PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot claims of him squelching on contractors. If that's true, were they suing him? You can take someone to small claims court without racking up legal fees.

While he may be guilty of that, I also don't find it doubtful that contractors would try to overcharge a rich, dumb, athlete who is throwing his money around.
Doesn't sound like he needed to throw his money around. Common thread, he allegedly tells them he wants them on payroll, verbally gets them to agree because well he's AB with tons of money, then he moves on, using assistants as intermediaries. I mean he was using cops to mediate $500 with his baby mama, lol.

Doesn't sound like he's dumb to me, just cheap. Dumb is entering into a verbal agreement with AB.

Someone needs to change the thread title, since this is NOT an allegation of sexual assault. She is not saying that he touched her or that he even exposed himself completely.

Term it sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, or just weird behavior, but it is NOT sexual assault.

I am not minimizing the allegation, but proper descriptors are important.

Honestly, the sexual harassment thing is like Zeke Mowatt stuff. Garbage but par for the course with men who are big pampered babies; the muralist herself says it wasn't the first or last time that happened to her and she didn't say anything because it was (unfortunately) normal. The other stories in that SI article are really the kickers. This guy's totally off his rocker. Unfortunately, the thread title is both misleading and narrow; as you can tell by a lot of the posts ("money seekers" etc) many never actually bothered to resd behind the title. Pats fans dot com baby.

If I were AB I would sue the crap out of SI for defamation and character assassination. The article makes clear from the start, in a shockingly pathetic way that in and of itself is glaring evidence of how greatly journalism has deteriorated just in the last twenty years, that the SI staff set out with the express intent to dredge up all the dirt they could on him, i.e. to harm him.
"express intent to harm him" is irrelevant.

Since he's a public figure it is only defamation if they print something they know to be false or display a reckless disregard as to whether what they print is false or not. Intent doesn't matter.

Again.. the timing has to make you wonder. Why wasn't all this stuff outed while he was still a Raider? A Steeler?

Notice how it falls on Pat's lap? These alleged accusations are coming out now because it's a headline grabber Anti-Patriot narrative ' Pats Are At It Again' when this happened clearly on Steeler's watch.

Notice how it falls on Pat's lap? These alleged accusations are coming out now because it's a headline grabber Anti-Patriot narrative ' Pats Are At It Again' when this happened clearly on Steeler's watch.

Brown was the big headline this season before he even signed with the Patriots, before he even stepped foot in Raiders camp. This doesn't read like a story the author started investigating or writing a week ago, there's a lot of research here.

Some of you guys need to get off the "Patriots are oppressed" train; they really have nobody to blame but themselves for bringing the circus to town. This wasn't Hernandez or whatever, Brown's instability was hardly a secret. He's a hell of a football player but no one should've fooled themself that this was anything other than a deal with the devil.

The threat title is factually inaccurate and should be changed.

Man-child with no positive male role model growing up doesn't know how to respect women. News at 11.

Regards,
Chris

Are we blaming the Steelers for not baby sitting him..?

I'm totally speculating here, but I get the sense that a lot of posters are attempting to avoid cognitive dissonance by assassinating the character of the accusers, presumably in an effort to undermine the accusations, and therefore prevent the psychological conflict of potentially rooting for a shady player. Or, perhaps, to undermine scrutiny and critique from the media.

None of this is surprising, as these accusations being false and Brown being an upstanding character is in the best interest of the Patriots and their fans.

You're allowed to root for the guy to contribute to the Patriots' success AND acknowledge that he appears to have questionable character (perhaps for reasons largely out of his control, such as childhood, upbringing, etc).

Yeah, this makes what he did a lot better...
you don't think rape is worse than standing naked in front of someone holding a towel over your junk???

Brown was the big headline this season before he even signed with the Patriots, before he even stepped foot in Raiders camp. This doesn't read like a story the author started investigating or writing a week ago, there's a lot of research here.

Some of you guys need to get off the "Patriots are oppressed" train; they really have nobody to blame but themselves for bringing the circus to town. This wasn't Hernandez or whatever, Brown's instability was hardly a secret. He's a hell of a football player but no one should've fooled themself that this was anything other than a deal with the devil.

Yeah it’s hilarious. In the other thread someone said that the woman who is accusing him of rape is only doing it because she’s from Tennessee and probably a Titans fan so she hates the Patriots. They were completely serious. People are losing their minds trying to defend AB over this stuff.

As I see it, you have two options: 1. Admit that AB is a garbage human being but you’re ok with that because you can separate off field from on field or 2. Lobby for him to be cut because you don’t want to have to root for him.

But don’t say that he’s a good guy and is getting railroaded solely because he’s a Patriot. Have some respect for yourself.

you don't think rape is worse than standing naked in front of someone holding a towel over your junk???

He never claimed that full-blown rape isn't worse than sexual harassment. Of course it is.

That doesn't make sexual harassment any less of a sh*tty thing to do, or a complete non-issue.

“I’m on my knees painting the [mural], and he walks up to me butt-ass naked, with a hand cloth covering his [penis] and starts having a conversation with me,” the woman told Klemko. “Unfortunately, I’ve been tried [by men] a lot of times, so I just kept my cool and kept painting. After that, it all ended abruptly.”

Maybe he wanted her to paint him in a dramatic Greco-Roman fashion?:D

Chiefs have Tyreke. These arent choir boys!!

Of course it is...when did I say it wasn't?

"she took it as a clear sexual come-on." But she doesn't mention anything about the conversation? Nothing where Brown kept suggesting sex, or commenting on her appearance or asking her to come up to his bedroom or anything? Just that he was standing there with a hand towel over his groin?

Did she tell him she was uncomfortable? Did she ask him to cover up more? I don't think this story from SI is too far on the spectrum of actual sexual harassment/assault, and he's probably in good shape if this is all they come up with after talking with tons of his contacts.

Edit: bad post. I'm not even sure what I was thinking, except maybe it's not *technically* provable, but obviously in societal norms a come-on.

Last edited:
He never claimed that full-blown rape isn't worse than sexual harassment. Of course it is.

That doesn't make sexual harassment any less of a sh*tty thing to do, or a complete non-issue.
not only that but it is also a crime

Damn. One person who went the civil route rather than the criminal route you can (maybe) explain away. Not multiple. Now I want the Pats to get rid of him. Impossible to cheer for this guy, and I'm pissed either he hid his issues from the Pats before they paid him a boatload of $$, or they didn't do their due dilligence, or they ignored the intelligence on this guy. It's one thing if he's just crazy and hurts himself with his antics. Quite another when he is hurting other people, particularly women. What a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes