PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Atlanta sports talk media is really messed up now

blank2.0.gif
Really think about it for a second. How the hell did a team blow a 28-3 lead in a superbowl...

Whenever I see these gifs, I feel bad. Slightly. Because, ya know….we’ve had out heartbreaks too. Then I remember all of the dancing, lack of any respect, the audacity to think it was in the bag. Then I squint my eyes a little bit. Nod my head and internally say “**** you guy.” and remember how incredible that comeback was.

The Braves win must feel good. But I wonder if Braves fans and Falcons fans are slightly different segments. Maybe not.

I used to live there.

When I was there it sort of leaned to being a college sports town. U of Georgia is in Athens about and hour away and Georgia Tech downtown. GT used to be good at football and basketball. There was a fierce rivalry. Naturally, the SEC is the biggest show in town. Where you went to school sort of dictates allegiances NCAA wise. No GT alum that I ever saw hoped that UGA would win. In fact, their other favorite team was the team playing UGA that weekend. Both schools believe that Nick Saban is the devil.

Pro sports wise, the Falcons training camp was a ghost town when I visited. The Braves didnt draw big until they began to win. So many residents are transplants in Atlanta and they more or less remain loyal to their home teams.

Of all those great pitchers we had during that run in the 90's Maddux was The Man. He couldn't over power guys, but he could paint the corners like no one else. He was so freaking accurate is was a joy to watch him pitch and watch guys at the plate just shake their head when he struck them out!
I was lucky enough to have great seats to see Maddux pitch at Wrigley in 2004 or 2005. They were terrible so I got seats right behind their dugout for almost nothing. Got to see Nomar, too!

I don't know why, but I hate Atlanta sports teams. I should pity them.

Whenever I see these gifs, I feel bad. Slightly. Because, ya know….we’ve had out heartbreaks too. Then I remember all of the dancing, lack of any respect, the audacity to think it was in the bag. Then I squint my eyes a little bit. Nod my head and internally say “**** you guy.” and remember how incredible that comeback was.

I've ragged on him here for other reasons, but one thing for which I admire Bob Kraft - and those who attend home games and have attended POs & SBs can confirm or modify - is that I have never seen him on the field whenever the game is even slightly in doubt... Heck I really don't recall seeing him on the field at all, really...

Last edited:
I don't. There is nothing better than seeing teams celebrate and thinking they have something won and it gets ripped away. I watched those Seattle videos of fans the moment Wilson threw the pick about 500 million times. Beast mode, Beast mode, Beas.....wha? Wait...what happened?

I used to live there.

When I was there it sort of leaned to being a college sports town. U of Georgia is in Athens about and hour away and Georgia Tech downtown. GT used to be good at football and basketball. There was a fierce rivalry. Naturally, the SEC is the biggest show in town. Where you went to school sort of dictates allegiances NCAA wise. No GT alum that I ever saw hoped that UGA would win. In fact, their other favorite team was the team playing UGA that weekend. Both schools believe that Nick Saban is the devil.

Pro sports wise, the Falcons training camp was a ghost town when I visited. The Braves didnt draw big until they began to win. So many residents are transplants in Atlanta and they more or less remain loyal to their home teams.

I was lucky enough to have great seats to see Maddux pitch at Wrigley in 2004 or 2005. They were terrible so I got seats right behind their dugout for almost nothing. Got to see Nomar, too!

I don't know why, but I hate Atlanta sports teams. I should pity them.

So glad the NHL is out of Atlanta, hopefully for good.

Now if they could only move/disband the franchises in Sunrise FL, Glendale AZ, LV NV and of course Exit 16W...

those videos of the fans celebrating their not to happen superbowl victories in Seattle and Atlanta will never get old.
Seattle because victory was snatched away like Lucy pulling back the football on Charlie Brown at the last second.
Atlanta because it was death by a thousand cuts, as the Pats just kept cutting into the deficit.

Really think about it for a second. How the hell did a team blow a 28-3 lead in a superbowl...
Because like their stupid owner, they were celebrating before the game was over!

Back then I was a die hard Falcons fan, we had a group of fellow fans over to watch the game. Everyone was high fiving each other at halftime and in the 3rd and early 4th quarter. I kept telling everyone to slow down, the game is not over and after all we are the Falcons! No one would listen to me and they were celebrating until Patriots were within 8.

The stupid OC, Shanahan, thought he had it won and wanted to put an exclamation on the victory by having Ryan pass there at the end of game rather than run the ball and run out the clock and make the Patriots use their time outs.

It's hard to believe that these people making millions of dollars were so stupid and that this school principal could have called a better series than any of them!!

I've ragged on him here for other reasons, but one thing for which I admire Bob Kraft - and those who attend home games and have attended POs & SBs can confirm or modify - is that I have never seen him on the field whenever the game is even slightly in doubt... Heck I really don't recall seeing him on the field at all, ever...

To be fair, all of our Super Bowls have been really close games. He's never really had a chance to jump the gun on a big lead.

The Braves win must feel good. But I wonder if Braves fans and Falcons fans are slightly different segments. Maybe not.
No they are.

go to the hood, you’d have no clue they even won. You’ll also see TVs on porches playing falcons pissing away games. It’sa segmented city.

Because like their stupid owner, they were celebrating before the game was over!

Back then I was a die hard Falcons fan, we had a group of fellow fans over to watch the game. Everyone was high fiving each other at halftime and in the 3rd and early 4th quarter. I kept telling everyone to slow down, the game is not over and after all we are the Falcons! No one would listen to me and they were celebrating until Patriots were within 8.

The stupid OC, Shanahan, thought he had it won and wanted to put an exclamation on the victory by having Ryan pass there at the end of game rather than run the ball and run out the clock and make the Patriots use their time outs.

It's hard to believe that these people making millions of dollars were so stupid and that this school principal could have called a better series than any of them!!
good read here...

The South is college sports. Pure and simple. In Georgia, it is HSFB on Fridays and UGA football on Saturdays. The other 5 days are to discuss what happened on those 2 days. We have the SEC Network, the ACC Network, print media leads with the college game nearly all the time. Biggest radio/TV show is Paul Finebaum. You might watch the Falcons, Panthers, Braves etc but people ARE a Clemson Tiger, a South Carolina Gamecock, a Georgia Bulldog. It is all Roll Tide and War Eagle, Death Valley and the Swamp.

DeVonta Smith catching the 2nd and 26 bomb from Tua vs UGA broke far more hearts than the Patriots comeback (at least in Georgia)

Patriots just showed the Falcons how NOT to blow a 25 point lead!! That 25-0 score line is just PERFECT for that reason because it mirrors the Superbowl but in reverse! This is how you PUT AWAY a game, Atlanta!! :excited: ;)

Boston Sports Media is messed up and has been messed up for a long while now. Let's not go criticizing other city's sports media until we clean up our own. (The only way to do that is don't give them clicks and listens).

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back