PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB on whether he thinks he would have the same success without Brady: "Of course not"

Yeah there is still a Tom Brady even if you do not like it.

there actually isn’t …. Just another Tua or Zach or Jameis…..I think there’s a QB in the next game, too

Although I think both men would have rings without the other (Brady already does), no way either has the 20 years of success without the other one. And since the league has become such a QB driven league, Belichick was definitely fortunate to have Brady ever since the shift.

Although I think both men would have rings without the other (Brady already does), no way either has the 20 years of success without the other one. And since the league has become such a QB driven league, Belichick was definitely fortunate to have Brady ever since the shift.

Well there's no denying BB hit the frickin jackpot finding Brady in the 6th round.

From the man himself. It really isn't rocket science.
Agreed, but would Brady have had the same level of success if he started his career with, say, Bruce Arians? We’ll never know, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Lombardi, Brown, Shula, Halas all succeeded because they had great players, but they were all part of why those players became great. Same with Brady and Belichick. I’m not sure why people don’t get that.

Agreed, but would Brady have had the same level of success if he started his career with, say, Bruce Arians? We’ll never know, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Lombardi, Brown, Shula, Halas all succeeded because they had great players, but they were all part of why those players became great. Same with Brady and Belichick. I’m not sure why people don’t get that.
People enjoy arguing/debating. I believe it is that simple.

Pat Riley was highly successful and Championships before LeBron arrived.

Not a very good comparison.

Pops with Duncan is a better comparison
Riley‘s best coaching year was when he took the mediocre, ragtag Knicks to the seventh game of the NBA finals and nearly won. Might be one of the best coaching jobs in the history of sports.

If Brady went to Atlanta, Carolina or another doormat back in 2000, nobody outside of Michigan fans would know his name.

Bad teams and bad blocking have destroyed 1st round pick QB's careers, but Brady would have been immune because he's magic.

#FanBoys

If Brady went to Atlanta, Carolina or another doormat back in 2000, nobody outside of Michigan fans would know his name.

Bad teams and bad blocking have destroyed 1st round pick QB's careers, but Brady would have been immune because he's magic.

#FanBoys
Carolina wasn't a doormat team. Do you forget who the Pats faced to win their second superbowl?

You don't think Brady would have outplayed Jake Delhomme to win the starting QB position?

Brady and Bill are lucky Bledsoe got hurt because no way Kraft would have allowed Bill to bench Bledsoe.

Pete Carroll went to the playoffs 2 out of the 3 years he coached and went 8-8 before Kraft decided he wanted Bill.

Bill went 5-11, was already 0-2 with Bledsoe. Imagine if Bill went to Kraft I'm going to bench the QB you love and just gave 100mil contract for that Brady guy.

Kraft would have fired him then and there. Kraft needed to see Brady clearly outperform Bledsoe the way he did after Bledsoe got hurt.

Brady would have remained the backup and might have had a career similar to Steve Young and not getting his chance to start until he was already in his 30s.

At least we know for sure Brady would be successful without Bill because he just proved it.

Bill’s story is still being written. I think what happens to the Mac Patriots will be the final chapter in Bill’s legacy for better or worse.

Carolina wasn't a doormat team. Do you forget who the Pats faced to win their second superbowl?

You don't think Brady would have outplayed Jake Delhomme to win the starting QB position?

Brady and Bill are lucky Bledsoe got hurt because no way Kraft would have allowed Bill to bench Bledsoe.

Pete Carroll went to the playoffs 2 out of the 3 years he coached and went 8-8 before Kraft decided he wanted Bill.

Bill went 5-11, was already 0-2 with Bledsoe. Imagine if Bill went to Kraft I'm going to bench the QB you love and just gave 100mil contract for that Brady guy.

Kraft would have fired him then and there. Kraft needed to see Brady clearly outperform Bledsoe the way he did after Bledsoe got hurt.

Brady would have remained the backup and might have had a career similar to Steve Young and not getting his chance to start until he was already in his 30s.
You’re talking about five years later? In 2000 they led the NFL in sacks and won 7 games.

Tom isn’t mobile and he wasn’t a polished pocket presence in 2000-2001. If he had the poor fortune of starting back then on a terrible team with poor blocking he never would have developed into the GOAT. It’s a fanboy fever dream… it doesn’t matter which terrible team it was.

You’re talking about five years later? In 2000 they led the NFL in sacks and won 7 games.

Tom isn’t mobile and he wasn’t a polished pocket presence in 2000-2001. If he had the poor fortune of starting back then on a terrible team with poor blocking he never would have developed into the GOAT. It’s a fanboy fever dream… it doesn’t matter which terrible team it was.
And Bill would have been fired if Brady didn't take over and would be viewed as a HC failure.

What's your point?

At least we know for sure Brady would be successful without Bill because he just proved it.

Bill’s story is still being written. I think what happens to the Mac Patriots will be the final chapter in Bill’s legacy for better or worse.
We’re talking about Brady in 2000, not a fully developed Tom who spent every Tuesday for the last two decades sitting in a room breaking down film with Bill… aren’t we?

Tom going to a superteam in 2020 is akin to Lebron going to Miami and inviting his friends… instant contender.

And Bill would have been fired if Brady didn't take over and would be viewed as a HC failure.

What's your point?
Nobody knows if that team would have played better or not, Wiggins thinks they would have.

Either way Bill drafted Tom, he carried 4 QB’s on the roster (never happens), he played Tom when Drew got hurt, he kept Drew pinned to the bench despite his 100 million dollar contract and continued to despite the Brady led team getting beat by the Dolphins the following week.

This reimagining that Tom arrived in time to save Bill and he was just a passenger is fanboy nonsense. Tom didn’t appear from the mist, Bill drafted him and his coaches like Charlie Weis (already had a ring on his finger) developed him. He threw 1 TD and 1 INT in the entirety of the 2001 playoffs.

We’re talking about Brady in 2000, not a fully developed Tom who spent every Tuesday for the last two decades sitting in a room breaking down film with Bill… aren’t we?

Tom going to a superteam in 2020 is akin to Lebron going to Miami and inviting his friends… instant contender.
No one is saying Brady didn't benefit having Bill as his HC.

But Brady had the talent, it was always there. Bill and Brady were the perfect duo but act like Brady wouldn't have had success in an other organization is ludicrous.

I'm sure Bill Cower would have loved Brady had they drafted him. Kordell Stewart was a horrible QB but was the best option the Steelers had and yet Cower still took that team to Playoffs every year.

That wasn't a super team until Tom got there...hell they were 7-5 with him at one point. They were underdogs in every playoff game except the Washington one, but since he won the Superbowl now they're a superteam all of the sudden.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back