PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Volin just admitted on EEI that he lied about the "sponsors demanding the Pats cut AB".

So if you didn't realize it by now, this rash decision was all Kraft.

Trollin Volin makes sh!t up?

giphy.gif

If its $5.8m then thats fine. I knew it was around there. I always round down so to give the NEP more cap room :p
Miguel said it's $5.85M not $5.8m!

Dude, don't mess with Miguel, he will own you.

Funny, now all the people that wanted him cut are no longer paying any attention, and the 4 or 5 people who wanted him kept are keeping this thread alive. While using it as a way to bash Kraft, who it can easily be argued, is the best, most successful owner in all of sports.

This is the owner who may or may not have forced a player to be cut who is in the middle of a rape civil suit, which came to light after he was signed by the Patriots. The same player who was then accused of sexual misconduct by a second woman. Who was accused by others of not paying bills. Who then sent texts of the woman who had accused him of exposing himself to her and not paying for services she did for him, of her children to his friends complaining about those kids not looking poor, and included her in the texts. Who then upon being released went on social media and attacked the owner of the Patriots.

The same player who now is coming begging the Patriots to take him back, while still waiting for the possible suspension from the NFL....

Will I care if he is signed back by the Patriots, no, will I be very surprised, yes.

Miguel said it's $5.85M not $5.8m!

Dude, don't mess with Miguel, he will own you.
I would never challenge Miguel on that stuff. He does it full-time. Thats like questioning @fnord on top strip clubs.

With that said, Sportstrac and Over The Cap say $5.75m as dead money in 2019.

I would love if they brought him back not just for how much better the team would be, but how salty the opposing fanbases would react. That alone would be worth it

That's my angle plus listening to the mediots twisting themselves into a triggered drama queen frenzy would be highly entertaining.

Amazing how, despite the difference maker that he is on the field, and how STUPID the Patriots are for letting him go, that no other team in the league has been willing to touch him. But it's only the Patriots and Bob Kraft who are at fault for not signing him, eh? They're the only team in the league all of the sudden?

Because, other than crazy old Al Davis, the world was just beating a path to Belichick's door in 2000............:rolleyes:
Just saying that the move that Kraft gets so much credit for, he let walk out the door four years earlier. It is what it is. Kraft was very lucky.

The entertainment will be watching the FFLers disappointment week after week after week of no AB until they just drift off into being Colts/Chiefs/Texans/Cowboys fans again.......

Ah yes because FFLers (which i'm assuming stands for Fantasy Football Lovers?) can't be actual fans of the Patriots?

The thought of him coming back is already making you post illogical nonsense. Imagine if it actually happens? lol

so, what's greater:

-the number of minutes AB was signed as a Patriot
-the number of posts on this site about AB
He was a Pat for 11 days. 11 x 24 x 60 = 15,840

So we’re getting close but are not there yet :)

Clearly we need the mods to merge this into the big thread (now in the NFL Forum) so we have an easy indicator of how far to go until the next target. :)

Funny, now all the people that wanted him cut are no longer paying any attention, and the 4 or 5 people who wanted him kept are keeping this thread alive. While using it as a way to bash Kraft, who it can easily be argued, is the best, most successful owner in all of sports.

This is the owner who may or may not have forced a player to be cut who is in the middle of a rape civil suit, which came to light after he was signed by the Patriots. The same player who was then accused of sexual misconduct by a second woman. Who was accused by others of not paying bills. Who then sent texts of the woman who had accused him of exposing himself to her and not paying for services she did for him, of her children to his friends complaining about those kids not looking poor, and included her in the texts. Who then upon being released went on social media and attacked the owner of the Patriots.

The same player who now is coming begging the Patriots to take him back, while still waiting for the possible suspension from the NFL....

Will I care if he is signed back by the Patriots, no, will I be very surprised, yes.
You get an A for keeping a close eye on everything AB related. :)

You may be getting a comendation letter from his fan club, of which Shmessy is already a member, given the high % posts he has on the subject.

Volin just admitted on EEI that he lied about the "sponsors demanding the Pats cut AB".

So if you didn't realize it by now, this rash decision was all Kraft.
Of course he lied about it. That would be ridiculous and I said at the time that any good businessman would call their bluff. The Patriots are too valuable, and too marketable, a franchise for sponsors to walk out on. And the ones that ARE dumb enough to do it could more than likely be easily replaced. Old Tugboat just didn’t want more light shed on his beat off sessions with cheap Asian labor and the AB situation was doing just that.

