PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB's Draft Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it'll be low cost suck, which can end up being a great thing.*

*(Ask any baby boomer that ever passed through Subic Bay to explain that for you.)

F'ing squid. :D

That's 'F'ing squid Sir' to you, crunchie. ;)
Sorry our food was better, you should be over it by now.

Dude I was slurping MRE's daily and proudly. You can keep you're grits and ****s.

Dude I was slurping MRE's daily and proudly. You can keep you're grits and ****s.

'Daily and proudly' isn't quite happily. :rolleyes: Food in a pouch, no wonder you were always spoiling for a fight. No doubt your (ahem) chow probably had it's fair share of grit in it.
Sorry I mistook you for a crunchie there ground pounder, if you are young enough to have been slurping MRE's you aren't old enough to have been a crunchie. You kids, at least crunchies ate outta cans, pouches...smdh.

I honestly don't think that Belichick asking Chubb to assault a punching bag for a minute proves any reason to believe that he's thinking about trading for him 3-5 years in advance.

I don't think he's formulating a plan to trade for him. What I'm saying is he's doing the ground work/research on every player. He's not thinking about this player only in terms of the draft, but tracking every player throughout their careers.

The Patriots have a file on every player in the league. And you see how some of their old research has played into recent trades for guys like Cooks and Shelton. You see Belichick sometimes mention how they liked some guy at the draft 3, 4, 5 years ago.

He's not actively trying to get the guy, and he has no chance at him initially, but here he is, working him out personally, seeing if he respond to coaching, seeing how he reacts to change. He could just sit there and watch him work out but instead he's there getting him to do something new to see if he can do it or not.

If the opportunity comes up in a few years, he'll be ready. And if it doesn't, he'll be ready for something else.

Hmmm...Hurst is likely to go higher than I would be willing to go to ensure getting him, but it does appear that Bill is poking around the TE market.
My best-case is drafting Front-7, LT & DB during the first 2 days, then using our 4th-rounder on the best TE likely available there, such as Dalton Schultz.

Belichick has a chub for Chubb ... he'll find a way to get him eventually.

Was scrolling furiously to find someone make this joke.

msty.gif

Edit: Duplicate Post

I'd actually be surprised if Belichick drafted Chubb if he did have the chance. He ran a terrible 3 cone time. Maybe he'll give it another shot at a pro day and do better but the Patriots put a huge emphasis on the cones and shuttle, especially with pass rushers.

Now, he's probably salivating at Harold Landry...

Hmmm...Hurst is likely to go higher than I would be willing to go to ensure getting him, but it does appear that Bill is poking around the TE market.
My best-case is drafting Front-7, LT & DB during the first 2 days, then using our 4th-rounder on the best TE likely available there, such as Dalton Schultz.

I love Hurst. I'd compare him to Zach Ertz. He's overaged but he's ready to step in and contribute day one.

BB did the whole tour working out players with Matty P. Great seeing them working together. Here is the video of last stop - OSU. Pats staff completely takes over and Matty like still one of them..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back