PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are you surprised the Pats haven't made any moves yet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When reached for comment regarding the possible signing of any vested veterans whose contracts would no longer be guaranteed, the Patriots front office released the following statement:

"…zzzzzz…"

I presume you are referring to the dearth of receiving options which, to be fair to pessimists, was a major factor in the AFCCG loss.... though it was still a loss in the AFCCG. :)

I think of the following year. Can't stop the run, no quality DL depth (or even starting options aside from Wilfork, frankly). Enter Branch and Siliga, stop playing Jones at 3-tech and viola! Hold Indy to 4 yards on 14 carries off the bye and the run D was never much of a problem again, with the possible exception of the playoff game against Baltimore.

That's what the "if they play like that against...!" crowd doesn't seem to understand. The body of evidence suggests that week one issues do not presist throughout the season, so they have little reason to think this disaster scenario will occur.

Most certainly receivers. We had the reanimated corpse of Collie haha.

I also think of that secondary. Was that 2013? Where like. Somehow. Every damn game. 3rd/10 a 20 yard bomb would be caught. They had Talib but the drop off from him was astoudingly bad haha. It was the most frustrating thing to watch. Man. A bad secondary is just. It's so annoying haha.

I see a move or two at the deadline depending on where they stand record and depth wise by then

Most certainly receivers. We had the reanimated corpse of Collie haha.

I also think of that secondary. Was that 2013? Where like. Somehow. Every damn game. 3rd/10 a 20 yard bomb would be caught. They had Talib but the drop off from him was astoudingly bad haha. It was the most frustrating thing to watch. Man. A bad secondary is just. It's so annoying haha.
Remember 2004? Troy Brown at CB. DBs like Earthwind Moreland, and Hank Poteat signed in the post season to cut some classes and play in the Super Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST