PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone loves to give Kraft credit for all this

Are you serious ? Have you not seen how much (deserved) **** Kraft has been getting from many people ever since Deflategate ?

I don't think many people give him credit beyond not moving the team (how many decades ago ?), paying for Gillette and hiring BB. Those are ultimately his only really meaningful contributions to the team over that time.

Volin just admitted on EEI that he lied about the "sponsors demanding the Pats cut AB".

So if you didn't realize it by now, this rash decision was all Kraft.

Surprise Surprise.

What a clown.

Bring him back!!!! **** the haters. We're trying to win the super bowl

Are you serious ? Have you not seen how much (deserved) **** Kraft has been getting from many people ever since Deflategate ?

I don't think many people give him credit beyond not moving the team (how many decades ago ?), paying for Gillette and hiring BB. Those are ultimately his only really meaningful contributions to the team over that time.
Not accurate. Just recently, in Kraft's honor, BB hired a Korean Younghoe.

If they think they will lose the money anyway and BB is on board, Brady can easily sell this to Kraft.

I don't think Brady has that kind of makeup and will do whatever Kraft wants him to do. In Brady's eyes, Kraft is his boss.

As for AB, I didn't like it when they got him and didn't like it when they dumped him. If he comes back I probably won't like that either.

AB is more likable than Goodell.

I don't entirely understand what you mean here, so just let me say this: If a contract has a clause which directly contradicts the CBA, then if such a clause were appealed, the CBA would be enforced and the clause in the contract would be ignored.
Yes, I know that the CBA is a "higher power" than an individual contract. If any team could overrule the CBA, then what's the point of having a CBA in the first place?
Well my "point" is that while I think AB has the stronger case, I admit I am not sure what will happen, so I am not entirely sure how I am supposed to prove that. However, Michael McCann has a very persuasive article on the situation, so here is a link:

https://sports.yahoo.com/antonio-brown-likely-labor-grievance-011301923.html
Really? When have they ever cut a player who was owed money in the form of a deferred signing bonus and then not paid it? Aaron Hernandez' situation does not apply here because it is important to note we are talking about a deferred signing bonus, not a salary guarantee (or guaranteed bonus). There's a difference between those and signing bonuses (not to mention Hernandez went to jail so it's not like he was fulfilling his obligations).
That link says nothing to support either party as a clear winner.
"The Patriots wouldn't be too upset to only pay $283,333"
" The Dispute.."..." Will involve language from both the CBA and HIS CONTRACT. Some of the language could be read to be in conflict or will require further interpretation and clarification"

"Paragraph 14 requires that Brown comply with "all reasonable club rules and regulation" "

As I've been saying , he doesn't have a clear cut case.
And I'd be surprised if he gets 9m because nobody but the Pats and Brown know the language of the contract.

I guess we'll find out eventually.

And I highly doubt RK would allow him back after the public bashing AB did.

AB's Public bashing or the truth about RK??:confused:

I think it's assumed he's a walk in Hall of Famer. Team won 6 SB. But only because he lucked into letting the GOAT HC walk to the Jets and have no-one else see his mistake to hire him first. But going to the Hall of Fame is the "credit" I'm talking about.

So Brittany Taylor drops the federal suit probably because it wasn’t going her way, now refilling in Florida while adding and dropping accusations?

This is absurd - rehire the guy now - have a little compassion Bob...

The biggest mistake the Patriots made was not adding a clause in his contract forcing Brown to trade out his cell phone for an early 90s flip phone until the end of the season (I'm obviously kidding...sort of).

Unfortunately, if the guy had one of those, he'd still be here. But he can't/couldn't help himself...which is too bad because, as we saw, he would have been great in this offense. In the meantime, not that my opinion matters, but I don't see a way they bring him back ... I just can't see it happening.

AB is the poster boy for one of the problems of being a fan. Who would ever root for that guy if he didn't wear our team's uniform? Yet we have to if he's on the team.

As for flip phones, my wife and I still use them. If I see anything negative here I'll try not to let her see it. Not to scare you or anything, but she is part Sicilian.

My favorite phone was a slide phone. It had the handy, small size but also had a keyboard for the textiots who insist on typing instead of talking.

Reactions: Ian
Volin just admitted on EEI that he lied about the "sponsors demanding the Pats cut AB".

It wasn't a "RASH" decision. You clearly didn't pay attention to Kraft when he flat out stated that the team would never have signed Brown had he told them about the 1st accusation. When the 2nd one broke and when Brown did what he was told not to do by sending messages to the 2nd accuser (including a picture of her kids), he gave the Patriots no choice but to cut him.

You seem to be forgetting that the Patriots cut ties with Christian Peter just weeks after drafting him when rape allegations came out.

You seem to be forgetting that the Patriots cut Kenyatta Jones after Jones was arrested for throwing boiling water on his roommate.

You seem to be forgetting that the Patriots cut ties with Willie Andrews when he was arrested for domestic violence, dope, and an illegal firearm.

You seem to be forgetting that the Patriots cut ties with Danny Baugher when he and his dad were arrested for their public brawl.

Why does it surprise anyone that the Patriots cut ties with Brown when he lied by omission by not telling them about the 1st allegation and his antics regarding the 2nd allegation?

Did he actually use the word lie? Because that's a pretty bad thing for someone in his profession to admit doing.

The entertainment will be watching the FFLers disappointment week after week after week of no AB until they just drift off into being Colts/Chiefs/Texans/Cowboys fans again.......

No offense, Shmessy, but I drafted Brady to be my primary QB long before AB was on the scene. Brady is putting up points for me. It's because I'm a Pats fan that I drafted Brady. I'm in it for fun..

AB is the poster boy for one of the problems of being a fan. Who would ever root for that guy if he didn't wear our team's uniform? Yet we have to if he's on the team.

As for flip phones, my wife and I still use them. If I see anything negative here I'll try not to let her see it. Not to scare you or anything, but she is part Sicilian.

My favorite phone was a slide phone. It had the handy, small size but also had a keyboard for the textiots who insist on typing instead of talking.

Slide phones were GOAT. I wish smartphones had dedicated keyboards.

Reactions: Ian
Suspend AB two games and Brittany Taylor a week from her profession and move on. A vintage Roger Goodell half-measure that appeases no one seems appropriate at this point.

No offense, Shmessy, but I drafted Brady to be my primary QB long before AB was on the scene. Brady is putting up points for me. It's because I'm a Pats fan that I drafted Brady. I'm in it for fun..
I got screwed and drafted Jimmy the Jag Garapolo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back