PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are you entertained?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I say welcome to the NFL. The Colts game and Jets game (and Rams) were very entertaining and a play here or there made all the difference.

Players always say, it is damn hard to win in the NFL. Know what they are right, the Patriots are just like every other team.

I hate the results but as a fan, these games are just incredible to watch.

Yeah, to be honest, I am entertained. I find myself pacing and shouting at the tv, as I barely ever did all last season, but used to do all the time when watching the Pats.

In some ways this feels more like my team than last year's squad.

I hate to imply that I like losing but I enjoy this season more than I enjoyed last season's 16-0. Not entertaining. And I had a feeling of dread starting at about game 5 or 6 last year although I was always confident last year about winning the AFCE.

I will have a hard time watching the Jets or Phins win the AFCE should that happen.

Last edited:
As a fan who loves the suspense of winning tight games, managing inexperienced/injured personnel, and the challenge of making the playoffs in a tight division/conference, I have found this year to be anything but boring.

The bar I was watching last nights game at exploded with Moss's TD, in a way that I don't think would have happened last year even during the Superbowl.

I couldn't agree more, last season became so tense in the quest for perfection, right now it is just kind of fun watching guys I barely know (Guyton coming up with a fumble?? who???) and seeing them learning on the job. We have flaws no doubt, but I couldn't be prouder of this team and their refusal to quit :D

Indeed,

Those who remember all those years of the 70's through the 90's will recognize last night's team. I hated seeing us lose like that last night, especially to the effin' Jets. But I was much impressed with the way the youngsters are stepping up and filling in, and how young Mr. Cassel is having the time of his life.

The Jets have to wonder about what it will take to win a game against a fully-stocked team..... :)

Last season was 10x more entertaining than this.

I loved watching our offense.

It was a once in a lifetime experience. and we had tight games too (wins versus the Giants, Ravens, etc.)

This is more or less how I remember Raymond berry's Patriots playing.

It's not about entertainment.

Absolutely entertained. Last year was great, but I found the pursuit of perfection quite nerve racking. I was almost expecting it to end like it did.

This year, it is like 2001 all over again. I think we are watching a team mature before our eyes. I know there are a few losses still to come this year, just not sure which team will deliver. Of the teams we are competing with for a playoff spot (Colts, Phins, Jets, Bills), I think the Pats have the hardest path.

I think last nights game will leave a bad taste in their collective mouths, that they won't want to experience again. They proved they can come back from the dead.......

Yeah, to be honest, I am entertained. I find myself pacing and shouting at the tv, as I barely ever did all last season, but used to do all the time when watching the Pats.

In some ways this feels more like my team than last year's squad.

You should have heard me when Watson fumbled, it took me to a dark place. I was a very angry person.

Last year was super entertaining also, don't get me wrong. This is exciting in a different way, the way I look at it is you have to learn to win, there are no moral victories. Hopefully the team is learning to win.

I prefer killing teams. I can relax and enjoy it, I felt drained after watching the Jets game. This is meant to be my entertainment!

I prefer killing teams. I can relax and enjoy it, I felt drained after watching the Jets game. This is meant to be my entertainment!

I find it comical how many here inadvertently identify themselves as frontrunning fans...

And lets face it, going 18-0 on the road to a Superbowl didn't really change the dynamic on this board all that much... Nothing is ever good enough or entertaining enough for a small but vocal minority of this fan base, many of whom are determined to post about their angst on a message board. It's at times almost enough to make the rest of us wish a couple of 1-15 seasons on them...only we realize we'd be the only ones here suffering through 'em...the vocal minority would be off to darken someone elses doorstep while enlightening their new fanmates as to how this inept franchise forced them to rethink their entertainment loyalties...

Yes, I'm very entertained. Actually - this is prolly THE most entertaining and interesting seasons I've experienced.

Of course I've been somehow down about the season start for Colts, but I'm just a big a NFL fan as I'm a Colts fan. And it's really exciting to follow the league this year :)

I find it comical how many here inadvertently identify themselves as frontrunning fans...

And lets face it, going 18-0 on the road to a Superbowl didn't really change the dynamic on this board all that much... Nothing is ever good enough or entertaining enough for a small but vocal minority of this fan base, many of whom are determined to post about their angst on a message board. It's at times almost enough to make the rest of us wish a couple of 1-15 seasons on them...only we realize we'd be the only ones here suffering through 'em...the vocal minority would be off to darken someone elses doorstep while enlightening their new fanmates as to how this inept franchise forced them to rethink their entertainment loyalties...

That was not meant to be the gist of my post. What I was trying to convey is that to a certain extent I take watching the Patriots far to seriously. Games like the Jets game affect my mood for a period afterwards from dizzying highs to a sucker punch low.

I was trying to be flippant which appears to be hard for me to convey in written form.

Last edited:
That was not meant to be the gist of my post. What I was trying to convey is that to a certain extent I take watching the Patriots far to seriously. Games like the Jets game affect my mood for a period afterwards from dizzying highs to a sucker punch low.

I was trying to be flippant which appears to be hard for me to convey in written form.

Agreed. Short posts particularly those that are flippant or ironical are easily misunderstood. We've all had it happen.

It's not about entertainment.

Well, it is and it isn't. I know that I can tremendously enjoy athletic competition even if I come out on the losing side. I can also enjoy watching great plays and tight games even if I have a very empty feeling after a close loss.

Winning is part of of it, but it truly isn't "everything" as Vince Lombardi is quoted as saying. (But you say those kinds of things when you are motivating a team; I have no problem at all with his quote knowing the purpose behind it. :) )

yah definitely. we just didnt execute when necessary. a few plays here and there and we are 8-2, instead we are 6-4 and probaly on the outside looking in. gotta execute from here on in, theres little margin for error

Yes, I am entertained, this is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye