Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
"Uh ... (snort) ... all I can address are players currently on the roster ... (cough, swallow) ... I don't care what happened last month, last year, or 10 years ago. Nothing can be done about it now. We're on to 2017 (snort). You want to know about Hernandez, ask the warden."

No way did BB defy the subpeona. They are issued to anyone whom they MIGHT want to call as a witness, but you are given notice a day or two in advance if you really WILL be called, in my experience. I am not a lawyer, but I have been involved in trials as a witness.

It sounds like BB had not given a deposition, so that made it even more unlikely he'd be called, since the defense would not quite know what he would say. Never put anyone on the stand if you don't have a very good idea what he is going to say.

If Belichick had defied a subpoena to which he could reasonably have responded, he'd be sitting in a jail cell or out on bail himself.

Either there never was a subpoena and Hernandez' lawyer's just blowing smoke in the middle of a house that he knows has already burned to the ground (not out of the question) or a subpoena was served and Belichick was in a place outside the jurisdiction of the court and did not have a reasonable amount of time to be present (more likely).

If Belichick had defied a subpoena to which he could reasonably have responded, he'd be sitting in a jail cell or out on bail himself.

156051124-bill-belichick-of-the-new-england-patriots-throws-the_crop_exact.jpg

Reactions: Ian
Man, I am sick of still seeing Hernandez headlines on the newsfeed.

Agreed, I can understand BSPN and other media wanting to troll the Patriots, but why is this crap on patsfans.

@Ian can you put a filter on the news feed to filter out Hernandez?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes