PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any confidence going into the Week 16 game vs the Ravens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The nfl rules have made sure there will never be a shutdown corner anymore.

For the most part, I think we'd all agree with a few possible exceptions like Richard Sherman, Patrick Peterson, etc.

Either way you look at it, Aqib Talib hasn't been the same player since he returned. I didn't realize there was so much debate to the statement myself.

The only possible way you guys lose is to have a very bad day on offense. Drops, penalties, misfires on 3rd down, etc.

That, and/or if you commit more turnovers than us, like 2-3 more, lol. Perhaps the kind that hand us free FGs when we go three and out right after them.

If you score 21 points and do not hand us points on turnovers, you win. 99% certainty.

If the game is 16-13 "ish" we have a 35-45% chance of winning at the end due to desperation, our kicker, home field crowd noise, home-cooking, a Christmas miracle, etc.

The only possible way you guys lose is to have a very bad day on offense. Drops, penalties, misfires on 3rd down, etc.

That, and/or if you commit more turnovers than us, like 2-3 more, lol. Perhaps the kind that hand us free FGs when we go three and out right after them.

If you score 21 points and do not hand us points on turnovers, you win. 99% certainty.

If the game is 16-13 "ish" we have a 35-45% chance of winning at the end due to desperation, our kicker, home field crowd noise, home-cooking, a Christmas miracle, etc.

And yet strangely enough, Las Vegas makes Baltimore a 3 point favorite.

Go figure :rolleyes:

I think you're selling your team short a bit. Pats are 1-4 in their past 5 away games, struggling mightily on their offensive line protection/running consistently, and then you have the whole "Ravens shutting Brady down" aspect, where he's thrown 8 TDs/10 INT and has a 6.8 ypa in 6/8 games vs them.

It should be a great game, and I expect it to come down to the wire as they always do. I think NE bounces back this week and makes a statement. If they don't, they just aren't very good. I am sure that the Ravens will make their plays and keep it very close though, as 5/8 games have been decided by a score or less. Baltimore also has a huge edge in defense too, and one would think that may come into play.

And yet strangely enough, Las Vegas makes Baltimore a 3 point favorite.

Go figure :rolleyes:

I think you're selling your team short a bit. Pats are 1-4 in their past 5 away games, struggling mightily on their offensive line protection/running consistently, and then you have the whole "Ravens shutting Brady down" aspect, where he's thrown 8 TDs/10 INT and has a 6.8 ypa in 6/8 games vs them.

It should be a great game, and I expect it to come down to the wire as they always do.

I am not selling my team short. Or at least not the offense. The offense is total rubbish, trust me. No better and probably worse than the Jags for the first 50 minutes of every game. Then about league average, at best, for the last 10 minutes.

As for you guys being 1-4 in the last 5 away games, and struggling yourselves, that probably explains the line. It is a line that says someone thinks you'll play as poorly as us, not that we will play as well as you.

Which is pretty much what I am trying to say. If your offense has issues, you could lose. If your offense plays decently, not even well/great, you win. If it plays great, it could get ugly (for us).

I am not selling my team short. Or at least not the offense. The offense is total rubbish, trust me. No better and probably worse than the Jags for the first 50 minutes of every game. Then about league average, at best, for the last 10 minutes.

As for you guys being 1-4 in the last 5 away games, and struggling yourselves, that probably explains the line. It is a line that says someone thinks you'll play as poorly as us, not that we will play as well as you.

Which is pretty much what I am trying to say. If your offense has issues, you could lose. If your offense plays decently, not even well/great, you win. If it plays great, it could get ugly (for us).

Personally, I think the total at 45 is spot on. I would envision a 24-20 kind of game, or a 20-17 kind of game again.

There's a chance that both offenses struggle a bit, ours due to your defense, and yours due to some of your failures. Then again, sometimes facing the Patriots secondary/defense will cure what ails you. Just ask mediocre QBs such as EJ Manuel, Geno Smith, Jason Campbell, Case Keenum, etc.

The only one that has confidence in us is the Ravens fan...

I'm not a cheerleader, but come on people. We've got a team that won't say die no matter how many injuries.

Not alot of confidence here this week. It is true that the Ravens offense is struggling. However, their biggest strength is our greatest weakness.....and that is the Hail Mary or long ball......Pats secondary is hurting and weak. Flaccid will throw the jump ball all game and will have great success against our defense. Secondly we have once again NO PASS RUSH.....Flaccid's OL has been excellent at giving him time....and we will not get much pressure on him.....combine that with the above noted weak ***** secondary...and he is going to have a good game. Lastly.....their running game has been less than spectacular this season.....but just in time for the Ratbirds....the Pats defense is the cure for what ails you. Expect the birds to run all over our defense. On the offensive side of the ball.....I just don't think we have enough weapons to win when it counts right now and our red zone percentages are going to never be what they were when Gronk was in there. I don't think the Pats will get it done this week......and even if they do get into the playoffs it will be a quick exit....Hope I am wrong on all counts!

I see many on here predicting a loss. I said last night before the game that our chances to win would be better if the Ravens were to defeat the Lions than they would have been otherwise, because the Ravens would be unbeatable in a do-or-die situation at home. Having said that I am still worried. With the way their RZ defense and our RZ offense has been playing without Gronk, I could see us having to settle for a lot of FGs. If Talib can't lock down Torrey Smith, it could be a long night.

Thoughts?

Not alot of confidence here this week. It is true that the Ravens offense is struggling. However, their biggest strength is our greatest weakness.....and that is the Hail Mary or long ball......Pats secondary is hurting and weak. Flaccid will throw the jump ball all game and will have great success against our defense. Secondly we have once again NO PASS RUSH.....Flaccid's OL has been excellent at giving him time....and we will not get much pressure on him.....combine that with the above noted weak ***** secondary...and he is going to have a good game. Lastly.....their running game has been less than spectacular this season.....but just in time for the Ratbirds....the Pats defense is the cure for what ails you. Expect the birds to run all over our defense. On the offensive side of the ball.....I just don't think we have enough weapons to win when it counts right now and our red zone percentages are going to never be what they were when Gronk was in there. I don't think the Pats will get it done this week......and even if they do get into the playoffs it will be a quick exit....Hope I am wrong on all counts!

I like Ninkovich. I think he's the solid, hard working, blue-collar guy that embodies what this organization has been about in the last decade plus. I also think he comes up big in the clutch a lot of times when the team needs him the most.

THAT said, he's not the bookend that is going to make the opposing offense pay for doubling Chandler Jones on the other side. In the first half, Chandler was having his way against McKinnie. In the second half, they were using TE's to chip him and double teaming him with McKinnie and the LG. This means that the other guys on the DL, but particularly Ninkovich, were seeing a lot of one on ones. Those were battles that he needed to win on the other side, but he wasn't generating any pressure. I liked what I saw out of Buchanan at the beginning of the year, but he can't play against mobile quarterbacks due to the wide angles that he takes to get to the ball. Flacco, however, is anything but mobile. I want to see more Buchanan on the field with Jones because if the defense lets Flacco sit back there with enough time to knit a sweater, he's going to pick us apart downfield.

The weather is going to be great! It may get up to as high as 70 by gametime.

I like Ninkovich. I think he's the solid, hard working, blue-collar guy that embodies what this organization has been about in the last decade plus. I also think he comes up big in the clutch a lot of times when the team needs him the most.

THAT said, he's not the bookend that is going to make the opposing offense pay for doubling Chandler Jones on the other side. In the first half, Chandler was having his way against McKinnie. In the second half, they were using TE's to chip him and double teaming him with McKinnie and the LG. This means that the other guys on the DL, but particularly Ninkovich, were seeing a lot of one on ones. Those were battles that he needed to win on the other side, but he wasn't generating any pressure. I liked what I saw out of Buchanan at the beginning of the year, but he can't play against mobile quarterbacks due to the wide angles that he takes to get to the ball. Flacco, however, is anything but mobile. I want to see more Buchanan on the field with Jones because if the defense lets Flacco sit back there with enough time to knit a sweater, he's going to pick us apart downfield.

Great points Flacco gets rid of the ball fast and he throws a beautiful DPI long ball.:p Opposing Teams Offenses key to stopping the Patriots is Blocking Chandler Jones once he's Blocked everything else is gravy.

Great points Flacco gets rid of the ball fast and he throws a beautiful DPI long ball.:p Opposing Teams Offenses key to stopping the Patriots is Blocking Chandler Jones once he's Blocked everything else is gravy.

The secondary as a whole is hobbled. Gregory is just making his way back and Talib, Dennard, and Arrington are all obviously fighting their way through various injuries. The gameplan, therefore, should be to pressure Flacco and put him on his ass as much as possible. Flacco + injuries in the secondary + time to go downfield = loss. Flacco + injuries in the secondary - time to go downfield = win. It's really that simple.

Michael Giardi ‏@MikeGiardi Protected Tweets 56m

In 8 career games vs the Ravens, including playoffs, Brady has thrown more picks (10) than TDs (8)

I know he struggles vs ravens..but didn't think it was this bad

I know he struggles vs ravens..but didn't think it was this bad
Yes, he has had as hard a time against BAL, statistics wise, than any other team in the league during his career. The numbers break down like this:

Code:
                        W     L   TD   INT
Reg. Season             4     1    5     3
------------
Playoffs                1     2    3     7

Well I still don't like this game, funny though we got some folks that feel good about it on our board and some that don't but the Ravens board is pretty all out that the Ravens win easy. No Judgement just a comment.

Yes, he has had as hard a time against BAL, statistics wise, than any other team in the league during his career. The numbers break down like this:

Code:
                        W     L   TD   INT
------------

Five words: Ed Reed in his prime.

Code:
                        W     L   TD   INT
------------

Ed reed was the main factor of those statistics. And he was in his prime to.

Let's also not forget Ray Lewis played a part in those games too. Say what you will about him as a person but minus last year's AFCC he was either in his prime or still playing at a high level in those other games.

Just not sure Daryl Smith and Matt Elam at this point bring what those two did to a game.

Let's also not forget Ray Lewis played a part in those games too. Say what you will about him as a person but minus last year's AFCC he was either in his prime or still playing at a high level in those games.

Just not sure Daryl Smith and Matt Elam at this point bring what those two did to a game.

Well they are saying Mr. Smith is more than a poor mans Ray Lewis not a bad consolation.:scared:

Well they are saying Mr. Smith is more than a poor mans Ray Lewis not a bad consolation.:scared:

That's not even remotely close to being accurate. They sound like raging homer Ravens fans.

Code:
                        W     L   TD   INT
------------

Pats still win most of the time. If you take out the bs win on tucker's missed kick it's 6-2. Ravens got lucky that pats don't have Gronk again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe