PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Belichick could 'Easily' coach another four to five years"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see no reason to think why he would stop coaching just because Brady went away.

He said a few years ago he doesn’t want to coach into his 70s. Not sure if he changed his mind since...

So then it came to pass in the year 2030, new coach Steve belichick drafts Tom jr?

Having a hard time remembering toms sons name. Too early yet

He said a few years ago he doesn’t want to coach into his 70s. Not sure if he changed his mind since...

That was before his sons showed interest in coaching and were on the staff.

NFL Rumors: Bill Belichick ‘Easily’ Could Coach Another Four To Five Years

If true I think he wants to stick around for the post Brady era and I don't see why he wouldn't.

You might wonder what more could he accomplish especially if he wins another ring with Brady well what about keeping this thing up float or being able to rebuild and get another lombardi without Brady?

I think that's his motivation/another challenge well huge one to take on before he rides off into the sunset, and I think he pulls it off.
Like the Stones, not quitting will keep him young.

yes, Bill can coach as long as Dante

It will be difficult with Brady, Josh and Flores all gone.

It is not at all clear that he would want to start a non-Brady dynasty.

The Stones stopped being good 30 years ago
it keeps them young though.

I actually love a lot of their new music over the last 30 years though. The last new one Iike "One More Shot", though the guitar riff is a subtle rip off of AC/DC "You shook me all night long"

If we're going to rate coaches I think winning % is a better way to do that. That way even coaches with more years coaching, and in different eras, can be compared. Belichick and George Halas are tied at .682 but Belichick can move ahead if he wins the last 4 this season. If he only wins 3 he'll be slightly behind (.6824 to .6822). I added the coaches with less years service but longevity should also be considered. The top 20ish by %;

John Madden - .759 (10 years)
Vince Lombardi - .738 (10)
George Allen - .712 (12)
George Halas - .682 (40)
Bill Belichick - .682 (24)
Don Sula - .677 (33)
Paul Brown - .672 (25)
Tony Dungy - .668 (13)
Mike Tomlin - .657 (12)
Curly Lambeau - .631 (33)
Bill Cowher - .623 (15)
Bud Grant - .621 (18)
Joe Gibbs - .621 (16)
Buck Shaw - .621 (12)
Mike McCarthy - .618 (13)
Schottenheimer - .613 (21)
Andy Reid - .612 (20)
Sean Payton - .612 (12)
Bill Walsh - .609 (10)
Tom Landry - .607 (29)
Steve Owen - .605 (24)

I believe there is nothing that sticks in Bill's craw more than that smug SOB Shula and his annual celebration of their undefeated year. And he knows that nothing would stick in Shula's craw like Bill being the all time winningest coach.

giphy.gif

it keeps them young though.

I actually love a lot of their new music over the last 30 years though. The last new one Iike "One More Shot", though the guitar riff is a subtle rip off of AC/DC "You shook me all night long"

There are a few decent songs.

IMO when a band hits their late 40s they loose their juice.

If we're going to rate coaches I think winning % is a better way to do that. That way even coaches with more years coaching, and in different eras, can be compared. Belichick and George Halas are tied at .682 but Belichick can move ahead if he wins the last 4 this season. If he only wins 3 he'll be slightly behind (.6824 to .6822). I added the coaches with less years service but longevity should also be considered. The top 20ish by %;

John Madden - .759 (10 years)
Vince Lombardi - .738 (10)
George Allen - .712 (12)
George Halas - .682 (40)
Bill Belichick - .682 (24)
Don Sula - .677 (33)
Paul Brown - .672 (25)
Tony Dungy - .668 (13)
Mike Tomlin - .657 (12)
Curly Lambeau - .631 (33)
Bill Cowher - .623 (15)
Bud Grant - .621 (18)
Joe Gibbs - .621 (16)
Buck Shaw - .621 (12)
Mike McCarthy - .618 (13)
Schottenheimer - .613 (21)
Andy Reid - .612 (20)
Sean Payton - .612 (12)
Bill Walsh - .609 (10)
Tom Landry - .607 (29)
Steve Owen - .605 (24)
Meh. Championships are what really what matters.

Some of the names ahead of Landry, Walsh, Parcells and Noll is a joke.

Hopefully he can get himself a quarterback who can throw farther than 10 yards down the field :D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back