PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the guys defending AB, what is your breaking point with him?

If tomorrow he tweets slurring Taylor causing more drama the day before game day, is he gone?

I’ll defend him long as he’s on the team and not having been proven guilty of anything. He’s an ass but I don’t know him and never will. I watch a team he plays football for on Sunday’s, that’s the extent of my connection with him.

Although I think that what he did was dumb, let's look at this a little closer:

1. Why would he include his attorney in the texts? To claim privileged texts? That he never wanted images posted (online)?
2. A detail in the texts missed by most: she painted the mural "in my room." That was not in the SI story, which said in his house. I was picturing AB walking naked in the living room, but it was in his room! This certainly brings context to the whole story.
3. It was SI who posted the texts online, outing the painter. She will now be googled and researched and stuff will come out on her, no need to pay to dig up dirt now.

Not justifying anything he "may have" done, but so far there aren't any charges for any of this. Its all conjecture at this point.
You can't claim privilege on texts with your attorneys if you include third parties on it (I'm an attorney). There was never any privilege on these texts.

Only privilege would be if he texted just his attorneys (or his attorneys and an agent of his attorneys hired to help out in some way).

If tomorrow he tweets slurring Taylor causing more drama the day before game day, is he gone?

Idk. I don’t even know if bill has told him to cool it or you will be released.

If the media is actively participating in the story by encouraging and or straight up helping "victims" in any sort of process then it's a pretty sickening thought.

Anything to keep the story burning and for the clicks, right?

Also, I am not victim shaming, i want that made perfectly clear. I can only formulate a opinion or thought based on what we know and what we know isnt even remotely close to a burden of guilt that makes this kind of press coverage worthy. I'm embarrassed by the media the last few years.

Although I think that what he did was dumb, let's look at this a little closer:

1. Why would he include his attorney in the texts? To claim privileged texts? That he never wanted images posted (online)?
2. A detail in the texts missed by most: she painted the mural "in my room." That was not in the SI story, which said in his house. I was picturing AB walking naked in the living room, but it was in his room! This certainly brings context to the whole story.
3. It was SI who posted the texts online, outing the painter. She will now be googled and researched and stuff will come out on her, no need to pay to dig up dirt now.

Not justifying anything he "may have" done, but so far there aren't any charges for any of this. Its all conjecture at this point.
so what it was in his room. Did he forget she was in there when he decided to walk in there with just a small towel?

one game at a time

Who are you cutting to cover the $4M of 2020 bonus money which would come due?
I don't think the Pats will cut him. I do think there will be some kind of discipline/suspension. If AB throws a fit you suspend him more.

(I guess, not really sure, talking out my #@$%)

You’re a chicken little. If anything it is fueling this team even with an a hole like brown.
If you think that athletes that do the right thing on this team and play as a group and win. While always taking the spotlight off themself to highlight the play of the others around them. While winning 6 SB’s using this philosophy is fueled by a guy who just became part of the team and has created a cloud of distraction overshadowing their great play up to this point. Then you best rethink who is the chicken little.

If nothing else AB is keeping questions about Bob Kraft at bay. I think the player is supremely talented. I also think he's an absolute horses ass. But guilty? Not for any of us to decide. I get cancel culture and outrage culture are the new cool trend but lets have the process play itself out.

I’ll defend him long as he’s on the team and not having been proven guilty of anything. He’s an ass but I don’t know him and never will. I watch a team he plays football for on Sunday’s, that’s the extent of my connection with him.
Isn’t there a point where he needs to shut his mouth and not stir the pot more?

Absolutely, that point is now more than ever.

should have been the day he signed here and you would think BB would have made that clear.

Anyone so eager to release browns text, not even hours after they happened are certainly questionable if you ask me

Her end game is to get brown out of the NFL, what the **** for?

He has no money to give to you if he has no job

Until something, anything, is actually proven, nothing should happen to Brown. He's a good football player. We know about the head issues. If he's willing to tune out the world and just play football he'll fit here. If not, and by that I mean if he's PROVEN that he isn't prepared to embrace the Patriot Way, he's gone.

One of the reasons this charade might actually work out is that we don't actually need AB. He's got no leverage and he knows it. He's GOT to make good or his career is practically done. Hopefully he understands that and is prepared to play ball and put the drama aside.

As for the various accusations floating around... even if I believe them (and to a point I actually do) Nothing should happen to anyone on the basis of an accusation. Accusation is not proof. When and if there's proof, then the team will act, just like it did with Aaron Hernandez. Right now the best possible action is not to act.

Your last paragraph is way off. The team didn’t wait until there was any proof before it cut AH. They cut him the day he was arrested.

If you think that athletes that do the right thing on this team and play as a group and win. While always taking the spotlight off themself to highlight the play of the others around them. While winning 6 SB’s using this philosophy is fueled by a guy who just became part of the team and has created a cloud of distraction overshadowing their great play up to this point. Then you best rethink who is the chicken little.

I think some of our players genuinely like AB. Some might feel he’s innocent despiste being a complete d-bag.

Where are the police reports?????

Oh right...just a phone call to the nfl

If nothing else AB is keeping questions about Bob Kraft at bay. I think the player is supremely talented. I also think he's an absolute horses ass. But guilty? Not for any of us to decide. I get cancel culture and outrage culture are the new cool trend but lets have the process play itself out.

Who are all these new people who’ve signed up for PatsFans solely to comment on the AB situation??

For me its going to take actual evidence of something instead of all this conjecture or stories from only one side. He has yet to be charged with anything. It feels like a pile on over incidents that happened 1 to over 2 years ago. Is it a coincidence that this is all coming out at once?

Anyone so eager to release browns text, not even hours after they happened are certainly questionable if you ask me

I mean, if he did send them then that's his own fault for giving them material. That's not suspicious.

should have been the day he signed here and you would think BB would have made that clear.

Its browns fault someone publically published his text because he allegedly was so dumb to include her?

I've had people literally **** talk me 2 feet from me and accidentally send it to me because their brain haywired.

It happens. I've read those text and nothing about them are intimidating. Sounds like a man who trying desperately to get these people off his damn back.

seems like it wasn't her end game, but was definitely someone's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick