PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Barcelona completes stunning six-goal comeback against PSG; gets congrats from Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a playoff game in the most important and prestigious club futbol tournament. For the rest of the world this will be the comeback of the year and deservedly so.
I'm from Europe and a Barca fan to boot, but what the Patriots did is incomparable.

First of all, they lost the first match three weeks ago, so they had a lot of time to get over it and prepare. Imagine if the Pats went on a three week break down 28-3 with the second game playing at Gillette. The Pats had to overcome the deficit while fighting to stay in the game mentally. Barca couldn't have played worse for 90 minutes, but they got a do-over. There's no do-over in the Super Bowl.

Most importantly, while up 4:1, with 4 minutes to go, the ref completely gifted Barca a goal, awarding a penalty for one of the worst dives you'll ever see. Without it, there's absolutely no way they would've scored two. I can't overstate how bad of a decision that was.

I'm from Europe and a Barca fan to boot, but what the Patriots did is incomparable.

First of all, they lost the first match three weeks ago, so they had a lot of time to get over it and prepare. Imagine if the Pats went on a three week break down 28-3 with the second game playing at Gillette. The Pats had to overcome the deficit while fighting to stay in the game mentally. Barca couldn't have played worse for 90 minutes, but they got a do-over. There's no do-over in the Super Bowl.

Most importantly, while up 4:1, with 4 minutes to go, the ref completely gifted Barca a goal, awarding a penalty for one of the worst dives you'll ever see. Without it, there's absolutely no way they would've scored two. I can't overstate how bad of a decision that was.

Two different sports, can't be compared.

Also the Neymar goal was fantastic.

Should it have been mentioned on Fox sports?

Was it a big playoff game or for the world championship or just a regular season game?

If it was just a regular season game, it's not that big of a deal compared to what the Patriots pulled off

It's poverty ball. An activity played in the irrelevant regions of the world

Why would it be mentioned on our sports networks

Two different sports, can't be compared.

Also the Neymar goal was fantastic.

It's not about the difference in sports. We've had football matches where a team goes down 3:0, then wins, like Liverpool 2005, something that would be comparable to the SB.

You can't compare a comeback when a team plays an absolutely dire game from beginning to end, loses 4:0 then gets another match to fix things.

Yes, Neymar's goal was fantastic but Barca won the duel because the ref was incompetent:

ODVRATNA GLUMA I SRAMOTNI PENAL Suarez je trebao biti kažnjen drugim žutim, a ne nagrađen penalom - Sport - Index.hr

If Cavani scores his second goal where he's through and alone in front of Ter Stegen the game is over. This save is comparable to the Flowers sack.

Can't rank this comeback too high because of the massive role the ref played by calling that joke of a penalty. PSG played like they were afraid, but they still got robbed by the ref. It's refs like these that hurt the game since they encourage acting jobs.

Didn't watch it.....

Was too busy watching Benfica blow away a 1-0 aggregate lead and lose 4-0:mad:

Can't rank this comeback too high because of the massive role the ref played by calling that joke of a penalty. PSG played like they were afraid, but they still got robbed by the ref. It's refs like these that hurt the game since they encourage acting jobs.

Yes, Neymar's goal was fantastic but Barca won the duel because the ref was incompeten

Yeah, sure.. the team that conceived 6 goals in total and was essentially up by 3 at the 88th minute got "robbed" by the refs. By that logic the Falcons got robbed by the refs in the SB because they didn't call the double face mask between Ryan and San which would have wiped out the holding on Long.

Maybe Paris should have actually completed more than 4 passes in the last ~ 10 minutes of the game. And by the way 3 of those passes came from kickoffs.

Also didn't hear a single word about the ref in the first matchup in Paris that let Paris get away with many brutal challenges without bookings. What a bunch of crap. You guys sound like Tomlin after a loss.

Barcelona conning referees again. But the story has to be the terrible defensive display from PSG. Throughout the entire game.

Someone made a lot of money with those bets. Gotta love modern f$$tba$$.

We have the GOAT and they have the next GOAT (Messi).

Also didn't hear a single word about the ref in the first matchup in Paris that let Paris get away with many brutal challenges without bookings. What a bunch of crap. You guys sound like Tomlin after a los
sorry. But if you think what suarez did is part of the game and justifiable. You're part of the problem. Neymar also spent his evening conning. His pass for the goal the only exquisite moment of the game.

It's poverty ball. An activity played in the irrelevant regions of the world

Why would it be mentioned on our sports networks

Class act...

I would agree with you but then we'd both be wrong

The reason for Barcelona comeback was 2 penalty kicks as gifts. The second one after the 90th minute was ridiculous. Just after it happened the ref decided to extend the game for another 5 minutes to give them a chance. The reason for Barca comeback was money the UEFA would have lost having the most popular franchise in the world out of the competition.

The reason for Barca comeback was money the UEFA would have lost having the most popular franchise in the world out of the competition.
Several TV commentators called the original added time as 3 mins too.

We have the GOAT and they have the next GOAT (Messi).

Next GOAT?

LOL

PELÉ 24 years old

405 goals - 308 matches (1.31) - SANTOS
43 goals - 42 matches - BRASIL (1.02)

MESSI 24 years old

243 goals - 341 matches (0.76) - BARCELONA
24 goals - 73 matches - ARGENTINA (0.33)

Best avg goals x matches:

Pele: 1.41 - 75 goals - 53 matches
Messi: 1.30 - 86 goals - 66 matches

Next GOAT?

LOL

PELÉ 24 years old

405 goals - 308 matches (1.31) - SANTOS
43 goals - 42 matches - BRASIL (1.02)

MESSI 24 years old

243 goals - 341 matches (0.76) - BARCELONA
24 goals - 73 matches - ARGENTINA (0.33)

Best avg goals x matches:

Pele: 1.41 - 75 goals - 53 matches
Messi: 1.30 - 86 goals - 66 matches

in an era when players where not protected like today. speaks volumes

in an era when players where not protected like today. speaks volumes
Haha And I'm sure the rules for American football have remained the same, huh?

I'm not going to get into a debate over this because I don't care enough. I like soccer but hardly would call myself passionate enough to debate anything. Brasilpat... I would expect an answer like that. Pele was amazing. So is Messi. That's all I care about honestly. Lol

The second penalty was utter BS. Marquinos literally touched Suarez and he collapsed. The judge was completely overwhelmed for 90 minutes. Doesn't excuse PSG, though

Totally disagree. He reached over and grabbed him across the chest. I thought he deserved a red card because he was the last defender. I also thought Suarez was sure to score right there if he wasn't grabbed and held up. I don't blame him for going down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back