PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Awards night {Update: Matt Ryan MVP}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan had the better year. Not sure why this is upsetting...

Not specifically taking this season into consideration but 20 years from now Tom Brady's resume may have only two regular season MVP awards and someone is going to have to explain why Brett Favre has more.

It won't be a negative against Brady, but it WILL be used as evidence that the MVP award isn't all it's cracked up to be.

You just know the Walter Payton man of the year award is a joke when one of the former recipients is a sexual predator and one of the newest recipient says he doesn't condone domestic violence but then doesn't stand up when one of his own teammates is an offender. I totally switch channels when that award was the topic of the awards.

Edit: Now that I think of it, maybe that award is not a joke, Walter Payton pouted because he didn't get a TD in the Superbowl. So maybe they have been awarding the right people with the award. Definitely not a Man of the year award. Shameful!

I am sorry but Jack Del Rio deserved the coach of the year award. That team was total **** for well over a decade and he turned that franchise around big time.
Obviously BB would win it every year, but outside of him I think JDR deserved it this year. What a joke!

Other than that I am okay with Matt Ryan winning the MVP award, he had a wonderful season, If you hate it then you are not a true NFL fan and are ignorant.

Obviously I wanted TB to get it, but I am totally okay with Matt Ryan getting it because his stats were really good...

Other than that I am happy for Larry Fitzgerald getting the Walter Payton award this year. That guy has been a class act his whole career.
Much respect to both Olsen and Eli and what they do for their communities, obviously other players do the same too, but the above stand out a bit more.

I do think Offensive Rookie of the year should have gone to Zeke over Dak...but either way its fine...

Did anyone notice how Jason Garrett was smiling for the camera and looking directly at the camera when the host was sitting in between Warren Moon and Joe Namath?

What is he, a cheerleader? lolo_O

I was really worried that we were going to see some weird split that gave Rodgers the MVP with 20 votes. I'm glad to see that only two voters bought the "called his shot" storyline.

Did anyone notice how Jason Garrett was smiling for the camera and looking directly at the camera when the host was sitting in between Warren Moon and Joe Namath?

What is he, a cheerleader? lolo_O

How do you think he's kept his job all these years?

Based on the results in recent years, Coach of the Year actually means "Coach On a Previously .500 or Below Team That Did Well This Year."

BB should win it just about every year. The fact he doesn't proves it's a farce.

Congrats to Ryan though, thought him and Brady were both deserving and I can see how Atlanta's inferior D and Ryan playing more games could edge voters in his favour.

Where can I find the vote tally for all the awards?

Well deserved, great season.

Ryan had the better year. Not sure why this is upsetting...

Pick 6 and a pick 2 to LOSE you a game in a 16 game schedule?

Automatic disqualifier.

lolololol Tomlinson is easily one of the 5 best running backs to ever play
Brown, Sayers, Payton, Sanders, Smith, ****erson, Faulk, Campbell.

While Tomlinson is sulking on the sidelines, tell me which 4 is he better than.

Last edited:
Let me vent:

1. Have no problem with Ryan getting the MVP - He had a great year, greater numbers and he's new. I'm sure given the choice, Brady would much rather get the MVP for tomorrows game than the league MVP.

2. LT over Ty Law is a complete travesty. LT was an excellent RB, but never elevated his team to more wins, and SD reflected this during his tenure, and his time with the Jets as well. Law on the other hand made huge plays all during his career but more importantly in the playoffs and in the superbowl.

3. Garrett was the HC of a team that had to start a 4th round rookie at QB, a rookie a RB, didn't have Dez Bryant for part of this year, and pretty much a no name defense with lots of injuries and suspensions on that side and managed 13 wins.

That being said, he's the NFC HC I'd most like to see in a superbowl. That would a huge mismatch for us. We all know that BB's the HCOY every year, and are comforted by the knowledge that he couldn't care less about this award. And its amazing he got as many votes as he did from those mediot assh*les who by and large can't stand him, because he won't do their jobs for them.

4. Jerry Jones in the HOF???? Are you kidding me. WTF had he done, besides glom on to Jimmy Johnson's hard work and win some superbowls in the 90's, and then essentially lead the league in mediocrity and disappointment for the next 15 years until this year. Did he get in for the cool party bus, or that he took the most public money to build his mostrosity to ostentation.

So tell me WTF has Jerry Jones CONTRIBUTED to the NFL that puts him in the HOF, while Kraft isn't even nominated. Now I'm not saying Kraft should be in, but compared to Jones his contributions to the league actually go far beyond the fact of the Pats success, that he built his stadium on his own dime, turned the least valuable team into the 2nd most valuable team, did most of the work on the TV deal, and pretty much saved football in 2011. So can anyone tell me what Jones' contributions to the league were? Really, I'd like to know. It would seem to me that if an owner was going in, I think Kraft would be an obvious choice over Jones.

5 Finally all these freakin' awards and HOF selections are judged and voted on by the same mediots who happily gave us deflategate, and happily spread Goodell's lies. A lot of them, like Ron Borges, are egotisic self promoters who have their own agendas they follow. So really, how valid are their selections in reality, and why should we care when we know that it ultimately is a popularity contest and as we know, Pats players and coaches aren't very popular right now.

In this thread about two or three pages back.

Edit: Page 8

Looking at Rosenthal's Comeback player of the year voting tally, Top 3 was Jordy Nelson, Cameron Wake, and Dennis Pitta. And who do they show? Nelson, Wake, and Bell.

That's how you know this award show is a joke!

I'm completely cool with LT, Taylor and Andersen. Would scrap Warner, Davis, Easley, and Jones for TO, Mawae, Dawkins, and Law though IMO

Brown, Sayers, Payton, Sanders, Smith, ****erson, Faulk, Campbell.

While Tomlinson is sulking on the sidelines, tell me which 4 is he better than.
faulk sayers and Campbell. For sayers and Campbell longevity counts. Faulk was a similar rb. Similar yardage Tomlinson had a boatload more TDs. That's 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes