PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are we the worst situation in the NFL right now?

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
The two teams ahead of us in the draft have loads of picks. Actually tried during free agency.

Titans could have been it, but actually tried to give their young QB weapons and added talent to the roster.

Even Carolina is going out making an effort to give their QB some weapons, and are in a weak division.

Maybe Denver? Due to their purgatory QB situation and lousy cap space as well. That’s about it.

I feel like this front office isn’t even trying. We aren’t asking them to throw out stupid money. But do something. It’s okay to overpay a little, the cap just went way up FFS. What are you saving it for?

We need more of these whiny ass threads and posts. G-d%#*!@t the angst and mental beatings must continue until morale improves!

Once again HOW DO YOU KNOW THEY ARE NOT TRYING. right now the team is one of the worst there is too much unknown for players to take a risk. wait and see this time next year after they get their QB and it works out. This FA class kind of sucked the best players got tagged and the cap cuts have not been that great either. The Pats also resigned some of their younger gusy that were good.

I’d say patriots, panthers, giants, raiders, titans, broncos

I think all these teams kinda in the same boat. You can argue we are in a better position than all of them if you think we are getting an elite qb on draft.

But I’m most pissed off at the krafts. I think they think they’re great at what they do and the only reason for their success was their luck with Brady

Once again HOW DO YOU KNOW THEY ARE NOT TRYING. right now the team is one of the worst there is too much unknown for players to take a risk. wait and see this time next year after they get their QB and it works out. This FA class kind of sucked the best players got tagged and the cap cuts have not been that great either. The Pats also resigned some of their younger gusy that were good.

Agree 100%. While I can understand why some people think they aren’t trying to win , but I believe that if you think about itt that’s just not the case. Both Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo want not only to show they really good at their jobs, but to win. Mayo was a focused intense and intelligent player, and the idea he’s just phoning it in as the coach makes no sense at all. I think they had a plan / strategy going into free agency, and a number of those options didn’t work out, so they took care of lower cost moves they wanted to get done. Bottom line for me is that Wolf and Mayo should be judged on the merits after a couple of seasons, good or bad, but I don’t believe they don’t care about putting together a really good team. They took over one of the worst team’s in football, and some are passing judgement on them3 days into the new league year.

If we don't use All our 23 cap $$$$$$ does it carry over??

The two teams ahead of us in the draft have loads of picks. Actually tried during free agency.

Titans could have been it, but actually tried to give their young QB weapons and added talent to the roster.

Even Carolina is going out making an effort to give their QB some weapons, and are in a weak division.

Maybe Denver? Due to their purgatory QB situation and lousy cap space as well. That’s about it.

I feel like this front office isn’t even trying. We aren’t asking them to throw out stupid money. But do something. It’s okay to overpay a little, the cap just went way up FFS. What are you saving it for?
To answer your initial question??
Yes GIF by Brittany Broski

They need to land some serious help at WR and both T spots to help the rookie QB who I hope plays. The FA market is drying up.

We need more of these whiny ass threads and posts. G-d%#*!@t the angst and mental beatings must continue until morale improves!

Don't know if this is what you were referencing with "beatings must continue until morale improves" but it's in one of my favorite KMFDM songs.

Don't know if this is what you were referencing with "beatings must continue until morale improves" but it's in one of my favorite KMFDM songs.

Nothing quite so interesting, I was channeling the back of one my old bike run t-shirts

If we don't use All our 23 cap $$$$$$ does it carry over??
Yes. It carries over to the following year.
The Patriots could roll over the $50M or so currently available cap space from 2024 to 2025.
There is no real limit on any one year. There is a salary floor over a four year cycle. Teams must spend 89% of their cumulative cap over four years.
The 2024 cap is $255M. So call it a billion over four years. Each team would have to spend about $900M over that four year window. So could roll forward up to $100M or so. I don’t believe any team has approached the floor.

I am sorry Joey but this post is not positive so therefore you will now be banned. You know the rules.

they were a 4 win expansion team roster last season and nothing has changed on the roster outside of signing a third down back, a jag TE, and some guy named tikitaki.... they're looking at a one or two win home slate next season

The Patriots could roll over the $50M or so currently available cap space from 2024 to 2025.
There is no real limit on any one year. There is a salary floor over a four year cycle. Teams must spend 89% of their cumulative cap over four years.
The 2024 cap is $255M. So call it a billion over four years. Each team would have to spend about $900M over that four year window. So could roll forward up to $100M or so. I don’t believe any team has approached the floor.
A few minor points here:
(1) Yes, teams can roll over cap space, but they must be pro-active about it; it doesn't happen automatically. That said, since the current roll over system was implemented in 2011, the Patriots have always rolled over 100% of their cap space.
(2) The 2020 CBA set up the cash spending windows as 2021-3, 2024-6, and 2027-30. So it's a three-year window, over which they have to spend 90% of the salary cap amount (it was 89% in the last CBA).

Is there any way the league by next year can force Kraft to spend up to the cap? The Pats might have the worst offense.

Is there any way the league by next year can force Kraft to spend up to the cap? The Pats might have the worst offense.
The NFL didn’t care when the Browns carried $50M+ in cap space (on a much lower cap) from 2016 to 2017 to 2018. The 90% cash spending over three years is the only real limitation.

we’ll f*** it. We need to find out what in the hell we have. We need to draft right this year. Hit on the first 4 picks. I say we go QB, WR, WR, TE with our first 4 picks. Then I call up Thornton and say it’s the last dance my friend, let’s see what you got. Minus an injury, Thornton, the 2 rookies and Douglas need to play a lot.

WR Room:
Bourne
2 highish draft picks
Douglas
Thornton

- Still need to talk a vet LT to come aboard. Leno???

Another major order of business is I’d get Barmore locked up. I’d offer him a million or more than what Wilson. Get this done before he goes all Aaron Donald on this league.

Get Dugger signed to an extension.

Let Shaun Wade and Marcus Jones battle for the slot position.

Gonzo and Jo Jones on the outside with Austin and M. Wilson backing up. My interest is piqued with Marco Wilson. Interested to see how he does when he doesn’t have to be the guy.

Get Mapu reps. We need to see what he’s got.

Work on Peppers extension. Bentley is fine.

Would like to build around a nucleus of Barmore, White, Bentley, Mapu, Gonzo, Dugger and Peppers

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back