Ah yes because FFLers (which i'm assuming stands for Fantasy Football Lovers?) can't be actual fans of the Patriots?

The thought of him coming back is already making you post illogical nonsense. Imagine if it actually happens? lol
My God, that would be a must read. He’d short circuit.

Amazing how, despite the difference maker that he is on the field, and how STUPID the Patriots are for letting him go, that no other team in the league has been willing to touch him. But it's only the Patriots and Bob Kraft who are at fault for not signing him, eh? They're the only team in the league all of the sudden?
Yea, the only reason he hasn't been signed by multiple teams is because the NFL put a target over his head, "you sign him, he goes on EL."

NFL is treating him like a pariah over civil allegations and a bunch of stories that are 1 to 2 years old, when he was with Pittsburgh. There are guys with criminal charges, still playing or sitting in a booth watching games with no consequence whatsoever.

NFL needs to conclude their so called investigation (whatever that is) and either let him play because of lack of evidence or suspend him for X games, and be done with this fiasco.

Savior from WHAT?

...From being 5-0?...
We'll be 7-0 and we still would not have defeated jack sh!t, so...

When facing an actual NFL defense (e.g. at Barfalo), this offense as currently constructed
will struggle - mightily - to score even 20 points.

Without Clowntonio or another WR of his caliber (and/or a similar upgrade at TE/LT/FB),
we will soon become Former Defending Champions, perhaps by as early as MLK Day.

Last edited:
Yea, the only reason he hasn't been signed by multiple teams is because the NFL put a target over his head, "you sign him, he goes on EL."

NFL is treating him like a pariah over civil allegations and a bunch of stories that are 1 to 2 years old, when he was with Pittsburgh. There are guys with criminal charges, still playing or sitting in a booth watching games with no consequence whatsoever.

NFL needs to conclude their so called investigation (whatever that is) and either let him play because of lack of evidence or suspend him for X games, and be done with this fiasco.

I honestly think that this HAS to be what's happening..

I want AB back just for the lulz and watching everyone's head explode.

Call me optimistic, but Brady liking AB's post is definitely him showing RKK, BB, etc. that he wants him back. Hell, just look at the last couple of weeks; the offense hasn't looked great. Of course, he'd want him.

Like other posters have mentioned, it would take an apology from AB to a variety of people, including RKK. I just don't see a guy like AB doing that. We can sit here and think through the process, but AB has shown to have NO impulse control

Of course he lied about it. That would be ridiculous and I said at the time that any good businessman would call their bluff. The Patriots are too valuable, and too marketable, a franchise for sponsors to walk out on. And the ones that ARE dumb enough to do it could more than likely be easily replaced. Old Tugboat just didn’t want more light shed on his beat off sessions with cheap Asian labor and the AB situation was doing just that.
Absolutely Kontra 100% correct, you have to be extremely naive to think the Patriots released AB over some texts (no matter how stupid they were), after having kept him after all the sexual allegations surfaced.

Notice the following happened, "after" AB was released:

1. Almost immediately news about AB dies down;
2. News that prosecutors in Palm Beach file their appeal comes out (first Kraft related story in months and since signing AB);
3. Vanity Fair - Kraft story comes out, that paints him in a terrible light. (Kraft must have known this story was coming out since they interviewed his friends);
4. Kraft sues FL prosecutors over evidence.

All of a sudden a bunch of Kraft (the perv) stories come out. Can you imagine the context and duration of those stories had AB still been with the Pats?

But sure, Kraft the bastion of morality all of a sudden decided that some dumb texts was the turning point to suddenly release AB. Yea right, lmao.

I actually was wondering about the #84.... I don't believe for a second he is coming back but it did make me wonder, hypothetically, if he could take #84 if he did come back.

A player may not change numbers mid-season so even if he had never left NE, AB would not have been able to switch to #84 once Watson was cut. However, in this case, AB is no longer a member of the team. So does the number rule "reset" if he came back?

Eh, it's all elementary. Not gonna happen.

We'll have to ask Russ Ventrone. He's been cut and resigned so many times by the team, perhaps he can let us know if he ever had the option to change numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back