PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
To start if this idiot payed people properly for their services instead screwing them (chef, mural painter etc) he may not have so many enemies. You can all call BS on these allegations. I think many are true (I do not believe the rape allegation). He is a creepy perv. He thinks he is bigger than morality and can do whatever he likes. 5 children never married? POS.

Saying that I don’t like the idea of people coming out of the woodwork years later. It is just a slippery slope.

Yes I think AB is a tremendous talent and could help this team. But I am torn on whether we should keep him or cut bait. He took this contract knowing there was a hornets s nest around him. He has been a major distraction making it unenjoyable to get pumped for this team.
I think we would be fine without him. Dorsett looks good this year. I am not comparing Dorsett to AB. Huge difference. I am just not enjoying the drama this kid brings with him.
Puts a big stain on the Patriots Way

Going anonymous makes me believe it even less.

This board shredded the Seth Wickersham penned Patriots hit pieces for their anonymous sources, but it’s cool here apparently?

Believe what you want to believe, nobody's gonna change your mind. But I can see why she'd want to stay anonymous given that she's a contractor and if she put her name out there she's gonna get nutjobs tanking her ratings or sending her death threats.

Corn Pop needs to pay AB a visit.

With so many alleging that AB stiffed them, it makes me think he wasn't going to settle with Taylor guilty or not. Some people just don't want to pay for anything.

The article did not move the needle for me. I fully believe Brown is the type to create drama and stiff people when it's time to pay up. I also wouldn't doubt what the muralist said either.

At the end of the day, AB is a high IQ football player who produces on the field and comes with drama filled baggage. If I were to ever deal with AB myself, I am taking cash up front.

Why is SI (and noted Pats hater, progressive social justice warrior Robert Klemko) digging dirt and "investigating" Brown now? Why now, you yellow journalist hacks, you good for nothing fake news muckrakers? Why didn't they dig for this dirt a month ago? A year ago? Lord knows, Brown had enough circus act nonsense surrounding him to warrant a deep dive into his personal life.

Believe what you want to believe, nobody's gonna change your mind. But I can see why she'd want to stay anonymous given that she's a contractor and if she put her name out there she's gonna get nutjobs tanking her ratings or sending her death threats.
She’s going to get death threats because Antonio Brown may truly be a scumbag and came out in a towel? Lol wut?

Hiding behind anonymity to try and kick a guy while he’s down is a joke. Put your name on the story and stand by it.

That still does not erase a history of terrible conduct.
exactly. The issue really is that the Krafts are not going to let this damage their brand a lot further, which is absolutely doing. No one is talking about the Patriots unstoppable offense, they are talking 24/7 about our newest player's issues with accusations of very lewd and criminal behavior. You don't have to like it, but the Krafts will cut bait on this one. This is not deflate gate, this is nothing that Kraft is going to rally around.

@Ras-IR Dowling

She’s going to get death threats because Antonio Brown may truly be a scumbag and came out in a towel? Lol wut?

Hiding behind anonymity to try and kick a guy while he’s down is a joke. Put your name on the story and stand by it.
Do you think Kraft should cut him?

Notice how it falls on Pat's lap? These alleged accusations are coming out now because it's a headline grabber Anti-Patriot narrative ' Pats Are At It Again' when this happened clearly on Steeler's watch.
because the civil suit was filed when he was a Patriot...no conspiracy

I'm totally speculating here, but I get the sense that a lot of posters are attempting to avoid cognitive dissonance by assassinating the character of the accusers, presumably in an effort to undermine the accusations, and therefore prevent the psychological conflict of potentially rooting for a shady player. Or, perhaps, to undermine scrutiny and critique from the media.

None of this is surprising, as these accusations being false and Brown being an upstanding character is in the best interest of the Patriots and their fans.

You're allowed to root for the guy to contribute to the Patriots' success AND acknowledge that he appears to have questionable character (perhaps for reasons largely out of his control, such as childhood, upbringing, etc).
I never for a second claimed he's a great human being. There's a vast, vast difference between being less than admirable, and deserving to be railroaded and have one's life ruined by false accusations. In case you missed it, the firestorm has at its center some allegations that are easily among the flimsiest and most suspect in the entire history of all celebrity foibles.

There probably aren't many players on any NFL team, or for that matter NBA or MLB or NHL teams, that haven't done something untoward at some point in their lives. I personally know a former pro athlete who had a long career and never had the slightest negative word written about him; and he's easily among the most execrable and loathsome human beings I have ever known.

The last I checked, being less than a perfect person is not the same as being a rapist; one is ample reason to be placed on the exempt list, and one most definitely is not (there wouldn't be a league if that standard were employed).

After game 3 it will be a "jerking off into a plant" story.

Hopefully he has a great game 3.

Notice he isnt doing anything RIGHT NOW. All of these allegations were when he played with the steelers and honestly its not very surprising given his tendencies on and off the field. Like when he flipped out on Ben and threw a Gatorade cooler on the ground during a game. It should surprise no one that he does stupid sht off the field.

Uh yes, she'll probably get death threats from morons calling her a liar and she'll be right in the middle of a news cycle she doesn't want to be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3