PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick right again

Status
Not open for further replies.
source: Hypocrisy, Safety and the Kickoff Rule Change

FYI, normal assumptions are that kickoffs are more dangerous than punt returns, thereby explaining things like Greg Schiano's proposal for modified free kicks after Eric LeGrand was paralyzed. So the numbers for kickoffs alone should be worse than those quoted above.

Personally I would not much care if the kickoff was taken out of the game for good, just as I don't miss the Flying Wedge that was banned over a century ago for similar reasons.

Not sure when those stats were done, but unless they were done within the last 2 years in the NFL, they don't actually mean much. The NFL changed it's rules on kick-offs AND it changed the rules on recording concussions. We'd need to see the data based on the current situation to make any legitimate decision about whether or not Kick-offs actually result in more injuries and the types of injuries.

Personally, I've seen more injuries (excluding concussions) on NON-kick-off plays than I have on kick-off plays. Unless the Jets are involved..

Not sure when those stats were done, but unless they were done within the last 2 years in the NFL, they don't actually mean much. The NFL changed it's rules on kick-offs AND it changed the rules on recording concussions. We'd need to see the data based on the current situation to make any legitimate decision about whether or not Kick-offs actually result in more injuries and the types of injuries.

Personally, I've seen more injuries (excluding concussions) on NON-kick-off plays than I have on kick-off plays. Unless the Jets are involved..

Those stats were from High School games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes