PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Article on Breitbart Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdul7

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Hello and please don't ask me to post it here because I don't know how But great article on a retired QB saying how all qbs including himself doing what Tom Brady is getting picked on. Please read it and kindly someone post it here.Thanks

Hello and please don't ask me to post it here because I don't know how But great article on a retired QB saying how all qbs including himself doing what Tom Brady is getting picked on. Please read it and kindly someone post it here.Thanks
How about a link at least?

The evidence clearly suggests that in our case nobody did anything. Thus the "everybody does it" angle isn't all that helpful, IMO. And it doesn't talk about changing the pressure after it goes to the ref.

Very interesting read, though... thanks! It shows that many refs are pretty sloppy and they do just give them a squeeze test sometimes, rather than bothering to gauge them.

Last edited:
Who cares? Espn and all the other networks got their fabricated 2000's version Shoeless Joe Jackson story already. Why spin it any other way?

This isn't getting any print time anywhere accept in New England. The attention span of America and the jealous haters stopped the moment Mortenson released his so called leak and the NyFL did nothing to correct it. **** Em.

Guys we all know that every QB in history could have done the same thing every single game, but it's only a story when a Patriots player does it...we all know that every team taped their opponents play calls, but....you know where I am going with this.

Winning is the one and only reason why the Patriots get singled out with this nonesense.

Why be anonymous? Stand up and shout it.

Because whoever does stand up and shout it knows they'll will be crucified in the media and on social media. Nobody wants to be the next target.

12 year vet? It might be Jeff Garcia. Any other possibilities?

For guys who played 12 years in the NFL
Kurt Warner ( yeah not likely), Scott Mitchell, Joe Montana, Bernie Kosar (didn't BB bench him- no love lost) and Joe Theismann.. My money would be on Joe, as he usually says positive things re TB and BB......

The evidence clearly suggests that in our case nobody did anything. Thus the "everybody does it" angle isn't all that helpful, IMO. And it doesn't talk about changing the pressure after it goes to the ref.

Very interesting read, though... thanks! It shows that many refs are pretty sloppy and they do just give them a squeeze test sometimes, rather than bothering to gauge them.

I dont think anything happened in the AFCCG. Which means all this is totally moot.

But, sure, I'm open to the idea that the deflator may have done it even in front of the refs, in a prior game. It may even have been done with referee approval.

I dont think anything happened in the AFCCG. Which means all this is totally moot.

But, sure, I'm open to the idea that the deflator may have done it even in front of the refs, in a prior game. It may even have been done with referee approval.

Good luck getting the refs to come clean with that one.

For guys who played 12 years in the NFL
Kurt Warner ( yeah not likely), Scott Mitchell, Joe Montana, Bernie Kosar (didn't BB bench him- no love lost) and Joe Theismann.. My money would be on Joe, as he usually says positive things re TB and BB......
I think it has to be a more recently retired player who played under the current rules where QBs are able to prepare the footballs the way they want them

Not necessarily. With the prior system, QBs might have also been very adamant about PSI even if they didn't prep the balls themselves.

In many ways, PSI is totally different from the 2006 changes. In those rules, it was clear they were talking about scuffing the ball.

But the PSI concern predates 2006.

I think it has to be a more recently retired player who played under the current rules where QBs are able to prepare the footballs the way they want them

Not so sure. Where there is a will there is a way.

I think what he is referring to is all the prep work that goes into getting the balls ready and how exactly TB can be. BTW - it would not surprise me that if a QB likes the balls low on the psi that they send them in at 12 knowing that for the most part the refs don't really check.

I think the whole "Anderson was so careful during the pre-game measuring" is a crock. And that whole "in 19 years nobody has ever left the officials room with the ball unless I accompany them" BS.

From the Wells Report:

Paul Galanis, who was stationed just outside the entrance to the Patriots locker room, across the corridor from the top of the center tunnel, said that it was routine for McNally to walk to the field with the game balls unaccompanied. He estimated that McNally goes to the field approximately 10% of the time with game officials and approximately 25-30% of the time with Richard Farley, and the other times he is walking by himself.

This jives exactly with what McNally said but all the NFL employees are just covering their backsides.

12 year vet? It might be Jeff Garcia. Any other possibilities?

Makes sense to me...hasn't he talked about this in the past?

None of this matters though, it's like in cameraplacementgate, no one cared when ex-coaches said 'everyone does this'. And to a degree it shouldn't matter, if a team is caught doing something illegal they should be punished accordingly. However in this case the Pats 1. weren't caught, and I'm not at all convinced they did anything since the PSI measurements support the argument that no tampering occurred; and 2. even if they did it, the penalties are way, way out of whack for what is an equipment violation.

Good read though.

I think what he is referring to is all the prep work that goes into getting the balls ready and how exactly TB can be. BTW - it would not surprise me that if a QB likes the balls low on the psi that they send them in at 12 knowing that for the most part the refs don't really check.

I think the whole "Anderson was so careful during the pre-game measuring" is a crock. And that whole "in 19 years nobody has ever left the officials room with the ball unless I accompany them" BS.

From the Wells Report:

Paul Galanis, who was stationed just outside the entrance to the Patriots locker room, across the corridor from the top of the center tunnel, said that it was routine for McNally to walk to the field with the game balls unaccompanied. He estimated that McNally goes to the field approximately 10% of the time with game officials and approximately 25-30% of the time with Richard Farley, and the other times he is walking by himself.

This jives exactly with what McNally said but all the NFL employees are just covering their backsides.

Yeah...of course Wells disregarded the accounts from the security guards because it doesn't jive with his narrative that McNally 'snuck off', even though the tapes show him walking through a bevy of officials both pre-game and at halftime.

Jeff Blake said pretty much the same thing, FWIW.

Not necessarily. With the prior system, QBs might have also been very adamant about PSI even if they didn't prep the balls themselves.

In many ways, PSI is totally different from the 2006 changes. In those rules, it was clear they were talking about scuffing the ball.

But the PSI concern predates 2006.

“I know personally because I’ve had it happen to me,” he continued. “I would tell my ball boy, who I paid $200 a week, to scrub the footballs and prepare them to present to NFL officials at 12.5 PSI. Then all of a sudden during the game when one of my footballs was introduced into [the] game by officials, and it did not feel right, I’d tell [the] official to ‘get rid of that ball.’ I would explain to [the] official, ‘What the hell did you do to that ball? It’s not what I introduced to you guys, you over inflated it.'”

It sounds like it would have to be a Quarterback who played past 2006 if they were able to scrub the balls down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down