PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

As the game is getting closer, more people are jumping on the Jags bandwagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Boy as the week went on people are really jumping on the Jags bandwagon..

Marcellus Weily
Meter from EEI

Someone said Deion Sanders, but I cant confrirm that, since he is hoping for a Colts/Pats rematch

not to mention to Jermey Green the guy who picked the Jags from the start..

I thought the Jags would be tough, but I dont think the Jags stand a chance.. We have come to far, and we have a date with destiny against the Colts next week.. If Pitt who had no running game, almost beat them, and despite our age at LB, our defense is much better than thiers.. Bottom Line lets get this game started, 34 hrs to go, and it cant get here soon enough..

They are doing it for the attention if they had to bet money they wold not be doing it.

Meter from EEI

Oh, come on. That's a total set-up. What do you think when the host talk about "show prep"? They'll always have one guy who will take the other side no matter how silly or just plain insane it is. It makes for good theater and good radio.

D&C's first caller today called them out on it and they shouted him down and hung up on him.

GOOD, they can stay there too. The team won 16 friggin games and all I hear is how much our defense sucks and how SOFT our team is. Face it fellas, we suck. 16 and 0 is a mirage. Brady sucks, the WRs suck, the RBs suck, the TEs suck, the O-line sucks, the D-line sucks, the Linebackers Stink/and are to old to play, and the DBs well JUST FLAT OUT SUCK.
WE SUCK. We didn't win 16 games. WE SUCK IN ALL 3 PHASES OF THE GAME. Just accept it and move on. :rolleyes:

The game is being hyped so people watch. Even Marino on Inside the NFL told those who jumped on the Jags bandwagon "it's time to jump off." There will be probably six or seven so-called experts picking the Jags so they can say "I told you so" if there is an upset. Everybody except the Pats and Jags are looking to a Colts-Pats rematch.

I will say this , I miss the no respect thing...:D

Personally, I hope every one of them ****ers jumps ship and drowns. I hate band wagoners.

I will say this for Marcellus. He did play for the Jags once, so it may be personal, a bit.

God, how many times has this happened in the past year....people start flipping against the pats and then get humiliated when the opposing team gets blown out...the green goblin was right when he said, "More then everything, they love to see the hero fail" (spiderman 1)

The game is being hyped so people watch.

Yes indeedy. Colts-Chargers is a compelling tv event -- the Chargers won their earlier matchup, they're loaded with big-name talent, etc. Pats-Jags just isn't that good. 16-O vs. a wildcard team that barely squeaked past the Parker-less Steelers...and the casual fan probably can't name 2 guys on the whole Jacksonville team. So you create an illusion of intrigue by building up the underdog. No big deal.

Boy as the week went on people are really jumping on the Jags bandwagon..

Marcellus Weily
Meter from EEI

Someone said Deion Sanders, but I cant confrirm that, since he is hoping for a Colts/Pats rematch

not to mention to Jermey Green the guy who picked the Jags from the start..

I thought the Jags would be tough, but I dont think the Jags stand a chance.. We have come to far, and we have a date with destiny against the Colts next week.. If Pitt who had no running game, almost beat them, and despite our age at LB, our defense is much better than thiers.. Bottom Line lets get this game started, 34 hrs to go, and it cant get here soon enough..

Meterpareil is that show's designated contrarian. I imagine in his personal life he roots for the Boston teams, but his role on the show is a foil in a lot of ways.

He talks down all the boston sports teams on the show (except BC, which he talks up because the other guys don't care about BC)

God, how many times has this happened in the past year....people start flipping against the pats and then get humiliated when the opposing team gets blown out...the green goblin was right when he said, "More then everything, they love to see the hero fail" (spiderman 1)

I don't know if anyone caught the Willie McGinest interview ... He said the Jags are a good team but it will be very, very difficult to beat NE (interpretation - mission impossible for them)...

Well, the Pats are the champions this year and everyone who faces them is an underdog, like it or not.... It is natural that the media will try to boost the chances of the underdog team, as it will get more people to watch TV when this airs on Saturday....

Anyway, I'll be at the game.... I prefer live football anyday to TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye