, he is now going to his 3rd straight AFC Championship Game with the 2nd youngest roster in the NFL. All this despite an abundance of injuries that wiped out the seasons of, I don't know, maybe 7 of our best 8 or 9 players. Its amazing that a GM as inadequate as Belichick allegedly is could accomplish such a thing.

I've heard it said by many pundits, that depth is no longer possible in today's NFL, yet the Patriots, led by the league's worst GM (sarcasm) have assembled a team that apparently can overcome any or any amount of injuries.

You're kidding right???
Coach of the year?? Definitely
GM of the year?? Have you seen their receiving corp?? (if you can call it that)

you're kidding right???
gm of the year?? Have you seen their receiving corp?? (if you can call it that)

??????????

Afccg

You're kidding right???
GM of the year?? Have you seen their receiving corp?? (if you can call it that)

Rhody- I think if you go back and look at the entire 2012-2013 transaction history (FA, trades, draft, signing street FAs) and then seeing what they contributed to this team it will astound you.

In terms of receivers, not making excuses but if Amendola, Dobson, Gronk and Thompkins could have stayed healthy we aren't having this discussion.

Keep in mind, Edelman was a FA so in essence on a one year deal on the cheap, BB picked up a 100 catch, 1000yard receiver. Incredible.

The Pats have the best IR squad in the NFL. I'm not a Welker fan, but no one could think he would not leave a hole in this team. I was disappointed to learn Hernandez would not suit up this year. When Wilfork went down, I hoped Kelly would be enough. But, seriously, who could imagine that team that has endured the losses this one has could make the Tournament? Get a bye? Win the...if Belichick is not coach/GM of the year, the game is rigged.

Brandon Spikes Jan 6, 2014 injured-reserve Knee
Josh Boyce Jan 2, 2014 injured-reserve Ankle
Rob Gronkowski Dec 9, 2013 injured-reserve Torn right ACL, MCL
Tommy Kelly Nov 3, 2013 injured-reserve Knee
Sebastian Vollmer Oct 29, 2013 injured-reserve Broken right leg
Jerod Mayo Oct 16, 2013 injured-reserve Torn pectoral
Vince Wilfork Oct 3, 2013 injured-reserve Torn right Achilles tendon
Adrian Wilson Aug 31, 2013 injured-reserve Hamstring
Cory Grissom Aug 26, 2013 injured-reserve Knee
Markus Zusevics Aug 26, 2013 injured-reserve Undisclosed
TJ Moe Jun 4, 2013 injured-reserve Achilles

Not bad for what one of the most vocal posters in this forum called a "pitiful roster" in September.

Not that any of their achievements will quiet the forum haters, they just go silent until they either lose a game or the season ends, then they start yapping about how awful Belichick is all over again.

Just another "pitiful" achievement from a "pitiful" roster filled with "pitiful" players.

It's no wonder they earned such "wrath" from forum posters.

Actually, a better comparison would be that BB is the Fred Sanford of the NFL. While people can complain about his 2nd and 3rd round failures, (and ignoring his array of successes) NO ONE does better than BB in the late rounds of the draft, UDFA's and other people's cast offs. IIRC, there were something like 20 guys on that 2011 superbowl team that started their careers as UDFA's. We kept 5 UDFA's on the original 53 this season. And several now of them start for us now.

And there is a reason for that. Coaching. The Pats players simply get better, and those who don't, don't last long. As much as I hate to plug anything ESPN - Trent Dilfer did a post game rant about the ability of the Pats to survive injuries while still continuing to teach players a different game plan every week. I really think its a must watch for those who love to hear gushing praise of the Pats....and who doesn't :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes