PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick Breaks down what he looks for in a WR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, supporting the guy who brought NE the greatest dynasty in NFL history is so stupid.

Supporting is a broad term. Someone who calls out Bill, or who doesn't share the same opinion about his overall value to the team, or his role in Bradyexit, is not less of a fan.

Is it still permissible to be a fan of both TB12 and BB, and to understand that they are both not perfect, nor is any other human being?

Or is saying that also going to get :poop: about being too delicate?

If so, go fork yourself.

Brady is the mother who walked out on her children to chase the hot 20 year old surfer when things started getting tough at home. BB is the loyal father who stayed to take care of the kids. Stop supporting your mother. Your father is here for you.

Yep, supporting the guy who brought NE the greatest dynasty in NFL history is so stupid.
Most people seem to go out of their way to say he is great and a hall of fame but also acknowledge that he isn't infallible.

Is it still permissible to be a fan of both TB12 and BB, and to understand that they are both not perfect, nor is any other human being?

Or is saying that also going to get :poop: about being too delicate?

If so, go fork yourself.
I am a fan of both. I think Bill is the best coach to ever do it. I also think Bill did everything he could to run Brady out of town and it was clearly a mistake. I also think he cannot draft wide receivers. My last two statements seem to get a lot of panties in a bunch for team Bill.

I am a fan of both. I think Bill is the best coach to ever do it. I also think Bill did everything he could to run Brady out of town and it was clearly a mistake. I also think he cannot draft wide receivers. My last two statements seem to get a lot of panties in a bunch for team Bill.
Ok, got it, you are fans of both but are still butt hurt about how it ended, want to air your grievances about this any chance you get, want to make it clear that there are sides to be taken rather than just dealing with the aftermath and moving on, and want to call people out who don't share your views as being soft.

Most people seem to go out of their way to say he is great and a hall of fame but also acknowledge that he isn't infallible.

No one is saying he’s infallible, simply that he doesn’t deserve most of the ignorant sh.t people say about him, He had strengths and weaknesses, and sometimes they are the same characteristic. He’s a serious hard core d.ck that demands the most out of his players, he’s a serious hard core d.ck, who gets the most out of many players. He’s an arrogant motherf.cker who always thinks he’s right, watch the last minute of that Seattle Super Bowl, He’s not always right, but when you have that track record it’s understandable to have that delusion.

The most fact based criticism of Belichick is their draft record, However the few long term studies of long term draft records has them consistently at the top, with Baltimore. And when it comes to the other ways of obtaining players they are really good. There are always some sh.tty trades, but that’s true of everyone. No one is perfect, but he’s the best coach/GM that New England sports fans will ever see.

I was of the view that when Brady left Belichick would do a slow steady rebuild then hang them up, and I was wrong, Belichick is well into the rebuild and has been for some time, as he was rebuilding the OL and run game for when Brady left, and the new 2TE offense and a 1st round QB are further steps down that path. So I guess that my take on what he accomplished with Brady, and what he’s doing right now are really positive. So while people can nitpick about certain moves that they wanted the reality, at least as I see it, is that we just had the greatest dynasty in NFL history and they should be back to serious contention sooner than later. I can’t b.tch about that.

If you know of anyone who thinks he can draft WR’s report them, I don’t, and I don’t know how they can make a serious argument that he can. He passed on Keenan Allen for Aaron Dobson, it doesn’t get much worse than that.

Supporting is a broad term. Someone who calls out Bill, or who doesn't share the same opinion about his overall value to the team, or his role in Bradyexit, is not less of a fan.

I never said they were, and as far as the Brady exit goes I think that was all Bill, and no one argued harder for keeping Brady when half the fans here wanted them to trade him and keep Garrapolo. Brady was tired of playing for Belichick, just as Gronk was, and Belichick wanted to move on and build another championship level team before hanging it up, at least in my opinion. Much as I wanted Brady here it was time, and I’m fine with it.

If you know of anyone who thinks he can draft WR’s report them, I don’t, and I don’t know how they can make a serious argument that he can. He passed on Keenan Allen for Aaron Dobson, it doesn’t get much worse than that.

Dobson was not drafted until #76, so there were 76 misses before he was picked by SD...

Just more anecdotal evidence that means little or nothing..

Dobson was not drafted until #76, so there were 76 misses before he was picked by SD...

Just more anecdotal evidence that means little or nothing..

You meant Allen, but he had a 1st round grade for much of the lead in to that draft and dropped on draft day, and many here wanted Allen in the 2nd round and were pissed when he passed on Allen. But that’s the draft and people will always want their guy, and the point still stands that he can’t draft WR’s.

I always wonder what Belichick would think of being told that others screw up draft picks, too. From my read of his personality, and obviously this is my own take, welcome to disagree, is that he would find that irritating. His goal is to do everything well. He has high standards and would not console himself with the idea that others are worse. Others are not him.

I never said they were, and as far as the Brady exit goes I think that was all Bill, and no one argued harder for keeping Brady when half the fans here wanted them to trade him and keep Garrapolo. Brady was tired of playing for Belichick, just as Gronk was, and Belichick wanted to move on and build another championship level team before hanging it up, at least in my opinion. Much as I wanted Brady here it was time, and I’m fine with it.

Hey, look, that’s fine. I don’t begrudge anyone for having that opinion. Even though I’ve been critical of Bill, I actually don’t blame him either. I blame Kraft. When it boils down to it, you have a coach and player at odds. Most organizations would side with the all-time great player over the all-time great coach. Due to the idea that Belichick is the coach and GM, there could be an argument made to keep Belichick. I personally do not see a favorable equation, though, to keeping the coach even with that in mind. Bill only has a few years left, too, and I think the equation of championship odds - over the next few years - drastically favors the player. Kraft could have told Belichick to bag his bags, too, if the relationship was that sour.

But whatever…hindsight is 20/20. I also thought perhaps Brady was finally at his end after 2019…he looked injured, even thought the supporting cast was garbage. But I also thought the potential upside was worth keeping him because otherwise you are just another team. Also, if we’re talking about declining performance, I think coaches/GMs should be subject to the same scrutiny, but that would just derail this and not worth rehashing everything. Bottom line is I think Bill was the best coach/GM ever for a long time but the league has caught up to him, especially his economic based personnel decision making…it happens to everyone. But I hope he finishes it out with the Patriots.

If you know of anyone who thinks he can draft WR’s report them, I don’t,
The issue isn't the simplistic "can/cant" draft. He drafted basically four receivers people consider "good or great": Branch, Mitchell, Givens, Edelman - I don't think most dispute that. It lacks a ton of context though. How many "good/great" WRs has he signed as free agents or traded for that fit the same criteria? Dozens? How do TEs factor in given they are filling the same/similar role in fueling an offense? Why is that wider context likewise ignored (and again across an entirety of how those players are brought in - draft, FA or trade)?

The schism is there are too many that way overvalue WRs as the catalyst to winning football when the Belichick model not only demonstrates, but proves, that it is not focus on "#1 drafted WRs" that consistently offers the best chance of long term success in the NFL. It's a balanced, whole team, strong middle class, all aspects of accessing talent model with the salary cap allocated not to #1 WRs forcing weakness and fragility across a wider swath of the rest of the roster.

Ok, got it, you are fans of both but are still butt hurt about how it ended, want to air your grievances about this any chance you get, want to make it clear that there are sides to be taken rather than just dealing with the aftermath and moving on, and want to call people out who don't share your views as being soft.
Ahhh yes. Ignore the fact that a guy who won us 6 rings was shown the door and immediately won a 7th. How in the world could anyone still be talking about something that happened less than 6 months ago?! That is ancient history! Good thing we have such astute posters like you to make sure the Patsfans ship is being steered in the right direction. Bill must be defended at all costs!!

No one is saying he’s infallible, simply that he doesn’t deserve most of the ignorant sh.t people say about him, He had strengths and weaknesses, and sometimes they are the same characteristic. He’s a serious hard core d.ck that demands the most out of his players, he’s a serious hard core d.ck, who gets the most out of many players. He’s an arrogant motherf.cker who always thinks he’s right, watch the last minute of that Seattle Super Bowl, He’s not always right, but when you have that track record it’s understandable to have that delusion.

The most fact based criticism of Belichick is their draft record, However the few long term studies of long term draft records has them consistently at the top, with Baltimore. And when it comes to the other ways of obtaining players they are really good. There are always some sh.tty trades, but that’s true of everyone. No one is perfect, but he’s the best coach/GM that New England sports fans will ever see.

I was of the view that when Brady left Belichick would do a slow steady rebuild then hang them up, and I was wrong, Belichick is well into the rebuild and has been for some time, as he was rebuilding the OL and run game for when Brady left, and the new 2TE offense and a 1st round QB are further steps down that path. So I guess that my take on what he accomplished with Brady, and what he’s doing right now are really positive. So while people can nitpick about certain moves that they wanted the reality, at least as I see it, is that we just had the greatest dynasty in NFL history and they should be back to serious contention sooner than later. I can’t b.tch about that.
I think there are significantly more posters who are balanced when it comes to criticizing Bill than there are the handful who basically claim he is a nobody who rode Brady's coattails. That being said there seems to be a good amount of posters here who twist themselves in pretzels to defend Bill even when it is clear bad decisions were made. My thing with Bill's team building abilities is overall I think he has done a good job but in the last 5(ish) years he has done pretty poorly. Last year was a direct culmination of bad drafting, trades, and signings and it cost us another couple years with the greatest QB to ever play.

I will give Bill credit for being aggressive and filling needs this offseason. On paper everything looks great but we have seen what happens when other teams try and build through free agency so I am somewhat wary. I think pretty much all of it is hinging on Mac Jones. If he can play then the train keeps rolling along. If he can't then we will end up as one of the many teams in a constant rebuild.

Ahhh yes. Ignore the fact that a guy who won us 6 rings was shown the door and immediately won a 7th. How in the world could anyone still be talking about something that happened less than 6 months ago?! That is ancient history! Good thing we have such astute posters like you to make sure the Patsfans ship is being steered in the right direction. Bill must be defended at all costs!!
In other words, you are still butt hurt about how it ended, want to air your grievances about this any chance you get, want to make it clear that there are sides to be taken rather than just dealing with the aftermath and moving on, and want to call people out who don't share your views as being soft.

I will give Bill credit for being aggressive and filling needs this offseason. On paper everything looks great but we have seen what happens when other teams try and build through free agency so I am somewhat wary. I think pretty much all of it is hinging on Mac Jones. If he can play then the train keeps rolling along. If he can't then we will end up as one of the many teams in a constant rebuild.
Glad to see you have some ability to look forward rather than backward. I hope you eventually find a way to move forward. It's not worth it to live in the spin cycle of regret and recrimination.

In other words, you are still butt hurt about how it ended, want to air your grievances about this any chance you get, want to make it clear that there are sides to be taken rather than just dealing with the aftermath and moving on, and want to call people out who don't share your views as being soft.

Glad to see you have some ability to look forward rather than backward. I hope you eventually find a way to move forward. It's not worth it to live in the spin cycle of regret and recrimination.
You take this team far too seriously apparently. I love this team and I love watching them every Sunday but in the end of the day whether they win or lose I still have to wake up and go to work Monday morning. So maybe New England Patriots football is able to send your delicate emotions into "spin cycles" but I live in the real world where I discuss the team on a football forum but when I sign off I am enjoying the rest of my life. You shouldn't take this stuff so seriously it's just a message board. No one is trying to hurt you or Bill.

You take this team far too seriously apparently. I love this team and I love watching them every Sunday but in the end of the day whether they win or lose I still have to wake up and go to work Monday morning. So maybe New England Patriots football is able to send your delicate emotions into "spin cycles" but I live in the real world where I discuss the team on a football forum but when I sign off I am enjoying the rest of my life. You shouldn't take this stuff so seriously it's just a message board. No one is trying to hurt you or Bill.
You are the delicate one living through emotional spin cycles. I'm the one who has moved on from 2018, you are the one that is feeling the butt hurt over and over again, easily triggered into fighting the same old battle most of us have moved on from.

You are the delicate one living through emotional spin cycles. I'm the one who has moved on from 2018, you are the one that is feeling the butt hurt over and over again, easily triggered into fighting the same old battle most of us have moved on from.
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand