PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard: Patriots teammates "didn't trust" Stidham

Ross12

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score

It's Bedard... so take it with a grain of salt... but found this report interesting. It would certainly explain some things. It was a real head scratcher last year trying to figure out why they didn't even attempt to start Stidham late in the year. I do have to wonder what the root cause of such a belief is though.

It's Bedard... so take it with a grain of salt... but found this report interesting. It would certainly explain some things. It was a real head scratcher last year trying to figure out why they didn't even attempt to start Stidham late in the year. I do have to wonder what the root cause of such a belief is though.

And by grain, I assume "metric f—kton."

The Heir Apparent to Cam.

12 passing TDs in 2021 instead of just 8.

I’m pretty sure this was reported last week as well. Shouldn’t be surprising. Cam wasn’t exactly the second coming of Tom Brady (heh) last year and Jarrett “Studarm” still couldn’t get a whiff. Remember when a significant portion of this forum was so hot to move on from Brady for this kid in 2019? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

1614116921967.jpeg

Curran on Stidham (8:10) (paraphrasing)
- As far as a future in NE goes - Stid "has a punchers chance but he is bleeding and on the ropes".
- The door was wide open for him at camp last year. In the first couple of practices he would do well then throw a flurry of picks. Then he was limited by a bad groin. In that time was when Cam "left him in the dust".
- Stid will now have to do something to convince the team he deserves the job, it will not be handed to him.
- All the flaws that made him a 4th round pick manifested themselves last year - especially how he responds inconsistently to pressure. That's what we saw and a flaw like that is not going to go away.

It wasn't just Cam that left him in the dust. Hoyer too. This validates what I've been saying all along. He was QB1 and blew it.

A 2nd year QB going from QB1 to QB3 is the absolute opposite of what you want to see in a 2nd year guy who you want to think has a future in the NFL.

I don't know why people insist that another Tom Brady will be walking through the door. Just because 6th round pick Brady turned into GOAT then that does not logically mean we should expect greatness from 4th round pick Stidham. Brady is never happening again, anywhere in any sport.

Stidham is not long for this team, or the NFL. Not unusual. Just what you'd expect from most 4th round picked QBs.

Last edited:
What’s that I smell? The Boston media setting Stidham’s pro bowl season next year.

I’m pretty sure this was reported last week as well. Shouldn’t be surprising. Cam wasn’t exactly the second coming of Tom Brady (heh) last year and Jarrett “Studarm” still couldn’t get a whiff. Remember when a significant portion of this forum was so hot to move on from Brady for this kid in 2019? Pepperidge Farms remembers.
Yeah. Funny how we see Hoyer take a rookie sack at the end of the half in the Chiefs game and seeing the Pats coaches angry reaction to that on the sidelines... and then Hoyer came back out to play the whole 3rd quarter anyway and probably would have finished the game if the coaches had a choice. LOL

Last edited:
Maybe it's time for the Team Stidham crowd to take down the posters over their beds and to put the hand lotion away.
"Team Stidham crowd." What BS. Virtually no one on this forum said that Stidham was the future of the Patriots. They only wanted to see him start a few games to see what he could do, as opposed to taking a dozen snaps at the end of an already lost game.

"Team Stidham crowd." What BS. Virtually no one on this forum said that Stidham was the future of the Patriots. They only wanted to see him start a few games to see what he could do, as opposed to taking a dozen snaps at the end of an already lost game.
You haven't been paying attention. There's a few that believed he was the 2nd coming. I'm not about to embarass them though.

Curran on Stidham (8:10) (paraphrasing)
- As far as a future in NE goes - Stid "has a punchers chance but he is bleeding and on the ropes".
- The door was wide open for him at camp last year. In the first couple of practices he would do well then throw a flurry of picks. Then he was limited by a bad groin. In that time was when Cam "left him in the dust".
- Stid will now have to do something to convince the team he deserves the job, it will not be handed to him.
- All the flaws that made him a 4th round pick manifested themselves last year - especially how he responds inconsistently to pressure. That's what we saw and a flaw like that is not going to go away.

It wasn't just Cam that left him in the dust. Hoyer too. This validates what I've been saying all along. He was QB1 and blew it.

A 2nd year QB going from QB1 to QB3 is the absolute opposite of what you want to see in a 2nd year guy who you want to think has a future in the NFL.

I don't know why people insist that another Tom Brady will be walking through the door. Just because 6th round pick Brady turned into GOAT then that does not logically mean we should expect greatness from 4th round pick Stidham. Brady is never happening again, anywhere in any sport.

Stidham is not long for this team, or the NFL. Not unusual. Just what you'd expect from most 4th round picked QBs.

That’s funny because I was assured the night we drafted him, and went over that flaw, that it was “coachable.”

S.hitting your pants under pressure because you got pulverized in college is not a “coachable” tendency. The hole is dug and the gravestone is already set in the ground on his career in New England. The only question is, how long it will take them to throw dirt on him?

Maybe it's time for the Team Stidham crowd to take down the posters over their beds and to put the hand lotion away.

The usual suspects...the most arrogant ones are most often wrong.

You haven't been paying attention. There's a few that believed he was the 2nd coming. I'm not about to embarass them though.
In fairness to some of them, they were victims of the Pats propaganda machine. For much of last offseason, he was being pumped by players and media members being fed by the organization. He was shoved down our throats as the next great thing until training camp started and reality set in.

I already said it, but based off all that we know, Stidham isn't the guy and likely will never be the guy and the only value he had was so desperate fans could cling to a hope of the unknown while the team was struggling. If Stidham was in the same position on any other team, nobody here would know who he is. He couldn't beat out Hoyer. He looked like garbage everytime he hit the field. If he wasn't on a rookie contract he'd be gone.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back