PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Around the Horn and the natural mistakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcsully

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Why do I even watch these idiots.. They make ridiculous comments not even based on facts (surprise surprise.. )

Whats up the comments about the pats LB getting older.. Are they aware they are younger at LB?

Comparing last years players to this years players is crazy:

colvin 1977
-BOTH GONE
seau 1969

Crable 1984
Mayo 1986 -> these 3 are projected to play a lot..
Woods 1982

Our average age is MUCH YOUNGER plus we still have the added value of experience..

Now if they talked about the secondary lacking experience, I would understand but I think they way the Pats play the ZONE ZERO, we have little to worry about..

Last edited:
Why do I even watch these idiots.. They make ridiculous comments not even based on facts (surprise surprise.. )

Whats up the comments about the pats LB getting older.. Are they aware they are younger at LB?

colvin 1977
-BOTH GONE
seau 1969

Crable 1984
Woods 1982

Our average age is MUCH YOUNGER plus we still have the added value of experience..

Now if they talked about the secondary lacking experience, I would understand but I think they way the Pats play the ZONE ZERO, we have little to worry about..

you answered your own questions.

colvin 1977
-BOTH GONE
seau 1969

Crable 1984
Woods 1982

You people take the bait, hook, line and sinker! They say the things they do to drive traffic to their website, and to cause (guys like you) to rant and rave on the web......which will cause several people to tune in and see what all the fuss is about. Then, Joe Schmoe account executive, can raise spot prices during commerical breaks up to 30 grand a pop, because a record number of people are tuning in to see what they will say next. ESPN thanks you for making them money!

S*it, I wouldent be suprised if ESPN had advertisers that where targeting the Boston market, and they are saying all the crap they spew to drive up ratings in the NE area.

Last edited:
You people take the bait, hook, line and sinker! They say the things they do to drive traffic to their website, and to cause (guys like you) to rant and rave on the web......which will cause several people to tune in and see what all the fuss is about. Then, Joe Schmoe account executive, can raise spot prices during commerical breaks up to 30 grand a pop, because a record number of people are tuning in to see what they will say next. ESPN thanks you for making them money!

S*it, I wouldent be suprised if ESPN had advertisers that where targeting the Boston market, and they are saying all the crap they spew to drive up ratings in the NE area.

Isn't this the "blueprint" for Fespn, Herald, Felger and others.......it's all about the ratings, no matter how you get them.

Ratings = dollars

Felger is the Howard Stern of sports reporting...

Isn't this the "blueprint" for Fespn, Herald, Felger and others.......it's all about the ratings, no matter how you get them.

Ratings = dollars

Yes. We might hate ESPN, but they are a serious player in the world of advertising (when you are trying to reach 18 - 49 year old males). Outside of Discovery, I don't think there are many networks that can compete on sheer cume + reach when targeting a wide range of male demo's.

ESPN is a brilliant network from a money making standpoint. From the x games, to coverage of golf, you would be hard pressed to find a better way to reach males nationally.

Last edited:
Just read a good book lately called God Save The Fan by Will Leitch. In it Mr. Leitch almost devotes a chapter to the silliness that Around The Horn is. In fact he used to be a regular on the show until he got fed-up with the producers who were trying to tell him what to say.
The fact that Emmit Smith still has a job at ESPN says everything you need to know about that company.

Great.So basically they intend to sound stupid.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday