PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Awards night {Update: Matt Ryan MVP}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jerry Jones is in the HOF?? Am I missing something, WTF has he ever done??

He let Jimmy Johnson build a team good enough to win three super bowls. Fired him after two. Drifted to the third and has been dry ever since.

That's what you're missing.

Brown, Sayers, Payton, Sanders, Smith, ****erson, Faulk, Campbell.

While Tomlinson is sulking on the sidelines, tell me which 4 is he better than.

All of them but Brown and Sanders, and one guy you're missing: OJ Simpson.

Tomlinson was a no-brainer first ballot selection, regardless of whether he said something mean about the Patriots once.

this honors show is so stupid and made up

Unless it truly is the passer rating award, I don't think a player who choked as hard and as often as Matt Ryan should win the MVP. With <5 minutes to play in the fourth quarter of close games, he was as bad as I've ever seen. 4 and outs, interceptions, you name it. The man lost to Alex Smith by throwing a pick 6 on a two point conversion--I must admire how creatively he choked that game away. In close games, he could not put teams away, and he could not score when his team needed it most. The only time he came through all year was in the first GB game--but keep in mind it was against GB's defense.

Overall, he choked in 5 out of 6 close games. And watch the games--HE INDIVIDUALLY choked, you can hardly blame the defense in any of them. If you throw an interception in the 4 minutes on the 50 yard line when the other team needs a FG to win, you deserve to lose. When the defense gets you the ball back with 2 minutes left after you put them in that situation and you go 4 and out, you deserve to lose.

Unless it truly is the passer rating award, I don't think a player who choked as hard and as often as Matt Ryan should win the MVP. With <5 minutes to play in the fourth quarter of close games, he was as bad as I've ever seen. 4 and outs, interceptions, you name it. The man lost to Alex Smith by throwing a pick 6 on a two point conversion--I must admire how creatively he choked that game away. In close games, he could not put teams away, and he could not score when his team needed it most. The only time he came through all year was in the first GB game--but keep in mind it was against GB's defense.

Overall, he choked in 5 out of 6 close games. And watch the games--HE INDIVIDUALLY choked, you can hardly blame the defense in any of them. If you throw an interception in the 4 minutes on the 50 yard line when the other team needs a FG to win, you deserve to lose. When the defense gets you the ball back with 2 minutes left after you put them in that situation and you go 4 and out, you deserve to lose.

It is the MVP of the 2016 regular season and over those 16 games he has the cumulative stats to be a deserving MVP. Definitely more so than Zeke, Dak or Rodgers. Now if Brady wasn't suspended and had 10-12 more Touchdowns with the same/better INT ratio you'd see a different result.

Ultimately there is only one honor that really matters, and we will see who gets it tonight. My money is on the Patriots to hoist the Lombardi .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents