PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone going to...or been to the Hall, for Pic with the Lombardi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't a big line at all today, maybe 10 or so outside, however, piece of cake for us (Season Ticket Holder), walked right upstairs, there was a line there however, took about an hr to get to the Lombardi once inside.

10689448_906117266088534_6644193572891937635_n.jpg

10982464_906117206088540_634239849645302527_n.jpg
LOOKS QUITE LIKE MY TRIPdikembe.jpg

I wonder how long it will be before it is added to the current display of 3 trophies. They'll have to build a new lighted tube for it, but how long can that take. obviously the display was designed for future expansion :)

That said, I will wait until it is added to the display.

as a side note: a friend of mine works for Tiffany's, who designed and built the Lombardi trophy (as well as world series trophy) he told me that sports teams typically put in an immediate order for several (over a dozen or so at times) exact copies to go on tour, as well as taking the original back for repair the day after the event (they get trashed during post game celebrations). So, in all likelihood, you probably are not waiting in line this weekend to take a picture with the original, but rather a duplicate trophy.

Of course the trophy is built to the same specs and by the same people as the original... it was just built a few days later. So they are all "real"..... depends on your perspective. just remember: "There is no spoon" ;)

edit: My friend also designs the superbowl championship rings (I got to see in 3d auto-cad, and wear a 3D printed version of the seahawks ring last year) Even though the Pats have never decided to use Tiffany's, they still put in a design every year. Ive seen versions of rings that might have been the Pats SB ring before SB 42 & 46.... unfortunately, my friend had to go to work the day after these losses and design the Giants rings... glad he didn't have to do that this year.
These ended up being the final rings, because they are a NY based company and the NY teams always go with Tiffany's.
Hopefully they go with Tiffany's design this year, that way I get to see it (and wear a 3D printed version) before they Pats even do. Would be cool to look at that ring for the rest of my life and know a buddy of mine designed it.

Ian needs to add a jealousy button.

WHat was also somewhat disappointing is that they didn't have a nice setup for the trophy. I mean, they had a nice stand but the backdrop is 'others fans waiting in line'. They did have staff taking the pictures, but they by no means were encouraging a smooth flow. Many people would be taking their coats off and getting ready ONLY when it was their turn to take a pic (it would have been nice if they had done that while in line).

Bottom line, I'm still glad I did it, but the overally experience could have been far more organized and less painful.

I had an interesting experience Sunday morning. My daughter and I got on our sleigh and zipped over to Patriot Place, arriving a little after 10 a.m. I had earlier won gift certificates for entrance to the Hall. I had no idea about specific tickets with viewing times. Some very nice man waiting in line asked me if I had a specific time ticket for they were already sold out for the day. I showed him my gift certificate and he told me to go into the Pro Shop entrance and show a staff member there. I did that, and got right in! No outside waiting. Took the elevator upstairs, and there was the inside queue. Forty minutes later my daughter and I had our photographs with the Vince Lombardi Trophy. The staff at the Hall were terrific! I do agree about the backdrop not being great, you see the end of the fan queue. But that is why God invented Photoshop. I took one of the photos the staff took of Bri and me with the Lombardi and inserted my own background, like this...

photoshopping lombardi trophy.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes