PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are going to suspend someone from there job because they send a perfectly legal text to a person who forwarded it to a reporter who posted it public ally on social media because it would be nice for the guy who did nothing wrong (legally if not morally) with the text should keep a low profile because there are other unsubstantiated accusations against him?
Why country is this?

Do you get this mad about police departments posting mugshots on their social media pages, essentoally pillorying people who have not yet been convicted of any crime? Because it's the same country in which that happens.

Why, when going to the NFL will even more quickly make AB leave her alone?
The nfl can’t tell him not to text and threaten his job over it. If she went and got a restraining order then they could.

Brown has been a big story in the media. Tell me how they found out about her working with brown? I have suspicion when it comes to the SI story. Idk if she got paid but it wouldn’t shock me if she did.

Because she sued him. It was right in the original SI article. They dug up through a search of the Pittsburgh area civil courts.

Likely just getting the legalities sorted so ME can recoup most of the signing bonus.

He's done.

I wonder if there is something in the contract that allows us to get everything back. We could use the money

The woman has all this attention. Did she think she was not gonna get it by publishing her story on SI? The guy came back at her. Was it stupid? Yes. Was it threatening? No!
There is an extremely good argument for the idea that sending a group message to journalists and this woman and telling them and your friend to "investigate" her is threatening. It doesn't need to threaten violence. The threat can be of embarrassment, airing dirty laundry, or a litany of other things. Stop thinking so narrowly.

I wonder if there is something in the contract that allows us to get everything back. We could use the money
Doubt they'd get back the portion for last weekend's game.

Absolutely. And he threw in pictures of her kids for heaven's sake.

She could have said no to SI and writing her story. She brung more attention to it. I would be pissed if i am brown but brown brung this on himself . Either way she brung more attention to it and she has to deal with it!

Because she sued him. It was right in the original SI article. They dug up through a search of the Pittsburgh area civil courts.

Yeah, the original intent of the research in the SI article seems to have been Brown getting sued a lot. (And he has gotten sued a lot.) The sexual harassment story came out incidentally in the course of interviewing people who sued him (contractors he never paid, mostly).

People are going to interpret those texts the way they want, and the inaccuracies of the headlines that are being reported is the media trying to form public opinion on the issues the way they want you to view them.

There is an extremely good argument for the idea that sending a group message to journalists and this woman and telling them and your friend to "investigate" her is threatening. It doesn't need to threaten violence. The threat can be of embarrassment, airing dirty laundry, or a litany of other things. Stop thinking so narrowly.

Oh plz! Did she think he was not gonna clap back after she published his dirty laundry in a well know magazine read by many? She likely gonna paid for it!

Don't you have a landfill to tend to or a grease fire to put out? Go pour some concrete and hop in it.

Na... let's be real. We basically have two bye weeks now.

Unless of course Falk was watching Minshew last night and is getting some ideas.

Honestly if the guy was on the Steelers or Chiefs I'd be wanting him suspended and what not , but since he is on the Patriots and a great talent I really hope he is just an idiot and not a serial sexual harasser. Wonder if that makes me a bad person

I know that but she could have said no to SI. She got her story on SI.

Do you get this mad about police departments posting mugshots on their social media pages, essentoally pillorying people who have not yet been convicted of any crime? Because it's the same country in which that happens.
I’m not mad and there is no connection to my point and what you are saying.
I’m disagreeing that you should be allowed to take away someone’s livelihood because they sent a perfectly legal text that got sensationalized by the media.
If an employer fired someone because they were in a police blotter because someone complained about them doing something that was legal then i would 100% feel the same way.

My opinion has nothing to do with it being AB. It has everything to do with the ridiculous idea that “woke people” think any time anyone chooses to portray you in a bad light regardless of whether what you did was wrong or not you must be punished to the greater extend possible with no regard to facts.

Which i'll refer everyone to tyreek hill saying on audio

"You need to be terrified of me too, b*tch"

Which the NFL did nothing about.

People here want AB suspended or released for nothing.

People are going to interpret those texts the way they want, and the inaccuracies of the headlines that are being reported is the media trying to form public opinion on the issues the way they want you to view them.
Whether or not the "headlines" are exaggerating, there is no way you can consider these texts as anything other than negative.

Honestly if the guy was on the Steelers or Chiefs I'd be wanting him suspended and what not , but since he is on the Patriots and a great talent I really hope he is just an idiot and not a serial sexual harasser. Wonder if that makes me a bad person

Definitely makes you honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference