PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any one player you really want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching Light get manhandled by Schobel against Buffalo today, the idea of drafting a 1st rd OT does not seem as far-fetched as it did last week.

PonyExpress said:
After watching Light get manhandled by Schobel against Buffalo today, the idea of drafting a 1st rd OT does not seem as far-fetched as it did last week.

Light has been inconsistent and O'Callahan and Kaczur have yet to prove they can do it over the long hual. If a premier tackle is available I wouldn't be shocked if they pull the trigger. It is unlikely but won't be shocking.

Another vet I could see being on the hot seat is Colvin, next year he has a $6.5 M cap hit. He has under performed, he can't seem to get to the QB or set the edge properly against the run. A DE/OLB should be a round 1 priority, but with that being said they will likely take a kicker or something crazy like that.

Actuall something really crazy and not recommened would be to trade both 1st round picks for Joe Thomas from Wisconsin... that would be crazy.

and then what...leave us without an upgrade/talented youth in LB/Secodnary ?

Concerned about Light's play. Brady is the franchise and must be protected. If Light can't do it someone else must. Maybe Light is still working his way back from injury, recapturing his quickness and footspeed, but his efforts against Schobel have been embarrassing. The rest of the season may be a referendum on Light as a LT. If Kaczur's career continues to be sidetracked by injury or other problems, then Left Tackle IMO becomes the offseason priority, no matter how urgent the needs are defensively (and I agree they are urgent). Worst case scenario, there appear to be several quality O-lineman with 1st rd grades who merit a look.

Last edited:
I agree about protecting Brady. We have the chance to win multiple SB with him so what I would like to see next year is we grab
SS,LB and OL in the first 2 rounds .........we still have a bunch of picks later to take TE, ect.

Even if I agreed that Light was no good, what makes anyone think the draft has someone better? I think we're just fine drafting 4th and 5th round OTs and turning them into starters for other teams.

Light can't have too many more games like he did against Buffalo, or Brady will get injured. Hopefully Light continues to improve. If not, a 1st rd Left Tackle becomes an option.

Last edited:
X Adibi, Virginia Tech, was all over the field against Clemson. If he comes out as a junior, he would not be a bad first round NE (32nd) pick.

carolinatony said:
With 2 ones next year is there any one player you would trade up for?

I like LB Patrick Willis. Would not trade 2 No 1s to get him though.

rookBoston said:
There's not a lot in this draft that I find really tempting. Woodley is one. Kinda reminds me of this year's Bobby Carpenter... maybe a bit more accomplished, but certainly less experienced working from a 2-pt stance stuff.

Other than that... I still like Zibikowski as a hard hitting SS and leader in the secondary. Maybe Ted Ginn as our deep threat and a guy to compete for PR duty. I like Posluszny (if he falls) as a Katzenmoyer clone wth more heart. And Marcus McCauley, if he has the hip turn he needs to go with the size and speed.

But none of them are guys I'd trade up for. Maybe trade into the late teens for Ginn or Woodley, but no one worth two first round picks.

I want to know more about Gaines Adams and Quentin Moses, two highly touted tweeners, who I haven't seen play. On paper, they sound like Chad Brown.

Posluszny is nominated for the academic all-American team, something that Andy .007 GPA Katzenmoyer never was. I'm don't think that they will trade two Number 1s to move up. I say keep em both and pick up more talent. Look how all those #1 picks on the Defensive line are paying off for the Pats right now. How bout those two 1st round TEs? The last thing I would do is trape them both to move up and get a WR, they are just too easy to defend.

I understand we are pretty set at QB what with Tommy and Cassel and all.But Darn,I wouldnt mind taking Brady Quinn from Notre Dame.That Kid is going to rock the NFL.

Patriots4Ever said:
I understand we are pretty set at QB what with Tommy and Cassel and all.But Darn,I wouldnt mind taking Brady Quinn from Notre Dame.That Kid is going to rock the NFL.
Yea keeping that kid on the bench for 6 years is going to do wonders for him.

Seriously thats a really REALLY bad idea.

I have read some good things about LB Patrick Willis. Maybe trade up for him if BB feels he's a stud can't miss pro.

carolinatony said:
I have read some good things about LB Patrick Willis. Maybe trade up for him if BB feels he's a stud can't miss pro.

Why trade up for him when he could be there for the taking in the middle of round 1? With every game that Seattle loses, the draft pick we have of theirs moves higher and higher in the 1st round. If that pick is in the mid-teens, BB and Pioli are going to have a FIELD DAY and I guarantee they end up with someone who produces. Whether its a TE, a DE/OLB, an ILB or a CB/S, the Pats will get a quality player.

Mel Diaper Jr.'s big board has Willis on it, in the low teen or early 20's I think. It also has Posluzny on it around #22 and falling.

Oddly enough Mel has CB leon Hall of Michigan all the way up at #4. Mel must really think a lot of this guy.

I'd go for Willis as well.

i like Patrick Willis if we pick a LB in the first round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore