PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else stoked for the matchup against Brady and the Bucs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

View attachment 35890
That's great. Kraft made that decision. That contract was already being worked on before BB arrived. I don't get the point here. BB deduced Bledsoe's skills were diminishing and then he promoted a guy he drafted and helped form the first dynasty. It's like a fairytale for the ages and I love the decisions the greatest GM of all time has made for my team. Not all of the decisions, but a very high percentage, yes.

Thanks for the pointless photo.

That's great. Kraft made that decision. That contract was already being worked on before BB arrived. I don't get the point here. BB deduced Bledsoe's skills were diminishing and then he promoted a guy he drafted and helped form the first dynasty. It's like a fairytale for the ages and I love the decisions the greatest GM of all time has made for my team. Not all of the decisions, but a very high percentage, yes.

Thanks for the pointless photo.

Blame it on Kraft!!! Bill was just the GM who had just had a full season with Bledsoe and had gone to the Patriots with the understand he’d have full autonomy. Keep crapping your pants, Rusty. It’s entertaining.

I understand, Bird and Orr are before your time, how would you know?
Seriously? Brady has had the best career of any NFL Player ever at the most difficult position to play. One can argue him as the greatest team sport player ever.

Seriously? Brady has had the best career of any NFL Player ever at the most difficult position to play. One can argue him as the greatest team sport player ever.
I agree with you, I think the same could be said for Bill as coach as well......do you know what would be great, if we beat the Saints this week and Tampa loses to the Rams, then we both go into next week 2-1 and we end up beating the Bucs...we're 3-1 and the Bucs are 2-2 after 4 weeks!!! How great would that be?

Who says QB is the most "difficult" sports position top play? That's quite the statement.

antonio brown placed on Covid list…something to keep an eye on for next week

Blame it on Kraft!!! Bill was just the GM who had just had a full season with Bledsoe and had gone to the Patriots with the understand he’d have full autonomy. Keep crapping your pants, Rusty. It’s entertaining.
Who is Rusty?

Nothing I said was inaccurate. BB fired Bledose. He then fleeced the Bills on the back end. Genius.

antonio brown placed on Covid list…something to keep an eye on for next week
Does this surprise anyone? That moron is probably running around in bars acting like a buffoon thinking the vaccine is a magic bullet. Is the creep still living in Brady's closet? So strange. A grown man, except he's not a man.

I understand, Bird and Orr are before your time, how would you know?
Brain dead take. The World Wide Web is available. Brady surpasses both of them quite easily. Brady is the GOAT at the most important position in the hardest team sport. Neither Bird nor Orr can make that claim in their own respective sports.

Last edited:
Who is Rusty?

Nothing I said was inaccurate. BB fired Bledose. He then fleeced the Bills on the back end. Genius.

Nice goalpost moving.

You said Belichick never wanted Bledsoe because he didn’t fit his scouting report.

Belichick went to the Patriots after having been defensive coordinator for several years while Bledsoe was QB. He went to the Patriots over the Jets, with one major reason being he would have control over personnel decisions.

He coached Bledsoe again in 2000.

In the 2001 off-season, he extended Bledsoe with a 10-year deal, making him the highest paid player in football. Bill gushed about Bledsoe. That’s Bill at the presser, grinning about the signing.

Bill initially got it wrong with Bledsoe. Why can’t you just acknowledge something so clear and objective? Don’t blame Kraft. Don’t move the goalposts to the Brady over Bledsoe decision. That was never the question.

no, I'm not looking forward to this game other than it will be a good measuring stick to see where we are. The Bucs are stacked on offense and I think Brady will want to come in and put up as many points on us as possible. He wants to prove a point (last years Lombardy not withstanding) and will make that point in our face.

Nice goalpost moving.

You said Belichick never wanted Bledsoe because he didn’t fit his scouting report.

Belichick went to the Patriots after having been defensive coordinator for several years while Bledsoe was QB. He went to the Patriots over the Jets, with one major reason being he would have control over personnel decisions.

In the 2001 off-season, he extended Bledsoe with a 10-year deal, making him the highest paid player in football. Bill gushed about Bledsoe. That’s Bill at the presser, grinning about the signing.

Bill initially got it wrong with Bledsoe. Why can’t you just acknowledge something so clear and objective? Don’t blame Kraft. Don’t move the goalposts to the Brady over Bledsoe decision. That was never the question.
Boston sports fans have this weird tradition that’s unlike any other city in America as far as I can tell. We revel in the glory of our great coaches more than our great players. It’s so strange. No other American city is like that.

Nice goalpost moving.

That's true. That's why he didn't Bledsoe his job back. I am not saying Bledsoe was Kosar in 1999 at that moment when BB joined the Pats. But, but 2001, that's clearly how BB saw it, so he kept Brady as the QB.

Things changed. I think Bledsoe was absolutely the best thing at QB BB could have had. He didn't get anything wrong. That's the best QB they had access to. I don't understand the point. And, yes, I do think Kraft looked at Bledose as a "son", because that's what he does. He's a bit of a fanboy with the franchise QB.

Boston sports fans have this weird tradition that’s unlike any other city in America as far as I can tell. We revel in the glory of our great coaches more than our great players. It’s so strange. No other American city is like that.
When Red Auerbach and Bill Belichick are your GMs and coaches, yes, you revel in that reality. Yes, most other cities have never had people like this running their legendary franchises.

Get it?

I don't get why people act like Belichick can do no wrong. He went 5-11 in 2000, **** roster or not. He also started 0-2 in 2001. He also drafted Tom Brady in the 6th round. He may have liked Brady but it was most likely not some genius masterplan. He fell into the Bledsoe injury.

Belichick is the goat HC but Brady did save him from being fired most likely in 01 or 02.

Brain dead take. The World Wide Web is available. Brady surpasses both of them quite easily. Brady is the GOAT at the most important position in the hardest team sport. Neither Bird nor Orr can make that claim in their own respective sports.
Bobby Orr is the greatest hockey player who ever lived. There can absolutely be an argument for Gretzky as well. Brady plays in an offensive league loaded with QBs getting stats for fantasy football and isn't necessarily the greatest player the game has seen. He's one of them for sure, but he didn't change the game like Orr did. Or, you don't know hockey.

That goes to Jim Brown for the NFL.

Jordan was better than Bird, but Bird is absolutely in the top 5.

I don't get why people act like Belichick can do no wrong. He went 5-11 in 2000, **** roster or not. He also started 0-2 in 2001. He also drafted Tom Brady in the 6th round. He may have liked Brady but it was most likely not some genius masterplan. He fell into the Bledsoe injury.

Belichick is the goat HC but Brady did save him from being fired most likely in 01 or 02.
No one said he can do no wrong. I've disagreed with him plenty.

It's the revisionist history part that I take issue with here. He absorbed AWFUL rosters in Cleveland in 1991 and in NE in 2000 and he cleaned up both, with postive records thereafter.

You don't build a team for sustained success in 6-12 months. How childish can you be? The Jets think they can build a team overnight. How's that working for them the last 20 years?

I dont know but ever since Brady left the Pats, this forum has seen a rise in bad takes. Its almost as the trolls came out to play

I agree with you, I think the same could be said for Bill as coach as well......do you know what would be great, if we beat the Saints this week and Tampa loses to the Rams, then we both go into next week 2-1 and we end up beating the Bucs...we're 3-1 and the Bucs are 2-2 after 4 weeks!!! How great would that be?

can belichick do it without Brady?

brady did it without belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back