PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Apple tv+ to get Sunday Ticket?

I no longer live in New England. What are my choices to pay for and watch every Patriots game and only Patriots game.
Sports bar.

Quite a few Pats games are nationally televised even without Brady. So, I might need to go to the bar 10 - 12 times and spend $25 per game with food, drink and tip. I dont have to cook or move from my seat. $300 total and I get to keep track of other games that are on too. The only caveat is that more often than not the sound is muted because of the home teams game in on.

Sign me up. I already use Apple TV+ anyway. While I highly doubt it’ll be super cheap, I bet it’ll be a lot less than DirecTV charged. I can see Apple using it as a vehicle to get subscribers and then try to keep them the rest of the year with their other offerings.

I already pay $99 a year for GamePass International and around $10 a month for a VPN for 5 months or so, so that’s roughly $150 total cost per season. I’m out of market so don’t get a lot of Pats games locally right now. If Apple’s offering is less than $150 a season and I don’t have to mess with a VPN I’ll be super pleased.

Considering the fact that Apple charges $1000-1100 for the latest iphone, I doubt that an NFL package on Apple TV would be cheap. Apple is reportedly going to pay the NFL $2.5 billion for this deal and will likely charge customers something similar to what Direct TV was charging. I am more worried about the quality of the streaming. On Direct TV, there where too many times when the system got overloaded and I had to reboot the App to make it work again.

Last edited:
They suck.

Buffering and the stream quits in the middle of the action so youve got reload the link.
Works fine for me...never a problem. Maybe it's your internet.

Considering the fact that Apple charges $1000-1100 for the latest iphone, I doubt that an NFL package on Apple TV would be cheap. Apple is reportedly going to pay the NFL $2.5 billion for this deal and will likely charge customers something similar to what Direct TV was charging. I am more worried about the quality of the streaming. On Direct TV, there where too many times when the system got overloaded and I had to reboot the App to make it work again.
Like I said, I think they’ll take a bit of a loss (at least at first) on Sunday Ticket to get subscribers. It’s Apple. As weird as it is to say, $2.5B is play money for them. They can afford to make it cheaper initially, gain subscribers and hope many of them stay and keep paying monthly, then raise the rates later. I could certainly be wrong though.

I would assume the games would stream via the Apple TV app and use the same tech. That works fine currently but I don’t think they’ve done any live stream offerings yet.

Apple is doing Friday night MLB broadcasts and they said "free for a limited time". I read it's until June 24.

Not sure what they're doing after that whether it will still be free for subscribers or whether there will be an add on tier for MLB or sports that will cost more.

Maybe Sunday Ticket will also be free for a limited time at first which still would be great.

No chance that it will be $4.99 per month. Sunday ticket was $75 each month.
I don’t think it will be $4.99 but they have more subscribers than DTV already. They may cut prices to make their platform popular than ever.

I don’t think it will be $4.99 but they have more subscribers than DTV already. They may cut prices to make their platform popular than ever.

I would think the NFL package will be an add on option for Apple TV subscribers. I hope they reduce prices by at least 50% of what Direct TV was charging.

Apple is doing Friday night MLB broadcasts and they said "free for a limited time". I read it's until June 24.

Not sure what they're doing after that whether it will still be free for subscribers or whether there will be an add on tier for MLB or sports that will cost more.

Maybe Sunday Ticket will also be free for a limited time at first which still would be great.
Generally those 'free for a limited time' labels mean free for non-subscribers. They typically put stuff up that way as teasers, first one or two episodes of shows and the like to get you to subscribe.

Reactions: sb1
So not all smart TVs can use the Apple TV app. So some will need to purchase a Roku or Firestick? More stuff. More $$

I no longer live in New England. What are my choices to pay for and watch every Patriots game and only Patriots game.

been tryin to tell y’all for years. YouTubeTV, spoof your location from an android tablet, cast to TV. That simple.

So not all smart TVs can use the Apple TV app. So some will need to purchase a Roku or Firestick? More stuff. More $$
I’m guessing it will Become more universal
I have 6 fire sticks 4 chrome casts a Apple TV a nvidia shield pro and 5 smart TVs 4 PlayStations 3 Xboxes I think they call can use Apple TV.
What smart devices do you have?

Reddit Streams. NFL has enough $.
Seriously....my dad is 86 and uses this religiously for years with no issues. The NFL already has a trillion $...why are you giving them more? Fight me.

These streaming services spend billions a year for content. Netflix spends a fortune making movies with A list celebrities that cost nearly as much as Marvel movies do. So I don't seen Apple making the Sunday Ticket a much more of a premium cost to get if they make it an additional cost at all. I could see it being an extra $5-10 a month for access, but not much more than that.

DirecTV used the Sunday Ticket as a loss leader to acquire new subscribers where people would get it for free for the first year or two. But they didn't need to do that in subsequent years (although if you threatened to unsubscribe, you could get it for like $100 a season) because the cost and inconvenience of getting their service with hardware and installing made it harder to cancel for many subscribers.

Apple doesn't have that barrier to unsubscribe for customers. So they will need to keep the pricing for Sunday Ticket attractive enough to keep the subscribers year after year. That price might be as a free benefit of having Apple+. So you are not going to see this cost like $200-300 a year like DirecTV charged.

Couldn’t beat ATDHE for sports streaming back in the day. At least until the original site was shut down and a bunch of malware filled copycats showed up.

Last edited:
These streaming services spend billions a year for content. Netflix spends a fortune making movies with A list celebrities that cost nearly as much as Marvel movies do. So I don't seen Apple making the Sunday Ticket a much more of a premium cost to get if they make it an additional cost at all. I could see it being an extra $5-10 a month for access, but not much more than that.
You have got to be kidding.

I’m guessing it will Become more universal
I have 6 fire sticks 4 chrome casts a Apple TV a nvidia shield pro and 5 smart TVs 4 PlayStations 3 Xboxes I think they call can use Apple TV.
What smart devices do you have?
I have a 2nd Grade English Grammar book. Very cool device, never let me down.

You have got to be kidding.

No. If you follow the streaming service model. They are spending billions a year to get subscribers. And when they streaming services do give premium content that they charge more than the standard rate, it is a nominal monthly increase in charges. At least for the short term, I can see Apple following the same model.

The goal of streaming services seem to be more of gaining subscribers rather than selling premium content at a significant premium.

Sure the NBA streaming package is a significant additional premium, but there is no exclusivity to that and multiple streaming services carry it. So there is less advantage of it being a loss leader like the Sunday Ticket to gain subscribers.

No. If you follow the streaming service model. They are spending billions a year to get subscribers. And when they streaming services do give premium content that they charge more than the standard rate, it is a nominal monthly increase in charges. At least for the short term, I can see Apple following the same model.
When Disney releases a premium new movie on their streaming service, they charge $30 to download it.

That's $30 for a 2 hour movie.

If you think the complete Sunday Ticket package is going to be free, or even just a modest charge, for AppleTV subscribers, prepare for disappointment.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back