PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Back from Colts Land. They are never going to win a Superbowl...

Status
Not open for further replies.
mtbykr said:
Hypocrites-----------in what way? Please explain!

There was a PI in the first half on samuel---garbage and competely changed the game. pats had all the momentum and denver had yet to do anything on O--then that call and 7 points. false start on the donkey's on the 50yard FG that barley made it was not called (although they had no problem calling FS on NE all night long) Fumble by hobbes---well if the calls had been made corectly he wouldn't have been fielding the ball. baily's fumble. Whiel there is no video shot from the goaline (becuase the NFL doesn't want that) baily went out of bounds and hit the pylon while fumbling with his right hand--so unless the ball went through him it went through the endzone

regarding the 2nd int--there was obvious PI and it wasn't called! Not to mention if the other calls were correct Brady wouldn't have been throwing a bomb like that! The troy brown fumble was the result of them trying to block the kick and then him going back quick to field the kick. again if the earlier correct calls were made then it's not needed there!

I am not saying the pats didn't make mistakes becuase we did and we usually don't. However i am just pointing out the fact that the bad calls played a big part of the game!

Of course you bring up the tuck rule---but it was a rule! Whether or not you like the rule, that doesn't matter it was still a rule so get over it!

So, your team wasn't good enough to recover from a call in the 1st half that made the score 10-3?

Okay. I agree. Your team wasn't good enough.

mtbykr said:
Of course you bring up the tuck rule---but it was a rule! Whether or not you like the rule, that doesn't matter it was still a rule so get over it!

Not to jump into your arguement, but the illegal contact that Polian harped on was also a rule, but many a Pat's fan has said that he had the league change the rules. So, a rule is a rule...

mtbykr said:

Which is a h*ll of a lot more defensible than a ref making up his own rules on a replay to keep the dolts in the game.

Tony Collins said:
So, your team wasn't good enough to recover from a call in the 1st half that made the score 10-3?

My team was certainly good enough to kick the sh!t out of your team in the playoffs 2 years in a row. My team was good enough to win 3 superbowls in 4 years. My team was good enough to win 10 straight in the playoffs, 21 straight overall. Your team was good enough to choke every year in the post season. Your team was good enough to whine and point fingers with every playoff loss. Your team will never be good enough to go to a superbowl, let alone win it. How is that for good enough ?

what

Tony Collins said:

Did you even read my post? This is typical troll garbage---you take one point of an argument and leave out the rest-----and you don't even get what i said right about the 1 point you comprehend :rolleyes:

The pats were not good enough sat night to recover from the refs calls and teh turnovers! Of course the dolts didn't have to try and come back from that since they were handed their game on a silver platter----and they still were not good enough to do it!

what

workhorse said:
Not to jump into your arguement, but the illegal contact that Polian harped on was also a rule, but many a Pat's fan has said that he had the league change the rules. So, a rule is a rule...

You are right, it was a rule---a rule that was not called! Unlike the tuckrule which was done correctly through instant replay. You dolt fans love to drudge up the past---even when you are wrong! If you guys are going to bring up the past, at least pick an argument where the facts are on your side!

ohh

Tony Collins said:

Ohh and thanks for not answering the question as to how i am a hypocrite! Typical you throw out crap and can't back it up!

:trolls:

It's becoming obvious that the Colts cursed themselves when Irsay moved them out of Baltimore.

Tony Collins said:
Manning did not look too good. He definitely would not have hit Champ Bailey in stride. Nice effort from # 12 to try and run him down. Must have thought he was throwing a water bottle.

Oh and BTW, how open was Branch right before Adam V. pulled a Vandy?

Well, it probably was because of all those injuries.

Whoa, to say Adam pulled a Vandy is just laughable. Adams field goal was probably a foot outside the right goal post, while Vandershank practically kicked it to the sideline. I can guarantee that if the game was on the line, Adam would have nailed that kick. I can't think of one pressure kick that Vanderjerk has ever made. I'm sure he's made a few in overtime in his career, but were they from long distances outside in the snow? I don't think so. The thing I find funny is that Vanderjaghoff has a better career field goal percentage on the road, then he does at home in a DOME

I apreciate free speech and all, but can we DO something about the damn trolls around here?

Tony Collins said:
Patriot fans = Hypocrites!!! How's that for honest ?

You guys have some stones. 5 turnovers and you lose by two TD's.

And it was a PI in the first half. For a team that benefited from the tuck rule
to cry and moan is almost funny.
TC.....

you are absolutely right. I couldn't agree more.

Attachments

• colt_fans2.jpg
    colt_fans2.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 10
mtbykr said:
You are right, it was a rule---a rule that was not called! Unlike the tuckrule which was done correctly through instant replay. You dolt fans love to drudge up the past---even when you are wrong! If you guys are going to bring up the past, at least pick an argument where the facts are on your side!

When was the tuck rule ever called? Did anyone here even know about it before that game?

actually the tuck rule was called in another game the raiders played in. I remember seeing an interview where an analyst was suprised the raiders acted like they never heard about that rule.

desi-patsfan said:
actually the tuck rule was called in another game the raiders played in. I remember seeing an interview where an analyst was suprised the raiders acted like they never heard about that rule.

It was also called in a Dallas game when Leaf was their QB early in the 2001 season.

I almost thought Peyton was gonna get over his ...ummmm... little choking problem. They were driving down the field 2nd and 2, 2 timeouts left and approx. 46 seconds (or so). And then he goes deep, for the win. Not a bad throw, but he had no business neglecting the first down in that situation, he lost site of the big picture. I think he let the emotion of the "freakish" Bettis fumble and the roaring crowd cloud his judgement. I seemed liked Pitt. at that moment would have gladly traded a first down for more time off the clock and an Indy timeout. Has the media talked much about this aspect of the game cause it hasn't been mentioned on NFL network when I have seen it. I think because vandy missed the kick by so much Mannings brain cramp has flown under the radar. If a QB of my team did this I would have a hard time ever trusting those types of decisions with him ever again. I have a few good friends who are Indy fans and the subject is not even a concern for them, they think Peyton can do no wrong. Numbers blinded a lot of us to Bledsoe, but at least he got us to a SuperBowl (actually two), I know i had trouble trusting Drew after the Pitt. playoff game when he threw the ball right at the Defensive lineman for a pick and a TD. I wonder if Colts fans will start to doubt Peyton.

Calhoun44 said:
I almost thought Peyton was gonna get over his ...ummmm... little choking problem. They were driving down the field 2nd and 2, 2 timeouts left and approx. 46 seconds (or so). And then he goes deep, for the win. Not a bad throw, but he had no business neglecting the first down in that situation, he lost site of the big picture. I think he let the emotion of the "freakish" Bettis fumble and the roaring crowd cloud his judgement. I seemed liked Pitt. at that moment would have gladly traded a first down for more time off the clock and an Indy timeout. Has the media talked much about this aspect of the game cause it hasn't been mentioned on NFL network when I have seen it. I think because vandy missed the kick by so much Mannings brain cramp has flown under the radar. If a QB of my team did this I would have a hard time ever trusting those types of decisions with him ever again. I have a few good friends who are Indy fans and the subject is not even a concern for them, they think Peyton can do no wrong. Numbers blinded a lot of us to Bledsoe, but at least he got us to a SuperBowl (actually two), I know i had trouble trusting Drew after the Pitt. playoff game when he threw the ball right at the Defensive lineman for a pick and a TD. I wonder if Colts fans will start to doubt Peyton.

By going for the long TD, instead of getting the first down, and moving closer for the first down (the team thing to do), Peyton showed he just wanted all the glory and adulation. If he had moved 5-10 yards closer it would have made Vandershanks kick so much easier. But no, Goober wanted all the glory.

Calhoun44 said:

I saw this drive/situation discussed last night (I think it was the NFL station) and conclusion was pretty much the same. Couldn't really say the throw to the ez on 2nd down was a bad call, but way wrong on the 3rd down pass! They pointed out that Edge was open for the short gain for the 1st down!

workhorse said:
When was the tuck rule ever called? Did anyone here even know about it before that game?

I can't remember what game it was, but that same year the tuck rule was used against the Patriots during the regular season. It has gone against the Patriots a few times since. I think that everyone remembers that call just because of it being used in a close playoff game.

It'll be interesting to see how intelligent Colts fans react to this situation

If ever there was a year the Colts should have won, this was it... all key players healthy... home field advantage trhoughout the playoffs... no more excuses about playing in adverse conditions etc...

They are 0-0 again for 2006, with a lot of uncertainty about resigning key players, as well as the uncertainty of what life without a CBA will be like in the NFL

Above all that intelligent Colts fans should be asking whether their head coach, assistant coaches, QB and others are really up to the task of winning when the games count

They've been in denial about this for quite awhile, insisting that their 3-6 playoff record indicates that indeed they CAN win the big games, but a rational observer knows otherwise

Calhoun44 said:

I think it's fine to go for the endzone on second down. If they score, you would never question it saying even though they scored they really should have just gone for the first down. I think the third down play is where they should have gone for the first. But the fact that they didn't doesn't mean they "lost site (or sight) of the big picture." It means that they had confidence in their kicker to be able to make a 45 yard field goal or however long it was. Was going for it the wrong choice? In hindsight, yes. I said as much when I sat back down in my seat. But if they would have scored the touchdown or made the fieldgoal, you wouldn't be questioning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back