PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick interview with Armen Keteyian on CBS News [mergedx4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BB interview - 15 min version

Somewhere in the middle of Belichick's explanation of defensive signals I became more aware than ever of how absurdly overblown this story is. For the first time in a while, my anger was directed back at Goodell, and I was reminded that if he had just given them a slap on the wrist and explained to the public that stealing signs is not cheating or illegal, NONE of this 9 month witch hunt would have happened.

When/where did this full interview air? Its great, and far more informative than the edited version.

Last edited:

Somewhere in the middle of Belichick's explanation of defensive signals I became more aware than ever of how absurdly overblown this story is. For the first time in a while, my anger was directed back at Goodell, and I was reminded that if he had just given them a slap on the wrist and explained to the public that stealing signs is not cheating or illegal, NONE of this 9 month witch hunt would have happened.

When/where did this full interview air? Its great, and far more informative than the edited version.

absolutely , i felt the same way. iam more pissed at people like peter king who have covered the league for decades but couldnt think of digging deeper into a non issue.

this video is also available on the cbsnews site

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/05/16/cbsnews_investigates/main4104058.shtml

sadly its not going to get an audience and more national media will go after BB's one line "there was no deception"

Re: PFT is perplexed at BB's interview

Florio can be such a moron. Walsh DID say in his NYT interview he was involved in game planning. Check this part:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/16/sports/football/16nfl.html?pagewanted=4&_r=1&ref=football

Its a ridiculous suggestion by Walsh and what Belichick was referring to. That and other suggestions by Walsh he was involved in game planning. And Walsh goes on to say me and Steve stayed behind until Tuesday "with all the OTHER assistant coaches." First of all, he is talking about Steve Scarnecchia, who was a video assistant like Walsh. Yet apparently, in Walsh's delusional mind, he was an assistant coach.....i.e. his reference to "all the OTHER assistant coaches" as if he is one himself. This is clearly delusional and twisted. He was a video assistant. Low level. So was Steve. He wasn't an assistant coach.

Too bad Florio didn't research this blog entry very well, obviously missing these comments by Walsh. Walsh is a desperate guy with delusions of what he was in the past being greater than the facts indicate.

J D Sal
send this to florio himself

Re: PFT is perplexed at BB's interview

Ah...the trend of speaking before fact checking continues...

Re: Belichick interview with Armen Keteyian on CBS News tonight

Yes.

"Extraordinary Popular Delusions And The Madness Of Crowds".

I'd venture to say it is more serious than merely ridiculous...it's a travesty.

An excellent point.

Roger Goodell should pay with his job for this. To have subjected this team, this coach, this ownership to this witchhunt out of his own incompetence or malice is sickening. I will do a jig when he loses his job, which I expect will happen in the not too distant future. over/under: 2 years.

Someone out there in the press is going to view the entire thing and reach the right conclusions, if Belichick's assertions (videotape evidence of videotaping practices, whew!) are correct. Then, we'll see what happens.

Re: Great Title

SMY is the (wo)MAN!

I for one feel much better after seeing that. Man, I am glad BB is on our side. Thanks.

It is too bad that CBS did the condensed version, remember Clockwork Orange.. imagine Shelereth, Carter and the rest of the jerks.. strapped into chairs with their eyes forced open to watch this over and over again..

Re: Great Title

SMY is the (wo)MAN!

She is really coming into her own.. she will attain more credibility as time passes.. good successor for Tom E. Curran..

Great find...I wasa bit disappointed with the cut up version..didn't at all realize that until this AM..(Wondered where the whole one was as WBZ played a snippet that wasn't on teh National news segment...I had to wobder what was going on..) . makes so much more sense now..GREAT!!

Great find on the tape!

Goodell is a dufus. He could have easily squelch this witch hunt months ago and surely during the recent Walsh press conference. He had no clue of how the media circus can and may ruin the integrity of the game.

I love how BB explained how these signals are available to everyone - 70,000 people in the stands can all sit there and watch them give signals. And how they've broken this stuff down without the use of video tape, but how recording them just makes it easier.

They still should have abided by the rules, and BB admitted that it was his fault that they were wrong, but he did a good job demonstrating how this really ought not be that big a deal.

"It's not DNA!"

That was the best line as to the difference of charting with pen or taping.
Anybody can do it.

As much as we liked this, it will be cut up to only show small portions of
Belichick, and only in the worst light.
It's just the way it's going to be.

Great job posting this, SVN. Thanks much friend. I was highly dissapointed with the shortened version I got of this interview in my area of Virginia. We saw nothing at all like this, obviously. This ENTIRE broadcast really needs to go out nationally. Hopefully it will.

NLF Network just aired Walsh saying the Patriots went to great length to conceal his taping
and then followed with Belichick speaking to Walsh not knowing football.
They should have followed with Belichick's statment that Walsh was in full Patriot gear viewable to 70,000 people.
That Walsh statement keeps circulating without the obvious point that Walsh was not attempting to conceal anything.

How stupid are people?
How in the hell would anybody instruct Walsh to conceal what he was doing?
It could never be done, so why bother?

Exactly, the biggest a-hole in this whole mess is definately Goodell. But he did issue that directive at the beginning of the season, so we have to bear some of the responsibility - but The Herald and Tom******* have no leg to stand on, so they are the biggest scumbags.

"Those signals are available to anybody who wants to see them."
Put Belichick and 10 other coaches in a room to watch film then ask them what they saw. Guaranteed BB's answers will show focus on some detail or play or move that went virtually unnoticed by the other 9 coaches in that room.
Belichick doesn't have any information that's different from what anyone else has or could have if they chose to look for it, or any MORE info than anyone else has or could have if they took the time and effort to study it- he just knows how to interpret it better than anyone else.And he's absolutely 100% dedicated to being as prepared for any game as he can possibly be.
The interview solidifies exactly what we've known all along- the only thing he's guilty of is being smarter than everybody else :)
Classic example of how he watches film:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=garber_greg&id=3034890
From his CBS interview: "It's not DNA". LOL- how can you not love BB?
Great interview! Thank you to BFan for finding it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore