PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Available free agents not drafted

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, every NFL talent assessor determined that Maehl (whom I like, but I like gutty little white guys who play WR) wasn't worthy of being drafted. If someone thought he was sure NFL starting caliber someone would have drafted him. I guess time will tell if Toys or professional NFL talent assessors, you know guys like BB, are correct.

Has dabrunz brainwashed you as well? I said Maehl or someone else! gave me a better comfort zone. I beg of you. Please read my e-mails. Don't go mindless on what the disturbed guy said. I love to get him going anyway and listen to him whine and speak his (me, me, me, I,I,I,) NFL scripture and pound on his chest as to how good he is. I love it when he gets on unsuspecting posters with his B.S. and orders them to do his work.

Please understand that these forums are for entertainment and fun. It is one's opinion that one can express. We don't have that option with dabrunz. He really thinks he has all the other posters when it comes to superior knowledge.

Do I stand by my statement that I think I (notice the noun) think I have more comfort with Maehl of someone else than Tate? Yes. I guess I am lying according to dabrunz. I am confused as to what though.

He wins the "Great Tate Debate". Enough on this crap. He can put another scalp on the belt that holds up is nifty corduroys mom just washed.

If dabrunx wants to put words in my mouth fine.

I also think BB is not the top player evaluator in the NFL and I stand by that. Best coach ever though. This ought to be good how your good buddy dabrunz twists this.

I am just saying. You're smart. Think for yourself.

This thread really went south.

Taking odds on how many times a week dabrunz got beat up in grade school for being a very pleasant know it all. I'll start at once a week at 2 to 1 odds. Any takers?
DW Toys

DW, we just think you're rushing to judgment is all.

Recently, ESPN had a complimentary write-up on Jacoby Ford, citing his ability to contribute multiple ways to help his team win. He had 3 return TDs, caught 25 passes for 470 yards and 2 TDs. He was a raw speedster who was a very unpolished WR (he finished with similar production to Taylor Price, despite Price playing in a very run-oriented offense), but he's improved steadily and become a key part of that team.

Meanwhile, in Tate's first full year, he had 2 return TDs, caught 24 passes for 432 yards and 3 TDs. He caught 53% of his targets compared to 46% for Ford. Yet we're ready to run him out of town.

I'm not suggesting Tate will be a #1 WR. But in terms of production, he's not that bad for the 5th target in the passing game. Yes, he could be upgraded. I'm not convinced any UDFA could take his job though.

Thank you for your retort. Please. I do not want to run him out of town. Dabrunz said that. I said IN MY OPINION he was not a starting NFL WR and there are others that I would be more comfortable with. I think he is a #4 or #5 WR. Am I wrong to say that as my opinion?

I say again in my opinion, that there are others I have a comfort with.
As it in my opinion, yes I would say that I would rather have Maehl than Tate.

Why do I have to change my opinion for some poster who thinks his opinion is superior to yours and mine?

DW Toys

Thank you for your retort. Please. I do not want to run him out of town. Dabrunz said that. I said IN MY OPINION he was not a starting NFL WR and there are others that I would be more comfortable with. I think he is a #4 or #5 WR. Am I wrong to say that as my opinion?

I say again in my opinion, that there are others I have a comfort with.
As it in my opinion, yes I would say that I would rather have Maehl than Tate.

Why do I have to change my opinion for some poster who thinks his opinion is superior to yours and mine?

DW Toys

Sorry, didn't mean to make you the poster boy for the anti-Tate club :rofl: But there are many who would like to cut him. Just as there were some who wanted Cassel over Brady. And some who wanted to fire BB during the draft.

I'm not saying you're not right either about Tate, mind you. It's just that it is so early to evaluate what Tate will be. To give up on the kid after his first full season seems silly. There are many who wanted to cut Brace after a disappointing rookie season, but he improved quite a bit.

So long as Tate continues to improve and work hard and realize more of his potential, we can't really say for sure what he'll be. And the minute he stops improving, BB will have to make a call on that. I just think it's too early to tell.

I'm not opposed to taking a flyer on Maehl either. But I think it's a bit much to expect him to become the #3 or #4 WR on the team. Not saying it's impossible, just difficult to envision. But he could be a good developmental guy on the PS even if he doesn't make the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back