PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Article on Patriots' Elite Man-Match Cover1 Defensive Scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bentley probably is a better runstopper than van noy- but that's ALL he does while kvn did many things and did them well.
Your question is still idiotic.

I did. Van Noy and Bentley play completely different positions, have completely different skill-sets and completely different skill levels.
Einstein.

Yep, and the post I replied to stated Bentley would be better against the run than Van Noy. Thus the reason for my statement. There was no differentiation between inside and outside in the post I replied to.

You're not bright...don't try to be. Stick to your strengths...rubbing mom and dad's feet so they allow you a few minutes on the computer.

Einstein.

Bentley probably is a better runstopper than van noy- but that's ALL he does while kvn did many things and did them well.
Your question is still idiotic.

It's a perfectly valid question to someone who states Bentley will be an upgrade over Van Noy. Are you intentionally this slow?

I awarded you 2 genius emojis because your posts are so moronic they actually are genius.

It's a perfectly valid question to someone who states Bentley will be an upgrade over Van Noy. Are you intentionally this slow?

I'm speechless. Is everyone in Iowa this dumb?

Any discussion about how good the Patriots defense really was in 2019 must also consider how good the Pats D was down the stretch and through the playoffs in 2018.

The 2018 defense shut out the Chiefs for a half in the AFCCG, and held them in check until Travis Kelce started pushing off J.C. Jackson with impunity and Jackson started being called for insignificant contact and good guy Andy Reid resorted to running intentional pick plays to move the ball. Then, they held a previously dynamic Rams team to a FG in the Super Bowl.

Discount the first half of last season all you want. But, look at the Chiefs loss on 12/8. The Pats D kept them in that game with very little help from their offense and some of the worst officiating you’ll ever see.

This is a darn good D. They’ve upgraded the run D personnel, so we’ll see improvement there, and they’re going to be very difficult to pass against unless they’re beset with secondary injuries as they were in the finale against the Dolphins with both J. McCourty and J. Jones out.

Well said and I’m glad you brought up that Chiefs loss. Don’t think they could of played any better on the defensive part of the ball. Still should of won it despite horrific offensive play. Refs jobbed them with the Nkeal Harry call as well as the Kelce fumble. Probably the defense’s best game of the year.

If you're speechless, just use an emoji. That's what my daughter does.

Cornshucker humor is so corny.

" Hyuck yuck ..... that's what my daughter says"

Well said and I’m glad you brought up that Chiefs loss. Don’t think they could of played any better on the defensive part of the ball. Still should of won it despite horrific offensive play. Refs jobbed them with the Nkeal Harry call as well as the Kelce fumble. Probably the defense’s best game of the year.

I agree with all these statements. There's next to nil you can criticize the 2019 defense for. You shouldn't have to play lights out, literal perfect football every game just to come close to winning. Any other year with an even middle-of-the-road Brady-led offense and that 2019 defense would've steamrolled every single team.

This is definitely a dumb statement on my part, and it's partly because I was too young to appreciate the infamous 2007 squad, but 2019 is the hardest season I have reminiscing on. That defense was so goddamn good, and we had Brady... but nothing else.

At least that secondary is still there. And we still have Gilmore leading it.

Cornshucker humor is so corny.

" Hyuck yuck ..... that's what my daughter says"

My friend, you deserve better than this. You know where to find us.

I think you're having trouble following this conversation. My bad, forgot whom I was engaging with.

You dont have a clue if there will even be a 2020 NFL season.

Besides, I bet for money and thats way out of your league son.

I haven't seen enough from Bentley to suggest he's going to be a major part of this defense.

You dont have a clue if there will even be a 2020 NFL season.

Besides, I bet for money and thats way out of your league son.

I didn't want to offer money because I doubt you'll pay up when you lose. But let me know, I'd be happy to change the stake to something more boring.

I didn't want to offer money because I doubt you'll pay up when you lose. But let me know, I'd be happy to change the stake to something more boring.

Yeah, you wagered goofy avatars because you were so confident that youd win.

Ive predicted for months that there will be an NFL season this year. Since youre in doubt ,I wager $50 on a 2020 NFL season.

Don't forget the non-call on the blatant PI on Dorsett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes