PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Barmore to IR

Those Patriots Doctors/Evaluators are something I tell ya.

He tweeted a couple of weeks ago, "almost back."

This was a setback/re-injury. Doesn't mean it was their fault.

This should've happen before the Indy Clots game. Another multiple-week waste of roster space.

At least he’ll be fresh for the final playoff push..

The league should change the rule and let it be retroactive like in baseball. If a guy's out several games and then they realize he needs more time, he shouldn't have to miss 4 more games, it should be week to week.

Talented but injury prone player.

Am I missing something? He played every game last year and, from what I can find, he played every game in college in the 2019 and 2020 season (he was a redshirt freshman in 2018). To be injury prone, don't you have to miss games in multiple years?

Am I missing something? He played every game last year and, from what I can find, he played every game in college in the 2019 and 2020 season (he was a redshirt freshman in 2018). To be injury prone, don't you have to miss games in multiple years?

Stop with the even tempered logic! Look at the user name. Has a thing for picking on guys who get injured.

Damn it....he is due back for the @Vegas game at the earliest...more likely he never travels to @Glendale the week before.

So, he is most likely probably back for the X-Mas eve game against the Bengals.....if they don't shut him down for the year by then...

This should've happen before the Indy Clots game. Another multiple-week waste of roster space.
He was listed as limited participation in practices this week. So he was almost back and suffered a setback. Couldn’t have known that before now.

Its amazing to me that as a social experiment, I haven't been able to get ONE person on this forum to label Damien Harris injury prone, other than maybe Captain Stone's implication

I've actually been keeping lots of notes and examples for a thesis about this type of stuff lol... fans just choose to give some players a free pass, and other players they choose to pile on

Sony Michel played a higher percentage of games than Harris, and everyone labels him as basically a walking injury waiting to happen... but players like Harris get an infinite free pass, with some even wanting to pay him as a free agent to stay on our roster icing up in the tub

What did Damien miss the last game with, I can't remember? Was it a tummy ache? When my 3 year old has a tummy ache, we give him a warm bubba and snuggle him on the couch. Damien, if that is what you're missing in your life to produce and stay on the field, please come over to our house and you can follow the same regiment as our 3 year old son does

Last edited:
Its amazing to me that as a social experiment, I haven't been able to get ONE person on this forum to label Damien Harris injury prone, other than maybe Captain Stone's implication

I've actually been keeping lots of notes and examples for a thesis about this type of stuff lol... fans just choose to give some players a free pass, and other players they choose to pile on

Sony Michel played a higher percentage of games than Harris, and everyone labels him as basically a walking injury waiting to happen... but players like Harris get an infinite free pass, with some even wanting to pay him as a free agent to stay on our roster icing up in the tub

What did Damien miss the last game with, I can't remember? Was it a tummy ache? When my 3 year old has a tummy ache, we give him a warm bubba and snuggle him on the couch. Damien, if that is what you're missing in your life to produce and stay on the field, please come over to our house and you can follow the same regiment as our 3 year old son does

He has a lot of soft tissue injuries, hamstring and similar. He will have limited FA offers due to his being limited to mostly running and frequent injuries as you note.

The question of whether or not some athletes are genuinely injury prone is an interesting one. Used to assume it was just a matter of luck, and in some cases it obviously is, but it does seem as though there’s a genetic component that comes into play.

This was an interesting take on it:

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back